Hp&ps

suduRed

Known Member
Sep 27, 2005
Bdr.Sri.Dmsara
newbie question indeed..for a long time i didnt know what is the diff between HP&PS??
which is i noticed hp is common used for non R machine and PS was for R or like a limited machine..i.e:B16B able to produce 185ps meanwhile B16A 160hp.
all my sifus pls ge me clear on to this newbie question,thx and thx again.
(ambil galah tlg jolokan erk huhuhuhu)

papagoines

Orang Tua
Feb 6, 2006
Rawang/Selangor
newbie question indeed..for a long time i didnt know what is the diff between HP&PS??
which is i noticed hp is common used for non R machine and PS was for R or like a limited machine..i.e:B16B able to produce 185ps meanwhile B16A 160hp.
all my sifus pls ge me clear on to this newbie question,thx and thx again.
(ambil galah tlg jolokan erk huhuhuhu)
i think this might help
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Horsepower#PS

1PS ≈ 0.98632 hp (SAE)

in this example, B16B hp is 185 PS x 0.98632 = 182.4692HP

not much diff anyway

p/s: sory 'kacau' thread... not a honda owner here

suduRed

Known Member
Sep 27, 2005
Bdr.Sri.Dmsara
papagoines,
thx for the effort...any honda otaimer fellas outhere noticed this in the better view,since its the basic of the car knowledge...
need more specific explainations(short summaries) instead of engine sourcers ie..wikipedia is a quite complicated to understand..
PAGINGS shiroitenshi,dc vtec,JINEIL2EN,fobs and the other common forumers pls share urs ...
thx btw

Last edited:

bien335

1,500 RPM
Aug 3, 2009
Johor Bahru
wah, nama fobs naik :thefinger:

anywhoo

PS is a unit used by the germans and Japanese to measure power output, hence why you see the JIS after the quoted power output.

like, for example, the k24a in the Absolute, it produces 206PS (JIS). JIS is the japanese standard.

bhp, hp, kW are different measurement units, used by different standards.

DIN, SAE are some of the standards used.

the metric unit for power is kW (kilowatt)

capice?

papagoines

Orang Tua
Feb 6, 2006
Rawang/Selangor
papagoines,
thx for the effort...any honda otaimer fellas outhere noticed this in the better view,since its the basic of the car knowledge...
need more specific explainations(short summaries) instead of engine sourcers ie..wikipedia is a quite complicated to understand..
PAGINGS shiroitenshi,dc vtec,JINEIL2EN,fobs and the other common forumers pls share urs ...
thx btw
wah, nama fobs naik :thefinger:

anywhoo

PS is a unit used by the germans and Japanese to measure power output, hence why you see the JIS after the quoted power output.

like, for example, the k24a in the Absolute, it produces 206PS (JIS). JIS is the japanese standard.

bhp, hp, kW are different measurement units, used by different standards.

DIN, SAE are some of the standards used.

the metric unit for power is kW (kilowatt)

capice?
there you have it, suduRed (or shud i call you spoonMerah? :biggrin: )....bien335's explanation is much more concise :idea:

either way, hp and ps are not far off...

suduRed

Known Member
Sep 27, 2005
Bdr.Sri.Dmsara
hahahaha..just cleared me the most indeed,thx to bien335&papagoines for the details of explanations given..thx again dudes

semutapi

Known Member
Feb 19, 2005
Sudured, my friend .... weird now suddently interested to know about 'Kuasa Kuda'. Got new project arr Bro....:biggrin:

suduRed

Known Member
Sep 27, 2005
Bdr.Sri.Dmsara
greats to you as well my fren engineer semut api,hows penang??whts ur new project on RB??...no laa,just suddently it make me ponder on this basics car knowledge that i couldnt even know...1 of my WD colleague(quite newbie)just boughts an Accrd Euro and still under learnings on Honda/Vtec thingy..he alwys keen keep asking me on his doubtness on honda's spec/thingy like im a expertise enough in this feild,but the facts my self still under entry level huhu,he asking me on this things(ps/hp diff) and i was failed to provide an unswer unless find it in Wikki..etc,this is such a basic..how come we dun knoe,embbarasing me the most...btw,jaruk is going to sell his yellow spoon EK9J, J..?..its mean Jaruk laa(EK9 Jarok spec),he quoted wonna plays with diff kind of toys...superbike!!!
pagings Jaruk!!!
if i play with EK9,EG6,Jazz spoon...hujan??momantai..tekan je kasi vtec bukak biar bunyi hujan tu hilang hehehehe
therefore if i play on superbike(CBR)...hujan?? kuyuuppppppp,lepak bawah fly over jap aar....ahaks!!joke but its really.

bulet

500 RPM
Oct 24, 2006
Cheras
a ah....WD near to my place also. can tt someday...last time met red CL7R around that area

btw, thank 4 all infos about hp & ps...

dc_vtec

500 RPM
Jun 15, 2006
sadly, I cannot joining car forum anymore.
this is my last contribution for honda forum since i have no honda..
dedicated for sudureeeeeeddddd...:biggrin:

SePaT

1,000 RPM
Jan 8, 2004
there is no stopping for you to own honda .. from EG to Ek and now?? play superbike for fun oklaa bro. .. the ejaculation somehow far diffrent from vtec screaming .. i thought lah kekeke

buy S2000 after this okay.. aminnn:adore:

semutapi

Known Member
Feb 19, 2005
greats to you as well my fren engineer semut api,hows penang??whts ur new project on RB??...no laa,just suddently it make me ponder on this basics car knowledge that i couldnt even know...1 of my WD colleague(quite newbie)just boughts an Accrd Euro and still under learnings on Honda/Vtec thingy..he alwys keen keep asking me on his doubtness on honda's spec/thingy like im a expertise enough in this feild,but the facts my self still under entry level huhu,he asking me on this things(ps/hp diff) and i was failed to provide an unswer unless find it in Wikki..etc,this is such a basic..how come we dun knoe,embbarasing me the most...btw,jaruk is going to sell his yellow spoon EK9J, J..?..its mean Jaruk laa(EK9 Jarok spec),he quoted wonna plays with diff kind of toys...superbike!!!
pagings Jaruk!!!
if i play with EK9,EG6,Jazz spoon...hujan??momantai..tekan je kasi vtec bukak biar bunyi hujan tu hilang hehehehe
therefore if i play on superbike(CBR)...hujan?? kuyuuppppppp,lepak bawah fly over jap aar....ahaks!!joke but its really.
Sorry for late reply quit busy nowdays. all great Sudured, My RB just same accept the cosmetic change, weird to talk in this Honda forum as im not own the Honda anymore,since my last EG6, still miss the car, but we all are car lover so it nevermind rite.

Wah Jaruk sudah tukar selera, hard to believe hehehe...

**Geng, when coming to penang dont forget to call me, I will belanja DONUT for free..:driver:

suduRed

Known Member
Sep 27, 2005
Bdr.Sri.Dmsara
deeeyyy aney...is a big deal for me though if you leaving us in ZTH(H)just like that...doesnt matter on whts toy you play with,despite no more VTEC in ur dictionary but is no harm to just keep login in here or atleast once a while as my self did.
CBR???:hmmmm:my grandpap told me that CBR is the most success superbike ever produced by Honda...so its concider you still in(H)laaa m i rite??btw nanti superbike ko dah cun aku nak pinjam nak wat wikang...pretty sure not even 1 dusk shall be stick on the said CBR huhuhuhu,
da most imprtant thing is to get self satisfactions n enjoy ur self ahead..lunch sama nanti yor

Bump:
bro sudured, did you just say that your friend got himself an Accord Euro? CL7 Euro R??
yup!!!its non R btw....running with F20B in bay

Sorry for late reply quit busy nowdays. all great Sudured, My RB just same accept the cosmetic change, weird to talk in this Honda forum as im not own the Honda anymore,since my last EG6, still miss the car, but we all are car lover so it nevermind rite.

Wah Jaruk sudah tukar selera, hard to believe hehehe...

**Geng, when coming to penang dont forget to call me, I will belanja DONUT for free..:driver:
'but we all are car lover so it nevermind rite'...sure!!...y not??sharing knowledge is such a caring,doesnt matter la wht cop it is...sumore you are used in this forum b4,gud luck to u too...

a ah....WD near to my place also. can tt someday...last time met red CL7R around that area

btw, thank 4 all infos about hp & ps...
momantai... just the matter of time

Last edited:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi all..

I've got problem with my car a/c. suddenly feel did not cold. And in this video this is what my compressor behavior. Is it normal? When I open throttle a bit, the compressor cut off.

air con compressor cut off - YouTube
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience