The mighty 2jz or The legendary RB26

khoyos

2,000 RPM
Nov 23, 2003
Shah Alam
the engine is affordable. market price for non-vvti engine kosong is around 2.5k n engine lantai around 3k complete with wiring, ecu, twin turbos etc.

but the gearbox is farking expensive n too hard to find. if i come across any for sale cheaps, for sure i'll buy n keep as spare...

khoyos

2,000 RPM
Nov 23, 2003
Shah Alam
bro where to source 2jz auto 1/2 cut......aristo /supra bod?
there's 1 in evolution autoparts, along the road from bukit jelutong/kg subang heading towards sg buloh. the chop shop owner also driving vvti aristo hehe...

renxun

1,000 RPM
Jul 4, 2006
cmng: his car power gila.. so always fuckup gearboxes...

Bump:

if u can blow it la
haha.... performance parts are pluged in as early as around 50k mieledge. now its already 125k km... overheated 2 times (temperature raises till 3 quarter on gauge) when water hose burst and the metal gasket still intact... how eh...? 2.2bar using to4z :rofl::rofl:on stock internal also cant even burn conrod bearing when force it to 8k rpm most of the time.

haiyo... hard la... no sign of car "eating" engine oil untill today ... i tink i need to put some sand in my engine oil to blew it la..:rofl:

oh please dont buy the JZ.....they will bored you cuz not much performance part you can buy to boost your confidents. they are too cheap that its too good to be true. cheap thing no good. good thing no cheap. it will bored you cuz you got no reason to open up the engine and see wat is inside. :sleep::sleep::sleep::sleep:

wira4life

Known Member
Feb 16, 2009
I personally love 2JZ combined with 1JZ. damn power. can play with lamborghini, ferari all.

but personally i love skyline with RB26DETT ( sound like a beast, big like a lorry, stable like a aircraft )

If can , i would buy skyline gts n put 2JZ. :driver: heheheheheheheheheh............

gobiz

500 RPM
May 16, 2004
KL
Visit site
2JZ vs RB26 is the age old battle.... like battle between good and evil (which one good which one evil is up to you :rofl::rofl::rofl:)

But there is one interesting development that will help 2JZ that has come from Texas of all places....it's called compound turbocharging.

joethurr

500 RPM
Sep 11, 2007
I personally love 2JZ combined with 1JZ. damn power. can play with lamborghini, ferari all.

but personally i love skyline with RB26DETT ( sound like a beast, big like a lorry, stable like a aircraft )

If can , i would buy skyline gts n put 2JZ. :driver: heheheheheheheheheh............
dude, u personally love both?

May 17, 2009
Hi, my first post here just to share my experience as I've dabbled in both for the past 10 years as an owner but not so much as a tuner. I've owned two R32 and two R33 (one with GT2530s got totalled while playing with a 996 turbo unfortunately) and have owned both the pre-vvti and vvti 6 speed VVti. I still keep a lightly mod R33, a VVTi 6 speed and an Aristo VVti.

Just on the engine, with basic mods, the 2JZ especially in VVTi form wins hands down. Torque is available in gobs from 2000 rpm onwards. A well tuned RB with R34 BB turbos develop power from around 3,500rpm and I stress well tuned as none of the second hand RBs I purchased come "well tuned". Invariably it costed me quite a bit just to find out whether its the AFM, the FPR, the fuel pump, the electronics, the air leaks, the BOVs that's costing me power. The supras run an equally complicated (if not more complicate) sequential turbo system but surprisingly, they are never hard to trouble shoot. The RB is just a delicate creature that needs everything exactly matched in order to perform. The 2JZ on the other hand just pulls and pulls so long as you give it fuel and spark. Even the VVTi running AFMs never give me any sorrow though these are so much more difficult to tune due to the VVTi system. The old non-VVTi that runs MAP is just a tuner's wet dream.

Then there's the matter of cost of mods and second hand parts. The 2JZ VVTi shares the same engine with the Aristo 161 and the 2JZ without VVTi shares the same engine with the old Aristo 141. If God forbid you somehow manage to blow a 2JZ block, a replacement engine from an auto Aristo can be as cheap as a late model MX5 engine (in HOng KOng anyway)! The RB? Forget it, full rebuilt, no less. Mega bucks.

But here comes the interesting part, I love my R33 more than my Supra! It boils down to connection with the car. My biggest gripe about the supra is the steering. It's almost like driving the Aristo, the front end floats and I never feel connected to the road. It's a competent chassis and it can get thrown around just as fast as a GTR but there's simply no connection. The Supra (FMIC, 1.2 bar) accelerates so smoothly you get to 260kph in a blink with no drama. The R (R34 BB turbos, Tomei Poncam A, Tomei System 3 ECU, Nismo 555, N1 pumps, equal length downpipe) makes you feel every hp that comes out from the engine. Its not faster than the supra, no siree, but its certainly dramatic, the way it howls and barks and pulls when both turbo decides to spin. Every drive in the R is an event on its own whereas the supra can at times, feel "too competent" and bland if there's such a thing. Only thing I hate about the GTR's handling is the way torque suddenly comes to the front wheels especially with the larger turbos. Not sure if it's just bad setup on my car but it's given me a couple of big scares when the 2530s come on mid corner and it suddenly starts to "torque steer". Anyway, sorry for rambling but I'm a big fan for both engines!:proud:

reintel

500 RPM
Jul 27, 2004
2JZ vs RB26DETT - 2JZ wins in term of reliability and over engineered
BCNR32/33/34 vs Supra - GTR AWD wins

My observation and opinion.

BLaCkHoWLiNG

'(^^)|Most Awesome Member
Nov 14, 2003
PJ
www.autojunctions.com
2JZ vs RB26DETT - 2JZ wins in term of reliability and over engineered
BCNR32/33/34 vs Supra - GTR AWD wins

My observation and opinion.
Bring your 32,33 or 34 out to meet me...but if u're talking anything less than 1km.. then u go meet my friend leonard.. bwahahahaha

Bump:
But here comes the interesting part, I love my R33 more than my Supra! It boils down to connection with the car. My biggest gripe about the supra is the steering. It's almost like driving the Aristo, the front end floats and I never feel connected to the road. It's a competent chassis and it can get thrown around just as fast as a GTR but there's simply no connection.
i totally agree on this point... but to improve it, u need at least the front tyre size of 255/35/18 or 255/40 and above... else u'll feel the float..

Last edited:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi what could possibly cause the vibration to Perdana V6 during acceleration and braking? The vibration is felt during mild acceleration as well as light braking only. No vibration is felt during hard driving and braking.
I have replaced the front brake set, both lower arms, as well as both driveshafts. It still happens. What else?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience