Need Help: Encounter With THE LAW..

skidall

Known Member
May 9, 2005
Ampang and UK
Guys,

Need some good advice from u guys. i'm sure one way or another all of us had our encounter with the LAW, and i think the most troublesome would be when u got JPJ on ur back!

My story is, a few weeks back on my way back from work i was stop during a JPJ operasi at Awan Besar. All the 'paku-paku' turun, and every officer was a little trigger happy to stop every car that looks a little bit different.
Short story, i was issued a letter to go for JPJ inspection(dateline this thursday). Its written on the paper, to check for my ekzos system and tinted. Both issues i have settled(koyak tinted and tukar muffler blakang).
But, i heard stories that when u have ur car in their compound, they will do all types of checks and u will surely get caught for small-small things! Now, im afraid not because i have somethin big like enjin tak register like that, but things like sunroof, yellow spot lights, etc etc...

anyone has gone through the experience and survive to tell the story?:mad:

EvolutionZ

5,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Aug 3, 2007
if the notice for inspection written for exhaust & tinting check....then it should be fine coz they will check both only. as long as your car not a "kereta sambung" and have a valid road tax and insurance, it should be ok....don worry.

skidall

Known Member
May 9, 2005
Ampang and UK
i feel a bit ok oredi if u say its like that. i remembered when i went for inspection for PUSPAKOM, it was really troublesome.
Hopefully they'll just check those two items and let me go...:driver:

pencalat

500 RPM
Nov 20, 2006
JB
ala bro...
dun be scared bro... only that two issue only...
if they r up to anything that mean they want to make some hehehehe......

skidall

Known Member
May 9, 2005
Ampang and UK
make some....thats what im afraid of maa.....coz i dun have enuff to give some...hihi

pencalat

500 RPM
Nov 20, 2006
JB
hehe... just give them some word la...
ala dun worry la... konpem lepas meh...

JacEK

500 RPM
Nov 7, 2005
i would say it is really depends on your luck.
pray 10 times before you go for inspection.

back to couple of years back, i was blocked by jpj at the same place too. illegal exhaust modifications.

Went for inspection without any other checking, and proceed to pay summon. but 1 wira owner (right after my car inspection), he was there for window tint inspection, but he was told to open his engine hood, rear boot, all doors and basically his whole car was fully checked!

keep smiling to the officer might help i guess...

skidall

Known Member
May 9, 2005
Ampang and UK
i would say it is really depends on your luck.
pray 10 times before you go for inspection.

back to couple of years back, i was blocked by jpj at the same place too. illegal exhaust modifications.

Went for inspection without any other checking, and proceed to pay summon. but 1 wira owner (right after my car inspection), he was there for window tint inspection, but he was told to open his engine hood, rear boot, all doors and basically his whole car was fully checked!

keep smiling to the officer might help i guess...

thanks for the tip bro. Basically, go there and dun act kerek and hopefully it would be smooth.
by the way, how do the actually do the inspection for the exhaust system?

EGfan

Known Member
Dec 18, 2003
In 2004, i received a letter from JPJ. Apparently someone complained on my car registration number on the highway. Letter didn't mention anything except to go over to Segambut or Gombak JPJ for inspection. Managed to get runner to check what they want, and found out someone complained bout my exhaust. Changed my exhaust to S-flow, and went for the inspection. Long procedure at JPJ, but what they only did was, check the road tax, chassis number and rev the car till redline to "hear" if the exhaust is really noisy. No high tech gadget used. Nothing else checked. Managed to get away but wasted half day.

Can't tell whats gonna happen in 2009...Good luck

skidall

Known Member
May 9, 2005
Ampang and UK
wasted half a day. i would gladly open up the gates tomorrow coz i need to be back in the office by lunch time

JacEK

500 RPM
Nov 7, 2005
yup, half a day will be wasted. depending on the queue.

when it comes to your turn, the JPJ officer will ask for the inspection letter issued by JPJ during road blocked. Like my case, the officer just look at my exhaust which I've changed it to stocks "dick size" exhaust. The Officer just look at it for seconds and asked me to proceed to Kaunter Bayaran to settle the summon. Can APPEAL somemore haha....only paid RM50 instead of RM150.

thats it bro. simple. but this kinda stuff not suitable for weak heart or some1 with heart attack background. you might fainted or stroke by heart attack when you are waiting for your turn for the inspection.

btw, just for ur info, right after the inspection, i went straight back to the exhaust shop to reinstall my exhaust haha.

skidall

Known Member
May 9, 2005
Ampang and UK
yup, half a day will be wasted. depending on the queue.

when it comes to your turn, the JPJ officer will ask for the inspection letter issued by JPJ during road blocked. Like my case, the officer just look at my exhaust which I've changed it to stocks "dick size" exhaust. The Officer just look at it for seconds and asked me to proceed to Kaunter Bayaran to settle the summon. Can APPEAL somemore haha....only paid RM50 instead of RM150.

thats it bro. simple. but this kinda stuff not suitable for weak heart or some1 with heart attack background. you might fainted or stroke by heart attack when you are waiting for your turn for the inspection.

btw, just for ur info, right after the inspection, i went straight back to the exhaust shop to reinstall my exhaust haha.

thanks bro... u certainly made my day a little brighter, coz before this i only hear bad experiences only. Combining both, would give me a neutral perception on tomorrow's date with JPJ. I have oredi change my ekzos to dick size(which will be installed back after the visit)..heheh and this evenin will koyak all tinted(but not gonna put it back, coz its a JPJ magnet i think)

skidall

Known Member
May 9, 2005
Ampang and UK
just to update u guys on my visit this morning.

went to JPJ wangsa maju around 7:45, waited awhile and was asked to go to the testing site. i was the 2nd car. the first car was a myvi and he was in for tinted glasses. Open the hood, check for illegal fancy lights etc...in 30 minutes myvi was off.
When my turn came, the first thing was they did was to open the hood. not interested in the tinting and the ekzos at all. asked many questions poked everywhere in the engine compartment. And since there were a few newbies there, there were like 5-6 ppl inspecting my car.
i was dead scared, but put up my most pleasant face...:rofl:

after much delibiration between them, they let me go with a letter stating that i have done what is needed to make my car street legal again..

hihi..no saman needed:thefinger:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi there, just asking anyone change to LED turning signal lights onto their cars? Normally our cars are using normal orange bulbs for the front & rear combination lamps... would love to know if there are LED type of signal lights available in the market. Saw some high end cars using this type of light and it looks pretty cool when it blinks...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience