Advice needed on Lancer GT

smallmaster

Known Member
Apr 1, 2009
Johor
Hi sifu's. Im new in ZTH. i need an advice from all sifu's that im deciding to buy a Lancer GT ( later convert to an evo ). The problem is im not from a whealthy family that can afford an evoX and im still 18 years old decide to buy a lancer GT. Is that a good idea buying a lancer GT and used for 4 or 5 years and later on convert it to an evo. i have seen many lancer owner done that. is that possible? it's not a problem for me to convert to evo after i go to work coz now im still a student in a college.

Lancer GT used for 4 or 5 years in stock condition ( later convert to evo X engine with all necessary parts )

Is that ok ??? anybody using evo or anything pls advice me. I can only afford new lancer GT :bawling::bawling::bawling: so later after i work i can convert everything to evo X even later evo X engine can be seen at Half cut shop !!

PabloIceman

3,000 RPM
Apr 22, 2006
Wow, nowadays 18 years old can afford a new Lancer GT ... last time still thinking of Motorbike etc ... lolx ...

Anyway, good for u ... if u can afford a new Lancer GT then u should go ahead with it. Use it 1st for your transport for studies etc. ... making sure that u check the maintenance cost, insurance etc. that u are able to cover.

That being said, i don't think JPJ will approve a engine conversion. Not sure though but doubtful.

But i'm no sifu here ... must ask Irene ... she's the babe with the red hot Lancer GT .... (last i heard she 'smoked' some Evos going up Genting!!) :adore::adore::rofl:

ealt

2,000 RPM
Dec 16, 2003
yes, it's true.One of them is me...damn so fast she drive, but again, me only stock standard lancer lol....:rolleyes:

seperlinky

Known Member
Nov 17, 2003
wah, nowadays kids think very far. Think wisely before buying.

last time I just ride a bike when I am 18 and don't even dare thinking owning 100K car

If you are getting a loan, then you need to calc the amount that you required to pay every month. plus you need to save up, since you want to convert your Lancer GT to an Evo later part. When that times come, the half cut wont be cheap.

Well, if you are 'subsidized' by your parents, then you no need to think the repayment back to the bank. Just save up and buy the half cut when times comes. This also have to make sure you don't over spend your $ and left some for savings =)

Last edited:

PabloIceman

3,000 RPM
Apr 22, 2006
Ealt, u too modest laa .. u drove slow becos u have a young kid & wife with u ...

mizunori77

1,000 RPM
Dec 13, 2006
hi smallmaster,

technically, the conversion can be done. legally, it will be very difficult because its a 4WD system unless you lock the 4WD system and keep it to FWD. displacement should be ok as its from 2 liter to 2 liter. engine swap should be ok as well as its from mitsubishi to mitsubishi (u can still sell your car). however, you are still young and i'm guessing that you have not really owned your own car before.

buying a car is easy, maintaining it by YOURSELF is VERY difficult. i would suggest that you study hard in college, get good results so you can get a good job in a good company and then only start thinking about future mods. who knows, you can keep your lancer as a daily driven and have enough money to buy an evo as a weekend car? we were young before so we understand your enthusiasm but we would like you to concentrate on your present first before looking so far ahead. evo is not going anywhere but you have a journey that needs your full concentration and commitment now for a better future. study hard first. :)

p/s - so what i heard during the TT was true... irene's not only a hot chick but she's a hot driver too...:adore::adore::adore:

PabloIceman

3,000 RPM
Apr 22, 2006
Mizu, yes u heard rite ... She's also been appointed as the Ambassador to get more lady drivers into MLOC ..... :driver::adore: yes, that's the truth, the whole truth & nothing but the truth!!

Last edited:

smallmaster

Known Member
Apr 1, 2009
Johor
Currently im running with Proton Wira 1.5 ( got modified a bit with mivec 1.6 engine, see the photo below of my current wira ). so parents decide to change wira ( old redy and got many prob arise ) and buy me new Lancer GT so i can use it as family car also n later transform to evo X. possible ar. some website forum that i read said lancer GT chassis same with evo X. i dono whether it's true. my college frend all riding with silvia, subaru, Airtrek n etc. :bawling::bawling::bawling::

Legal or illegal all i never bother. JPJ dono whether it's evo or lancer after transform. is that possible to transform. pls don see my age. im eager in modifying since im 13 years old. :driver::driver:

i got see one white wira with evo7 engine with 400bhp 4WD at Johor circuit ( i almost suicide, dono how much he spent to wira ).

My parent never allow me riding a bike. safety issue !!!! Help me evo owners, is that ok with this idea. after work i can transform it to evo X. ok ar? chassis can take the power ar?? maybe end of this year my parent could buy me Lancer GT. Im wondering Lancer GT can transform to EVO X. give your opinion sifu???

Attachments

Last edited:

PabloIceman

3,000 RPM
Apr 22, 2006
That wira of yours look modded to look like "Too Fai & Fuu-yoh" ....

U JB kaki ah? Then i suggest u PM/call Sifus like "Mr. TME" (Nickname Ley) or "Mr. Varis/JB Lead" Alfred (nicname Lanevo6) ... can join in the TT session (normally at Danga Bay) ....

smallmaster

Known Member
Apr 1, 2009
Johor
Yah im from JB and dats my wira. Ok later i will join after owning a Lancer GT. possible ar transform to evo X. sifu help me yah??????????????:banghead::driver:

johnnygsr

Known Member
Dec 24, 2005
Hi.. FYI.. Lancer Chasis & Evo Chasis is never the same. Even the Chasis Made Material & Rear fender shape is different.
Engine transplat you can do it & approve by JPJ but the price will be very expensive because its still new. 2FD & 4WD will never approve by JPJ.

ealt

2,000 RPM
Dec 16, 2003
That wira of yours look modded to look like "Too Fai & Fuu-yoh" ....

U JB kaki ah? Then i suggest u PM/call Sifus like "Mr. TME" (Nickname Ley) or "Mr. Varis/JB Lead" Alfred (nicname Lanevo6) ... can join in the TT session (normally at Danga Bay) ....
You missed 'HIM', Mr. Time Attack (Nickname PabloIceman)..haha:listen:

Bump:
Ealt, u too modest laa .. u drove slow becos u have a young kid & wife with u ...
:biggrin::biggrin::driver:

mizunori77

1,000 RPM
Dec 13, 2006
ayo... i'm not asking u NOT to change car. i'm just asking u to re-look at ur short-term priorities, that is to study first. btw, maybe u dun care whether its legal or not but if it is illegal and ur car kena sita by jpj then how? ur parents who bought u ur lancer will lose A LOT of money and u after modding so much will also lose A LOT of money lar... so now do u care? :hmmmm::hmmmm::hmmmm:

pablo, i like the sound of that... :evil::evil::evil:

wira4life

Known Member
Feb 16, 2009
he asking whether the lancer GT can put evo X engine or not. who know maybe he got kabel besar that cannot be sita. got so many JB kaki modify have kabel besar. i got see perdana with RB engine that lepas big JPJ road block. nowdays power n money important. u can put evo9 engine lar bro.( alredy enough wat ). chassis sure can tahan lar bro. it's mitsubishi lar bro. waja can put evo7 and can chase lamborghini. sure Lancer GT not a problem. i said ok, boleh jalan. later after study hard n got work u can buy lamborghini or any super car. :smokin::driver::smokin::driver:

kampoon

1,000 RPM
Mar 4, 2006
Yah im from JB and dats my wira. Ok later i will join after owning a Lancer GT. possible ar transform to evo X. sifu help me yah??????????????:banghead::driver:
It is always possible depends how you wan to do it and what is ur expectation....but u must have plan and stages for your projects.

1.Body part
2.Engine
3.Sport weldings
4.Suspensions
5.Sports seat (like Recaro)
6.Strut bar, room bar, under bar ...and bra bra
7.Brakes
8. Skills
and many more .........

My 2 Cents......

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi every sifus,

Noobie here owning 2006 Civic FD1 1.8 and done swapped Civic FD2 2.0 Auto Halfcut but realize right top mounting are not compatible. Pomen was purchased cap ayam Hasport mounting from (Jxxxcixx, i know this shop quite famous on something but I dont want talk much la, u know i know then enuff) but when engine idle steering will vibrate.

Any idea for the issues or any sifus do swapping FD1 before can share your experience here too?

Thanks
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience