Unable to find answer for 96 and 99 civic. Please help!!!

Hikaru

3,000 RPM
Aug 13, 2004
Atlanta, GA
photobucket.com
It's all the same from all years, Plug and play.

However, I have seen many people doing different shits when mounting 99-00 bumper on the 96 body. Some just cut the bumper horizontally around the number plate area to mount the lower portion of 99-00 on the existing 96-98 bumper. It's easier to change it back under such case, just plug and play back.

Some people actually use the 99-00 completely with 99-00 grille, but make some filling on the hood and headlights area to force the 99-00 bumper goes on it. If that's the case, you are doomed.

Venzonic

Apr 14, 2007
Sensei~Hikaru-san, doomo..

Do u means filling with fiber (cement alike thingy) at the gap between the headlight and grille + hood and grille to close up the gap?
If that is the case, anyway for me to change it back to 96 configuration?

For ur info, my current configuration have a big gap between the headlight and grille...

thanks...

Venzonic

Apr 14, 2007
Oops...it is not a big gap btw headlight & grille but is the big gap btw headlight sharp edge (which pointed to the center of the car/grille) and the bumper upper side (which connect to the hood).
I noticed that the bumper, grille and hood are 99 whereas the headlight and fender are 96.
1. If this is the case, can I change back to 96?
2. Which is more cost effective btw buying 99 headlight, fender and bumper (was damaged) to make it 99 or buying 96 hood, grille, bumper to make it 96...?by the way i don't mind 96 look....

Thanks a lotz.... for helping me out....cheerzzzz....

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Today, we are all the way at Melaka, the historical city of Malaysia. We have no prejudice on what car we work on, as long you love your car, we are always here to give your car our best.

Upon arrival, we inspected the car for surface...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience