high cam setting

zulfadly

Known Member
Sep 16, 2007
anyone can tell me how to set cam n campulley..

set btul..

bkn main ketuk2..
:biggrin:

jinkl

4,000 RPM
May 22, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
anyone can tell me how to set cam n campulley..

set btul..

bkn main ketuk2..
:biggrin:
1. U need to know how a head fully functions , lifters , valves , etc etc
2. U need the tools , do u have a cam dial gauge ?
3. U need a degree wheel
4. U need a need to know engine basics , TDC , BTDC .....etc
5. U need adjustable cam pulleys
6. If you are running on hydraulic tapets , u need to modify one to be made solid
7. If you dont at all understand wht i stated above :D hehehe alot more need to learn

*I ownself do not know how to do cam degree, i only watch the sifu's do it, and I can say is that I understand, but I do not wht so ever have practical knowledge of these, hehehe

first things first, you need a cam card , nearly all cams are not drop in cams, tht includes HKS , BC , JUN , FP , TOMEI , etc etc

this is how a cam card looks like , the below is for a evo8 cosworth cam

with the tools above stated , you will be able to degree/dial in your cams in a SERIOUS way that you have requested :D , no ketuk ketuk please

some pictures of cam dialing in process

Bump: please play safe hehehe , dont adjust wrongly, you could end up putting a valve into your piston :P

some more tweaking can be done after you have dialed them properly

Advancing Intake and Exhaust : This will provide the car with more bottom end power, and will decrease top end. Advancing both cam gears will move overlap earlier but will not increase it.

Retarding Intake and Exhaust : This will increase the cars top end, but will decrease low end. Retarding both cam gears will move the overlap later and but will not change the amount of overlap.

Advance Exhaust Only : This will help the cars top end, and it reduces overlap.

Retard Exhaust only : This will help the cars mid range power, very useful for cars with big turbos / big cams. By increasing overlap, It decreases lag significantly. Doing this will bring the boost on all at once. Very common DSM modification.

Advance Intake only : This will increase overlap and helps the cars bottom end and mid range power. This mod will bring the turbo on all at once, although isnt a very common mod for DSMS.

Bump: source : dsm boyz

Last edited:

zulfadly

Known Member
Sep 16, 2007
1. U need to know how a head fully functions , lifters , valves , etc etc
2. U need the tools , do u have a cam dial gauge ?
3. U need a degree wheel
4. U need a need to know engine basics , TDC , BTDC .....etc
5. U need adjustable cam pulleys
6. If you are running on hydraulic tapets , u need to modify one to be made solid
7. If you dont at all understand wht i stated above :D hehehe alot more need to learn

*I ownself do not know how to do cam degree, i only watch the sifu's do it, and I can say is that I understand, but I do not wht so ever have practical knowledge of these, hehehe

first things first, you need a cam card , nearly all cams are not drop in cams, tht includes HKS , BC , JUN , FP , TOMEI , etc etc

this is how a cam card looks like , the below is for a evo8 cosworth cam

with the tools above stated , you will be able to degree/dial in your cams in a SERIOUS way that you have requested :D , no ketuk ketuk please

some pictures of cam dialing in process

Bump: please play safe hehehe , dont adjust wrongly, you could end up putting a valve into your piston :P

some more tweaking can be done after you have dialed them properly

Advancing Intake and Exhaust : This will provide the car with more bottom end power, and will decrease top end. Advancing both cam gears will move overlap earlier but will not increase it.

Retarding Intake and Exhaust : This will increase the cars top end, but will decrease low end. Retarding both cam gears will move the overlap later and but will not change the amount of overlap.

Advance Exhaust Only : This will help the cars top end, and it reduces overlap.

Retard Exhaust only : This will help the cars mid range power, very useful for cars with big turbos / big cams. By increasing overlap, It decreases lag significantly. Doing this will bring the boost on all at once. Very common DSM modification.

Advance Intake only : This will increase overlap and helps the cars bottom end and mid range power. This mod will bring the turbo on all at once, although isnt a very common mod for DSMS.

Bump: source : dsm boyz
tq very much jin kl..
ur information very clearly n berharga..
nnt kt blh kongsi2 pndapt lg..
blh ke jin kl?
:adore:

but where to buy a dial gauge?
it is put at crankpully isn't it?
in picture white color rite?

HaxDuum

Known Member
Nov 4, 2007
which shop offer such details workmanship, nonono should call it "art touch-up"^^

actuator_bypass

Known Member
Sep 11, 2004
Basic adjusting, make sure your position of crankshaft is at Top Dead Center on the first piston.. but this is ketuk, ketuk tuning with aerospeed adjustable campulley. To be precise or just to get clearance of 0.001mm TDC then you have to use dial gauge as what JINKL as state up there.

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
Really nice info Jin.:adore:

szeeonn

Known Member
Jun 6, 2007
How if i ADVANCE intake and RETARD Exhaust ? would increase low mid power and Faster response for BIG TURBO ENGINE ?

tq

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
anyone can recommended me for do cam degree ?? i was tired ketuk2 cannot find the best proper tune help me :adore::adore::adore:
after ketuk2 u need to dyno and retune to fully utilize...

if just ketuk2 no retune also no point in doing it

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Kimi Raikkonen got close to Heikki Kovalainen's new lap record set yesterday, but fell short by less than two-tenths of a second with a best lap of 1:11.189s in his Ferrari F2008. Kovalainen was right on the pace again today at the Valencia circuit, lapping just 0.017s slower than the defending world champion...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience