NEED HELP: Proton Wira 1.5 auto can mati enjin

DickWad

Feb 14, 2007
Hi guys,

Was wondering if any of you gurus could help me out with my problem.:hmmmm:

I'm currently driving an Wira sedan 1.5 auto, year 2000.
When I'm in Neutral(N) d engine rev is @ about 1K which I feel is normal.
But when I put it in Drive(D) or Reverse(R), d rev goes below 500.
I've tried servicing the TB but d problem still re-occurs constantly.:mad:

Recently, it has become so bad that the car sometimes even stalls wen I'm reversing my car or accelerate out of a junction.
I'm afraid I might get into an accident sooner or later if this keeps on happening.

Do any of u sifus have any idea on whats goin on or how 2 remedy it?
Pls help..

Btw, the only aftermarket part I've put in is an open type K&N air filter.

jinggo84

Known Member
Aug 2, 2006
try to check ur fuel filter...change to new one, and fuel pump also...or check the plug cable...

ham_m2

500 RPM
Feb 9, 2007
Klang/KL
www.friendster.com
hey bro,i also experiencing the same problem...sumtime the engine just dead...damn dangerous...
im trying to save money to buy new throttle body...:banghead::banghead:

jinggo84

Known Member
Aug 2, 2006
yep...my waja and kancil also got same problem...so, 1st i change the fuel pump for my kancil. still got problem...then i take out the fuel filter...and i knock with hammer then dirt came out. but i preffer change the new fuel filter and its ok until now. then my waja also face same problem but now, it settle already. the fuse at fuel pump burned out and the wire is touching. then fuel filter also blocked already. and changed to the new one.

DickWad

Feb 14, 2007
hey bro,i also experiencing the same problem...sumtime the engine just dead...damn dangerous...
im trying to save money to buy new throttle body...:banghead::banghead:
I'm not too sure it's d throttle body.
I've replaced it b4 n it still gave me d same problem.
A lil bit better but d problem still there.

yep...my waja and kancil also got same problem...so, 1st i change the fuel pump for my kancil. still got problem...then i take out the fuel filter...and i knock with hammer then dirt came out. but i preffer change the new fuel filter and its ok until now. then my waja also face same problem but now, it settle already. the fuse at fuel pump burned out and the wire is touching. then fuel filter also blocked already. and changed to the new one.
I'll try that. Hope it helps.

If any1 else has any other suggestions, feel free to let me know.
Tot of changing new car but wif d state of economy I think I jus stick 2 my trusty ol "Hero" for now.

meltan7

500 RPM
Feb 3, 2006
Kelana Jaya
some idling stabilizer device. can't really explain much cos i don't know the technical stuff.

hope the sifus can help me out.

jinggo84

Known Member
Aug 2, 2006
idling can be controlled at trottle body bro..dont need to buy stuff...just check ur fuel filter and fuel pump 1st...

EvolutionZ

5,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Aug 3, 2007
go to any proton svc ctr and get it test with mutII, then u will know where to troubleshoot....not expensive, bout rm70 only to check...at least u don need to check so many stuff...it will tell u exactly where to rectify....

EvolutionZ

5,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Aug 3, 2007
juz go tell them yr car got problem, ask them to check...then they will know wat to do....but go early morning coz proton svc ctr very long que la...sometimes need to wait for hours....

DickWad

Feb 14, 2007
Alrite... Thx buddy.
Will try tat dis weekend n go from there..

ham_m2

500 RPM
Feb 9, 2007
Klang/KL
www.friendster.com
sifus,i got one new problem...When i press my horn for a bit long of time,my engine just died like it has insufficient of electricity...why ar?:banghead::banghead:

DickWad

Feb 14, 2007
Tatz a new 1.
I havent heard of anything like tat happening before...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

is alrdy year end and every year end many things will happen especially rob and brak-in cases

every year end thieves and robbers are like any company's wan to close their account for the year....so thieves and robbers will do anything to rob you, brake in to ur house, steal ur cars or just brake-in to ur car and steal the things in ur car....year after year the thieves and robbers are getting more dangerous they can even kill the person they rob just for the money or the things they have...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience