supercharger on kelisa

cartoon

500 RPM
Sep 7, 2005
KevinGarage.com
www.kevingarage.com
Yup, that is true, supercharger will "eat" part of the engine power.

For OEM supercharger, sure there is no any problem, because they know it gona happen, they just change the setting to overcome this problem.

For bolt on supercharger, this will base on the skill of tuner, when the supercharger are not well tune, you will suffer a short period of power lad in low end rpm.

Same like air-cond compressor, only different is supercharger is generate more power.

Because supercharger is drive by engine, the boost kick in is determine by the engine speed, engine spin faster, more boost will be generate.

Unlike turbo charger, boost kick in is determine by exhaust gas flow pressure, must wait until the exhaust pressure is enough to push the turbine to generate boost pressure.

That is why you can feel the turbo lag clearly.

Last edited:

rebellion

Nov 27, 2006
Yup, that is true, supercharger will "eat" part of the engine power.

For OEM supercharger, sure there is no any problem, because they know it gona happen, they just change the setting to overcome this problem.

For bolt on supercharger, this will base on the skill of tuner, when the supercharger are not well tune, you will suffer a short period of power lad in low end rpm.

Same like air-cond compressor, only different is supercharger is generate more power.

Because supercharger is drive by engine, the boost kick in is determine by the engine speed, engine spin faster, more boost will be generate.

Unlike turbo charger, boost kick in is determine by exhaust gas flow pressure, must wait until the exhaust pressure is enough to push the turbine to generate boost pressure.

That is why you can feel the turbo lag clearly.
so does tis mean dat th supercharger will perform better in terms of long dist races? juz my 2 cents... since there's no 1 hvnt install a supercharger on a kelisa yet, it's hard 2 get a feedback regarding tis matter... huhu...

Bump:
taikor...

i think if u supercharge ur kelisa..then that will be the first...

powerzone got this supercharge for kelisa...the price around RM10k for the parts...plus minus around RM15k put on table to get it tuned up....

with that amt...better get k3vet ....more then the power u need to run kelisa...
walao, i'll be th 1st if i install 1? perghhh, dat sure is expensive... but 4 performance sake, hv 2 sacrifice 'a bit'-lah... lolya i know, most of my peeps persuade me 2 swap my engine to k3vet b'cos of th power+big displacement... but it's too damn expensive here(sarawak)... th price is th same as th supercharger kit, EXCLUDING th installation/handling+overhaul+jpj+puspakom test+bla3... might as well bolt on th supercharger, rather than swapping th engine... for long term, th maintenace is qiute reasonable... juz my opinion-lah...

Bump:
QUOTE]

This look like powerzone extractor nia... Im using this ok la good so far...
how much is th extractor dat u're using rite now bro? wat exhaust r u using?

Bump:
i belive i can fly

taikor....u sue this extractor ah? aiseh..that y i cannot chase u lar
maybe he oredi change his camshaft+lsd+short shift+sum add-ons to his car... hehe... dat's y u cant catch up w/ him...

Bump: btw, i wanna change my underdrive pulleys 2 a lighter 1's... does any1 know where can i find th set?

kelisa6009

Over 10,000 RPM!
Nov 20, 2003
Penang Kia
so does tis mean dat th supercharger will perform better in terms of long dist races? juz my 2 cents... since there's no 1 hvnt install a supercharger on a kelisa yet, it's hard 2 get a feedback regarding tis matter... huhu...

Bump:

walao, i'll be th 1st if i install 1? perghhh, dat sure is expensive... but 4 performance sake, hv 2 sacrifice 'a bit'-lah... lolya i know, most of my peeps persuade me 2 swap my engine to k3vet b'cos of th power+big displacement... but it's too damn expensive here(sarawak)... th price is th same as th supercharger kit, EXCLUDING th installation/handling+overhaul+jpj+puspakom test+bla3... might as well bolt on th supercharger, rather than swapping th engine... for long term, th maintenace is qiute reasonable... juz my opinion-lah...

Bump:
how much is th extractor dat u're using rite now bro? wat exhaust r u using?

Bump:
i belive i can fly

taikor....u sue this extractor ah? aiseh..that y i cannot chase u lar
maybe he oredi change his camshaft+lsd+short shift+sum add-ons to his car... hehe... dat's y u cant catch up w/ him...

Bump: btw, i wanna change my underdrive pulleys 2 a lighter 1's... does any1 know where can i find th set?
haha...taikor...

i can tell u that when u supercharge ur kelisa...u really need to have a very good tuner...if not...u will sure spend more then change engine to k3vet....i can tell u that...supercharger not easy to tune, i think u need to change ECU.....but all this up to you lar....

once u transplant engine..then that it...no problem...just in long term need to check the engine for leak.....other then that...no problem...

by the way...i am using chap ayam exhaust system....

u need to check with luke on the exhaust system he use

luke skywalker

1,500 RPM
Feb 24, 2008
Shah Alam
I only using powerzone extractor... the rest is stock... price cant remember... if you want your car fast learn from Kelisa6009 his kelisa like bullet like that...

My whole car stock nia very very slow....:biggrin:

kelisa6009

Over 10,000 RPM!
Nov 20, 2003
Penang Kia
I only using powerzone extractor... the rest is stock... price cant remember... if you want your car fast learn from Kelisa6009 his kelisa like bullet like that...

my car is not fast like bullet lar....just normal speed that P2 design our car....

rebellion

Nov 27, 2006
my car is not fast like bullet lar....just normal speed that P2 design our car....
it's 'normal' speed lah bro... u 4got to put th inverted commas... hahaha... btw, i've found a dyno here in miri... hope th tuners r reliable or else they'll blow up my engine...hahaha... :rofl:

zamans98

Known Member
Mar 7, 2004
it's 'normal' speed lah bro... u 4got to put th inverted commas... hahaha... btw, i've found a dyno here in miri... hope th tuners r reliable or else they'll blow up my engine...hahaha... :rofl:
Wow, finally? Where is the shop located?
Details please

rebellion

Nov 27, 2006
Wow, finally? Where is the shop located?
Details please

it's located at piasau utara... th w/shop is RISING AUTO... th tuner is wong... feel free to visit there bro... hehe... b4 i 4get, it's dyno on wheels ya...

Bump:

BS-lah luke! hahaha... i can bet ur car is x fully-stock... hahaha...

v1ctorong

Known Member
Nov 25, 2005
I saw super charger kit for kelisa in powerzone, U1 grenmarie, shah alam.

It cost around 7k+ without piggy back if not mistaken.

anyone try the powerzone supercharger?

papagoines

Orang Tua
Feb 6, 2006
Rawang/Selangor
dont waste money better put k3ve or k3vet
no replacement for displacement.... and add to that K3VE gave a nice FC on 9++kg Myvi... i'm sure it gave more on a 800kg kelisa...

and if you choose K3VET and leave it stock... no issue wif turbo lag since 1.3liter pre-boost torque + lightweight kelisa chassis gave less resistance...

supercharger is a nice concept but relatively unknown here in malaysia.... at least turbo parts and shops are easy to come by

kelisa6009

Over 10,000 RPM!
Nov 20, 2003
Penang Kia
not easy to play turbo....

got few fren play with turbo...end up...cost them a bomb....the result...the engine last less then a month...

so better change engine....save u a lot of time to visit workshop and also $$$$

papagoines

Orang Tua
Feb 6, 2006
Rawang/Selangor
not easy to play turbo....

got few fren play with turbo...end up...cost them a bomb....the result...the engine last less then a month...

so better change engine....save u a lot of time to visit workshop and also $$$$
agreed.... go for k3ve....

if gila kuasa, go for k3vet... stock oso very the fast one :driver:

kelisa6009

Over 10,000 RPM!
Nov 20, 2003
Penang Kia
for me..i feel k3vet to powerfull for our small car already...no point to get that engine..

k3ve or k3ve2 already enough for our small car

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Guys, I'm still new to turbo things, so would like to seek some informative help here.

I'm driving a Frontier now and I'm not sure how much is the stock boost. But it can be obtain by installing a boost meter. That's not a problem.

I would like to know if i boost up by 0.3 bar. Do I need to do other enhancements to the engine ? Diesel engines are known to be tough and strong but dont want to risk blowing up the engine. Do i need to enhanced the fueling ? or cooling ? Will boost up gave...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience