Unable to find answer for 96 and 99 civic. Please help!!!

Hikaru

3,000 RPM

Hikaru

3,000 RPM
Aug 13, 2004
Atlanta, GA
photobucket.com
OK... This is my car's front pic.:biggrin:

Pic 1
-The headlamp and bumper is not flush... i.e. the headlight's is poking out
-The bumper and fender are not allign properly, funny cuz it seems tat the bumper will misalign itself after awhile.:stupid::stupid: Even though it's been screwed up properly.
View attachment 179046
View attachment 179043

Pic 2
-Last time fender-bender on the driver side, so u can c tat there is a bigger gap between the grille and bumper ON the driver side....
View attachment 179044

Pic 3
-There's a gap between headlights and fender......
View attachment 179045

I hope this can clarify a little, thanks for ur info.....
Pic 1 is pointless coz all EK are fixed with the headlights slightly pop up from the bumper, about 5mm. Of course, if you don't like this raise 5mm you can make the headlights flushed with bumper by adjusting the headlights.

Pic 2 is not the grille having problem but in fact your bumper. Usually if you make sure the grille are nicely slot into the bumper, everything should be tight up with screws underneatlh. But if your bumper position is not right, then it will force the grille to pop out like what you have here. IF you check your driver bumper, you can see it's poping out. Why? Because your bumper support bracket is 96 and you probably didn't have the slot made properly, you can still move your bumper backwark a bit so the grille and bumper will minimized.

Pic 3 I don't see much gap between headlight and fender, but I see more gap between hood and headlights instead on both sides, I think you have raise your hood to high.

drewn123

Known Member

drewn123

Known Member
Dec 13, 2005
Pic 1 is pointless coz all EK are fixed with the headlights slightly pop up from the bumper, about 5mm. Of course, if you don't like this raise 5mm you can make the headlights flushed with bumper by adjusting the headlights.

Pic 2 is not the grille having problem but in fact your bumper. Usually if you make sure the grille are nicely slot into the bumper, everything should be tight up with screws underneatlh. But if your bumper position is not right, then it will force the grille to pop out like what you have here. IF you check your driver bumper, you can see it's poping out. Why? Because your bumper support bracket is 96 and you probably didn't have the slot made properly, you can still move your bumper backwark a bit so the grille and bumper will minimized.

Pic 3 I don't see much gap between headlight and fender, but I see more gap between hood and headlights instead on both sides, I think you have raise your hood to high.
1. Understood.....

2. Last weekend, while installing the FR bumper beam. I've screwed-up the grille and bumper. The bumper beam tat i bought, came wit bumper support bracket. I believe it's ek99 spec cuz the bumper beam is from yr99 and it's definately shorter than ej....:rolleyes:

3. Will check wit my mudguard-lao bout the hood...

Thanks a lot, appreciate ur help...

Hikaru

3,000 RPM

Hikaru

3,000 RPM
Aug 13, 2004
Atlanta, GA
photobucket.com
1. Understood.....

2. Last weekend, while installing the FR bumper beam. I've screwed-up the grille and bumper. The bumper beam tat i bought, came wit bumper support bracket. I believe it's ek99 spec cuz the bumper beam is from yr99 and it's definately shorter than ej....:rolleyes:
You definitely screw up the bumper position when you install bumper beam coz the bumper brackets below the headlights are adjustable which you can raise it up and down, or moving forward or backward. Defintely it wont fit right no matter 99-00 short brackets or 96-98 long brackets when you take it down, you have to adjust it back with numorous test fitting.

In fact, I'm not talking about the bumper brackets below the headlights, I am talking about the bumper brackets which is welded on radiator support, these 2 brackets are located on each side besides the grille. When you put 99-00 bumper on 96-98 chasis these brackets will block the 99-00 bumper to go in UNLESS you filed the bumper or you file the brackets properly.

What I can see is, your bumper looks pop out at the area between grille and headlights.
3. Will check wit my mudguard-lao bout the hood...

Thanks a lot, appreciate ur help...
you just have to twist the rubber adjuster on radiator support to lower it down.

Bump:
bumper beam is the great thing to push the car infront....:proud::proud:
exactly, uh...... i have prooved it useful in the hard way before....

It'd be great if you have the bumper insulator as well like I do..... hehehe.

drewn123

Known Member

drewn123

Known Member
Dec 13, 2005
The FINE art of EK99 fitments.... I headache ald, really respect u for being so meticulous bout this area...... respect.......

Btw, wat is bumper insulator??:hmmmm:

Last edited:

arrowhead

arrowhead

Aug 20, 2004
Damansara/PJ
im going thru this shit atm, but its my own fault for using some taiwan parts HAHAHAHA fcuk =\ :mad:

JacEK

500 RPM

JacEK

500 RPM
Nov 7, 2005
hikaru the master of .... err... u name it urself haha.

anyway, i do face the headlamp poped out by 5-6mm as well; which im not happy with. all ori parts except the headlamp. and same problem like drewn123, the fender will misalign with the bumper after a while. headache... fitment problem. i have to adjust it at least once in every 2-3weeks. :nurse:

Hikaru

3,000 RPM

Hikaru

3,000 RPM
Aug 13, 2004
Atlanta, GA
photobucket.com
hikaru the master of .... err... u name it urself haha.

anyway, i do face the headlamp poped out by 5-6mm as well; which im not happy with. all ori parts except the headlamp. and same problem like drewn123, the fender will misalign with the bumper after a while. headache... fitment problem. i have to adjust it at least once in every 2-3weeks. :nurse:
Don't be a dickhead, people.

The headlights do pop out 5mm out of bumper. It's flushed with the hood and pop out 5mm at the bumper.

Just keep the 5mm rules on panel line then you are all set.

Bump:
dont have to remind me =( eveyday i do this :banghead:
you have to make sure your bumper flushed with fender, so do u still need that bracket?

JacEK

500 RPM

JacEK

500 RPM
Nov 7, 2005
shawn, ur fitment is so neat until ants also can go throught the gap in between lol.
from the pic, ur headlamp looks like popping out by 3.5mm only nia.

btw, does the bracket help? i think i need that bracket too as i have the same problem.
nice finger u have there bro...lol

Hikaru

3,000 RPM

Hikaru

3,000 RPM
Aug 13, 2004
Atlanta, GA
photobucket.com
shawn, ur fitment is so neat until ants also can go throught the gap in between lol.
from the pic, ur headlamp looks like popping out by 3.5mm only nia.

btw, does the bracket help? i think i need that bracket too as i have the same problem.
nice finger u have there bro...lol
I just measured it, it's 5mm jack.

Venzonic

Venzonic

Apr 14, 2007
All Sensei, my 96 ej was came with the 99 bumper but the rest are 96 including headlight, fender and hood when i bought it. For the grille, i am not sure whether 96 or 99.
Now I am thinking of change the bumper back to 96, but i just worry whether any mounting different between 99 and 96 which will not allow me to change it back to 96.
Sensei...any different between 99 and 96 mounting point?or both using the same mounting point? pls help me out of this!!!Cheers!

Bump: All Sensei, my 96 ej was came with the 99 bumper but the rest are 96 including headlight, fender and hood when i bought it. For the grille, i am not sure whether 96 or 99.
Now I am thinking of change the bumper back to 96, but i just worry whether any mounting different between 99 and 96 which will not allow me to change it back to 96.
Sensei...any different between 99 and 96 mounting point?or both using the same mounting point? pls help me out of this!!!Cheers!

Bump: Killa626, sorry for hijack ur thread...hope u don't mind me to tumpang..hehe

Bump: Killa626, sorry for hijack ur thread...hope u don't mind me to tumpang..hehe

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

HI,in here many kes car stole or lost.Many also victim,but if u just lost a car or lost anything use money to buy nevermay la,,,,,,,,,because insurans will pay u litter money if u lost a car.We also can take idea or business to earn money back for buy something what we lost already.But just 3 day past, 1 stundent RAHMAN lost he life,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,are u know,,,,,,,please see our newpapers.Our life is lost,can"t use money to buy it back,just can give victim{ipoh boy} family and...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience