FD3S vs retard owner

cosmicgate

Known Member
Oct 14, 2005
i remember 3 years ago i was sourcing a FD3S with cash budget of around 75k. 3 years later i still see that the same piece of sht is still up for sale at 75k. I have sourced and travelled across the whole malaysia in search of one, but it fail to meet one of my main criteria: car has to be less than 3 owners and yes you have guessed it, 3 years ago, then and now a typical World War 2 era car still sells for 75k at average in Malaysia.It's pretty obvious which car owners wear rose-colored sunglasses and frolic with unicorns all day. The prices you're asking for your cars are ridiculous. Since you haven't felt the invisible hand of the market, allow me to deliver the pimp slap of common sense.

1)Start there and get an idea of what to expect for your car. If you're asking over 75k for a car that tops out at 50k value, you are a retard. The only people who would pay that price are fellow retards, and guess what? Most of them can't use the internet. You're one of the lucky few. Quit while you're ahead

2)How many kms does the car have? Manual or auto? What year is it? What options does it have? Clean title or salvage? Do you have all the records? This is important, relevant information. "rx-7 for sale" is not self-explanatory.

3)A picture is worth a thousand words. Put up a photo and give a little taste of what the car looks like. There's nothing I enjoy more than flying in MAS/AIRASIA just to see the "immaculate" car with cigarette burns all over the interior. Be upfront. In fact, that's a good one too

4)I'm about to hand you several thousands cash. Do you really think I won't be thorough and check out/test drive the car? Yes, I'm going to notice that the engine shudders, or it pulls to the left, or it has a peculiar smell. Be honest about it. Don't be a jerk and we all know rx7 has crap stock engines. stop denying and lying and justifying how bullet proof a wankel engine is. you want a bullet proof engine, a 2jz is, not a 13B. If you've own a fd/fc and you said its better than a proton saga, well are in fact Jesus living in disguise in the our era.

5)This is a recession. Your car has been up on for sale at the same price for 6 months. LOWER THE PRICE!

6)I've searched for "BMW M3" and gotten a efini result by some guy that doesn't know how to use keywords properly. Those cars do not cater to the same type of person! Let it go.

7)Alot says that its up that price because the design of an FD is timeless. If you wanted a timeless machine, i would say a NSX is, never a FD.You are comparing Louis Vuiton to Los Vitton of chow kitt market. Please smack some sense to your thick skull.

8)"OBO" literally means "or best offer." If you aren't taking the best offer, don't use the phrase. Simple as that.

I don't see what's so hard about this. You have a car and you want cash. Some ppl out there have cash and want a car.Please get it priced reasonably.

Every now and then when i see a potential buyer asking about an overpriced FD i scoffed and laughed and i was very glad that i didn't buy a FD last time. It just wasn't worth it.

I'm very glad that i settled for another car. I was a very happier man than i did if i ever got an FD.

Last edited:

zealless

Known Member
May 19, 2005
Melbourne / KL
i remember 3 years ago i was sourcing a FD3S with cash budget of around 75k. 3 years later i still see that the same piece of sht is still up for sale at 75k. I have sourced and travelled across the whole malaysia in search of one, but it fail to meet one of my main criteria: car has to be less than 3 owners and yes you have guessed it, 3 years ago, then and now a typical World War 2 era car still sells for 75k at average in Malaysia.It's pretty obvious which car owners wear rose-colored sunglasses and frolic with unicorns all day. The prices you're asking for your cars are ridiculous. Since you haven't felt the invisible hand of the market, allow me to deliver the pimp slap of common sense.

1)Start there and get an idea of what to expect for your car. If you're asking over 75k for a car that tops out at 50k value, you are a retard. The only people who would pay that price are fellow retards, and guess what? Most of them can't use the internet. You're one of the lucky few. Quit while you're ahead

2)How many kms does the car have? Manual or auto? What year is it? What options does it have? Clean title or salvage? Do you have all the records? This is important, relevant information. "rx-7 for sale" is not self-explanatory, dumbfuck.

3)A picture is worth a thousand words. Put up a photo and give a little taste of what the car looks like. There's nothing I enjoy more than flying in MAS/AIRASIA just to see the "immaculate" car with cigarette burns all over the interior. Be upfront. In fact, that's a good one too

4)I'm about to hand you several thousands downpayment. Do you really think I won't be thorough and check out/test drive the car? Yes, I'm going to notice that the engine shudders, or it pulls to the left, or it has a peculiar smell. Be honest about it. Don't be a jerk and we all know rx7 has crap stock engines. stop denying and lying and justifying how bullet proof a wankel engine is. you want a bullet proof engine, a 2jz is, not a 13B. If you've own a fd/fc and you said its better than a proton saga, well are in fact Jesus living in disguise in the our era.

5)This is a recession. Your car has been up on for sale at the same price for 6 months. LOWER THE PRICE!

6)I've searched for "BMW M3" and gotten a efini result by some guy that doesn't know how to use keywords properly. Those cars do not cater to the same type of person! Let it go.

7)Alot says that its up that price because the design of an FD is timeless. If you wanted a timeless machine, i would say a NSX is, never a FD.You are comparing Louis Vuiton to Los Vitton of chow kitt market. Please smack some sense to your thick skull.

8)"OBO" literally means "or best offer." If you aren't taking the best offer, don't use the phrase. Simple as that.

I don't see what's so hard about this. You have a car and you want cash. Some ppl out there have cash and want a car.Please get it priced reasonably.

Every now and then when i see a potential buyer asking about an overpriced FD i scoffed and laughed and i was very glad that i didn't buy a FD last time. It just wasn't worth it.

I'm very glad that i settled for another car. I was a very happier man than i did if i ever got an FD.
chill man, FD is over price in Malaysia, unless the whole engine = not stock (mostly are)
rx8 is quite reasonable .... hehe ... don't expect performance of 7

cosmicgate

Known Member
Oct 14, 2005
i am cool. I am just puzzled at how the rexes are able to retain its value after all these years. amazing. either you all made a pack across malaysia to have it fixed at that value or you all are still stuck at the time when you first got the car. i know its a rarity, but hey r32 is also a rarity but it made a bigger impact/impression than the rexes.

hmmm...maybe all rex owners should never sell their rexes at all. keep it.

zealless

Known Member
May 19, 2005
Melbourne / KL
i am cool. I am just puzzled at how the rexes are able to retain its value after all these years. amazing. either you all made a pack across malaysia to have it fixed at that value or you all are still stuck at the time when you first got the car. i know its a rarity, but hey r32 is also a rarity but it made a bigger impact/impression than the rexes.

hmmm...maybe all rex owners should never sell their rexes at all. keep it.
well, i can understand why it will not drop below 50K ...
if you wan to ship new FD in, it would cost you 45K AP + tax and duty, roughly
then you car cost + shipping price 15K .. so, total 60K ...
used FD sale as junk + AP worth 50K, so the price never drop if there's still demand.

alantan

3,000 RPM
Dec 24, 2003
kl
Visit site
cosmicgate,

i am very happy to hear someone really firing about the price of FD. indeed it is not 3 years but probably 6-8 years. i remember it was 75k long time ago and still 75k today for a 93/95..i say its ..ermmmm....not worth the money.

my mech shipped in a non-document FD for 20+k..if only my grandpa owns JPJ i would have bought it from him and fake the documents for it.

meanwhile , every new subaru release the older version will loose 10-15% gradually years by years..so yea..i'm in for Subaru Impreza 05 version and totally off RX-7 unless it is my 3rd car or so~

regards,
alan tan

elsm80

Known Member
Mar 21, 2006
HAHA....

Herein lies a fantastic grey area of differing opinions.

Here we have an idiot whos raving about prices for the FD when it is obviously a problem of a much greater scope and scale.

Silly AP policies, fantastic import duties and car appeal all play a role in enusring the price of the car remains relatively high.

For RM75k, try getting any other car of similar capability, legacy and beauty. I dare you to name one. Yea, you might say that 75K is shit loads of money and you can even pay for the downpayment of a new GTR with that but the gist of the matter is that I don't want a GTR or the freaking loss I'll be making even BEFORE my car is fully paid up for.

Yea, the 13B isn't bullet proof yadda yadda yadda... but no body is asking you to buy a rotary for reliabilty sake. It's a unique engine with unique traits and flaws. If you cannot live with it, then don't.

You sound so bitter and resentful, its really pathethic.

If you cannot afford or are unwilling to part with RM75k, its your pre-rogative and I won't judge you for that. There's no such thing as value when it comes to performance cars. You pay for what YOU think its worth. If you cannot or unwilling to pay the asking price, it just means that YOU are unable to live your desires. Suck it up and grow a pair of balls. Sissies crying out of perceived injustices just don't bear any credibility.

Ultimately at the end of the day, if you're so happy now...good for you and we are happy for you too. Don't come around here and preach your insecurities and bullshit.

I cannot afford a 911 993 GT2, You don't see me bitching about it like a small girl just because collectors out there CAN afford to pay more than me.

I hope you slap yourself across the face for being such a narrow minded prick.

muikit88

Known Member
Aug 2, 2005
Malaysia
im newbie who juz bought a FD...
actually for me...my dad got advise me 2 buy a Evo7 b4 i buy my FD...buying a impreza 7 or evo 7 is much easier than cash buying a Rx-7 FD...
cause it might be easier to maintain, 4 seat n it is much new than FD...petrol i think oso will more save than FD...1liter petrol oni can run around 6km...
but for me...Rx-7 FD is not a car...it is my dream...
not matter the outlook or the performance...it still can compare to the latest sport car 2day...
Rx-7 are very rare in msia...and then the FD price are not control by the buyer but by the market of the desire of ppl for own a Rx-7...
OWN A RX-7 MAKE ME PROUD...

sry bro, my english is very poor...

Steve...

savahn

Known Member
Feb 16, 2007
Comicgate: To each his own.

If you think buying an FD is expensive, just wait til you want to kit it out. Even the PETROL to drive it around is costly.

And just curious, do you know the price of an NSX here in MY?

Finally, a "Rex" is a Subaru Imprezza WRX (usually STI), not an RX7 or 8.

Nobody
Helmet Clan
Dec 21, 2005
cosmicgate,understand what u feel on overpriced vechile like rx7,ae86,180sx & etc...i was like "wtf,r u serious on selling ur car???" when i saw how much they tagged their ride, but it's their car & they hv every right to sell at any price they want (as long as they happy).they are the one who paying motortrader,putting effort in taking pic & post in zth/mudah/autoworld,wasting their own time & money.so just dun bother them & let someone else who think it worth it to take over the car.remember, willing seller,willing buyer .nobody could force anybody to pay extra to get something the buyer dun feel it worth.

when someone offer me 2xk for my 17 years old bimmer,i'll ask him get out of my sight...:rofl:

peace

bushidofang

'(00) Lurker
Helmet Clan
Jun 1, 2006
Anywhere
HAHA....

Herein lies a fantastic grey area of differing opinions.

Here we have an idiot whos raving about prices for the FD when it is obviously a problem of a much greater scope and scale.

Silly AP policies, fantastic import duties and car appeal all play a role in enusring the price of the car remains relatively high.

For RM75k, try getting any other car of similar capability, legacy and beauty. I dare you to name one. Yea, you might say that 75K is shit loads of money and you can even pay for the downpayment of a new GTR with that but the gist of the matter is that I don't want a GTR or the freaking loss I'll be making even BEFORE my car is fully paid up for.

Yea, the 13B isn't bullet proof yadda yadda yadda... but no body is asking you to buy a rotary for reliabilty sake. It's a unique engine with unique traits and flaws. If you cannot live with it, then don't.

You sound so bitter and resentful, its really pathethic.

If you cannot afford or are unwilling to part with RM75k, its your pre-rogative and I won't judge you for that. There's no such thing as value when it comes to performance cars. You pay for what YOU think its worth. If you cannot or unwilling to pay the asking price, it just means that YOU are unable to live your desires. Suck it up and grow a pair of balls. Sissies crying out of perceived injustices just don't bear any credibility.

Ultimately at the end of the day, if you're so happy now...good for you and we are happy for you too. Don't come around here and preach your insecurities and bullshit.

I cannot afford a 911 993 GT2, You don't see me bitching about it like a small girl just because collectors out there CAN afford to pay more than me.

I hope you slap yourself across the face for being such a narrow minded prick.
i love you elsm80. :adore: eventhough i'm still 18, and don't have a car yet, i'm still working my way up to get one of my own. Will never forget the first RX7 i saw when i was four. the love was with me until now. :biggrin:

Comicgate: To each his own.

If you think buying an FD is expensive, just wait til you want to kit it out. Even the PETROL to drive it around is costly.

And just curious, do you know the price of an NSX here in MY?

Finally, a "Rex" is a Subaru Imprezza WRX (usually STI), not an RX7 or 8.
Owned.:biggrin:

savahn

Known Member
Feb 16, 2007
willing seller,willing buyer
:biggrin:

Enough of the bashing guys.

To be honest, there are very good points in that post. But the main point is that you must value the car as much as the price being asked - or its a no-deal.

Last edited:

woaychee

Known Member
Dec 27, 2005

2)How many kms does the car have? Manual or auto? What year is it? What options does it have? Clean title or salvage? Do you have all the records? This is important, relevant information. "rx-7 for sale" is not self-explanatory.

4)I'm about to hand you several thousands cash. Do you really think I won't be thorough and check out/test drive the car? Yes, I'm going to notice that the engine shudders, or it pulls to the left, or it has a peculiar smell. Be honest about it. Don't be a jerk and we all know rx7 has crap stock engines. stop denying and lying and justifying how bullet proof a wankel engine is. you want a bullet proof engine, a 2jz is, not a 13B. If you've own a fd/fc and you said its better than a proton saga, well are in fact Jesus living in disguise in the our era.

Last edited:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

i would to ask the sifu around here... my stock gti sudden mati engine for few times... i go many workshop... but they cannot figure it out... battery ok... engine oil ok... a/f sensor still function... what could it be???

any idea please let me know...

cause i buy it for my little brother...

it is dangerous if it happen always...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience