ZTH Miri Members

K20AEK

Known Member
Sep 27, 2004
Pls tell me your experience using Motul oil
pretty much one of the best engine oil money can buy. It is made from Grade 5 based oil while others have grade 2 or 3 based oil.

for those not understanding these grade ... here is some info ..

" Base stocks are divided into five groups, Bachelder notes. Groups I-III are basic crude oil fractions, with little extra refining done to Group I and some cracking done for Group III. Groups IV and V are called "synthetic" oils because they have been subjected to several synthetic refinery processes. Group IV is made up exclusively of poly(α-olefin)s, while Group V is a catchall group that includes polyol esters and polyalkylene glycols "

that is the reason why some manufacturer can offer the same full syn engine oil but cheap ... because of lower based oil used. = ) ... not like it matter much to many people.

Last edited:

miriguy

500 RPM
Jun 29, 2008
can find any comparison chart among these oils?

K20AEK

Known Member
Sep 27, 2004
i dont have any reference .. i use to have information on how to see which based oil they use for each brand but lost it in a thumb drive = \ ... for now motul and torco is using the best grade for based oil = )

but it doesn't mean everyone should use them. It just means they have higher qualities compare to other, this does not make other engine oil inferior in any way. It all depends on individual evaluation and budget. = ) ... the best of the line doesn't mean its a have to get kinda thing ..

Last edited:

ACQ2305

500 RPM
May 25, 2007
HeadHunters
i c..thanks 4 ya explanation K20.. clearer understanding now.. btw,saw ur car in Curtin yesterday..but did not see u around..
miriguy,might drop by ur workshop this week to see the types of oil u have..time 4 service now.. and maybe gB oil as well..haih..

Bump: i c..thanks 4 ya explanation K20.. clearer understanding now.. btw,saw ur car in Curtin yesterday..but did not see u around..
miriguy,might drop by ur workshop this week to see the types of oil u have..time 4 service now.. and maybe gB oil as well..haih..

miriguy

500 RPM
Jun 29, 2008
you are most welcome.

aLoM

Aug 14, 2007
Sunyi jak airport lutong tody.Met Bro ulat and qmf there..

miriguy

500 RPM
Jun 29, 2008
im not quiet. the rest are.

Alom, apa perkembangan?

aLoM

Aug 14, 2007
no perkembangan..airport just now pun sunyi..my car pun duduk rumah..kinda tired from the curtin open day yesterday.

miriguy

500 RPM
Jun 29, 2008
come to King Auto Services for service/repairs/accessories!!!!

hehe.... advertise sikit

QMF287

Dec 11, 2008
miriguy nie marek padah mok turun,...sejuk vtec ku tunggu...

Bump: miriguy nie marek padah mok turun,...sejuk vtec ku tunggu...

qmk9133

Known Member
Dec 2, 2006
nya jaga business pokk.....kehkehkeh

K20AEK

Known Member
Sep 27, 2004
i c..thanks 4 ya explanation K20.. clearer understanding now.. btw,saw ur car in Curtin yesterday..but did not see u around..
miriguy,might drop by ur workshop this week to see the types of oil u have..time 4 service now.. and maybe gB oil as well..haih...
Yeah was at curtin open day to met up with Pei since i never met her before and also try to spend some free coupon given by friends .. quite a lot to see (girls !!!!) but didn't buy a lot of stuff.

fletcheru

Known Member
Dec 10, 2004
Miri
Visit site
ZTH members,

Shane, President of Honda Owner Club and Nissan Club are organising a convoy to Brunei this Friday.

Do give him a call if you're interested to join the convoy.

Bump: ZTH members,

Shane, President of Honda Owner Club and Nissan Club are organising a convoy to Brunei this Friday.

Do give him a call if you're interested to join the convoy.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Watch this old movie cutscene, where Michael Caine drives an old Alfa Montreal with a nice V8 engine, waltzing by the Porsche 911S Targa, driven by the female actress, Maureen Kerwin, in the old movie, the Marseille Contract. Lovely scenes of cars driving side by side, passing by an old Citroen DS sedan.

YouTube - The Marseille Contract - Alfa Romeo Montreal vs...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience