Which GPS navigation is most suitable

traize

500 RPM
Jul 9, 2006
thanks bro will look into it when buying,

anyway is it better to get a seperate unit or 1 tht comes with headunit (radio)?

khairiaz

Known Member
Jan 21, 2006
I am using Garmin Quest. This model is really comprehensive at very much affordable price. Can track & record onroad and OFFROAD as well. Has lots of built in memory. So far, I have recorded more than 10 tracks and only consuming 20% memory capacity.

However, this model is no longer in production.

If you want to buy a Garmin, I suggest buy a Nuvi 710. These units can record onroad and offroad tracks as well. The cons, they can record 10 routes only but if you start to record track 11, it will automatically delete the 1st track. If you want to buy better units, I suggest a Nuvi 760 or Street Pilot 2620. These have bigger capabilities, onroad and offroad tracks.

I do not suggest a Nuvi 200 series as these units can only record onroad tracks and have limited record capacity.

MancCell

Known Member
Jul 18, 2005
Shah Alam
Any experiences with the built in double-din type of Head Unit?

stevenV6

1,000 RPM
Jun 15, 2006
really how to tell fake or ori?
ori 1 comes with sirim sticker on the unit behind and with diff. software..............
only buy with authorized garmin dealer or distributor...........they'll show how to identify......

there's a kiosk in mid valley that sells original garmin GPS navigator.......and the guy there is quite good service as well.......

mention my name and they'll gv u a really good discounts.......:biggrin::biggrin:

Feb 21, 2009
I use a Garmin Nuvi, a widescreen version. Problem with a GPS unit in a cellphone is that the screen is just too small. Even the regular Garmin Nuvi's screen is small. Advised to get a widescreen version, it really saves you alot of headache trying to see the roads while driving. Another added plus compared to cellphone is that Garmin units gives you directions vocally. Cellphones don't do that, for obvious (battery span) reasons.

Mar 1, 2009
I think there is no problem with GPS Phone, Like N95, you can always opt out to view navigation map on your car lcd screen, it much more cheaper than getting new unit if you already have one. And they do give direction vocally (experienced using in on N80 and Asus P525.).

Bump: I think there is no problem with GPS Phone, Like N95, you can always opt out to view navigation map on your car lcd screen, it much more cheaper than getting new unit if you already have one. And they do give direction vocally (experienced using in on N80 and Asus P525.).

keithmin

Known Member
Apr 3, 2007
nobody using the Garmin GPSMap 60CSx ? i found it nice to use...

Bump: nobody using the Garmin GPSMap 60CSx ? i found it nice to use...

Jul 16, 2008
some time must using a true navigator.coz wen u use hp,it can damage u'r hp.
that 4 traveler...:driver:

steviezach

Known Member
Feb 1, 2005
been using a pda with gps for almost 2 years ... its actually quite okie .. pros and cons sure got lah ...some ppl is complaining bout pda phone with gps but i believe nothin is perfect ...stand alone GPS device also not 100% perfect ...why ppl willing to spend 2k for 8.0mp camera phone when they can get sony camera with 12m.p with just rm1200.. its all up to you

pro : its with you all the time when u r out , even when u r in ur father mother sister brother relative or fren's car , dun tell me u dun bring phones when u go out .. other than that , it saves ur wallet .u dont haf to take out extra money for standalone GPS . good enough for not-very-hardcore traveller.
cons : interrupt when u haf phone call .. battery drain abit faster ( but who cares ? ppl doesnt create car charger for no reason rite , dun tell me u use a laptop but dun on the wifi bcos it drains the battery more) :banghead:, screen size is smaller ( most of the models , but of cos there is big one also ) , it takes longer times to connect ( its only 1-3 mins longer , not a few hours .i can cope with that )

conclusion is , if you r hardcore user who travels 7 days per week and money is not an issue , go for the standalone GPS . if i have extra money i will consider buying one with 4.3 widescreen also .. if i haf money i will have few separate cars also . 1 for working(4door-sedan) . 1 for weekend (2doors sport car) . 1 for family (mpv). if no money just drive 1 car ( ALL-VACATION-CAR).

Bump: if standalone GPS is ur decision . i suggest u take GARMIN compare to other brands just bcos u can simply get answers from other ppl if u haf any problems of questions , most of ppl out there using garmin. maps can easily get thanks to the trackers and some shops provide lifetime free map updates for free also . some ppl mentioned buying one with AP or ORI warranty , well its up to u ..bcos i think the quality is there , hardware failure % is very low . i haf many frens are using . but beware, just dont get cheated by buying the FAKE grade AAA so called GARMIN from china wan like what others said .

Last edited:

Invinsible

Nov 8, 2005
I'm using Garmin...It's quite good coz it can bring me 2 any place i wanted 2 go no matter in town or kampung...Sometimes it show me the shortcut 2...:driver:

badturz

500 RPM
Feb 19, 2008
I bought Nokia 5800 recently... got Garmin Xt mobile installed.
Its sufficient for my use :biggrin:
Hey bro Alphard. How do u install into ur phone?
I am using it also but don know how to install.
Where can i get the software?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi guys ... notice on dunno which forum that links to tornado websites ... looking cool .... mind asking where to get (i thknk saw once yrs ago in N! racing .. but totally can't remember details lar .... :P ) and wats the price ar ? somemore somemore i notice it looks similiar to my pc fan too ... u guys think can diy n get moreless the same effect !? thank you thank you
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience