how far 1.6 can rev?

qimme

Known Member
Jun 27, 2007
p/s : emmm..auto gbox for 1.6 is controlled by ecu (it have transmission control unit) right? from what i understand 1.5 auto cannot fit 1.6 auto gbox due to this reason..meaning it is not as simple as changing a 1.5 auto gbox to manual which is just like plug and play because it's mechanically control..try asked the mech back if the transmission control unit has been disable, or can be disable or need to change the ecu to manual ecu..

im changing my 1.6 auto to 1.5 manual la... if not mistaken my pickup are same like evo3.. in first n second gear.. but my rpm short... evo3 got long rpm... so if he in first gear, my car need to change second gear... if he in second gear, my car all ready 3gear... then bye2 my car... only can follow 2 gear only... that is how to discrible my pickup..

afmarsyal

Known Member
Nov 20, 2008
im changing my 1.6 auto to 1.5 manual la... if not mistaken my pickup are same like evo3.. in first n second gear.. but my rpm short... evo3 got long rpm... so if he in first gear, my car need to change second gear... if he in second gear, my car all ready 3gear... then bye2 my car... only can follow 2 gear only... that is how to discrible my pickup..
i concluded this case as engine rasa kuat tapi pegi tak cepat2..

what i'm trying to say is, have you check your ecu or trasmission control unit compatibility with the gbox..but nevermind la..i got one friend change 4g92p auto gbox to manual 1.8..happy ever after..no need to change ecu or disable transmission control unit..but if change better, engine much smoother because there is manual ecu and auto ecu..confirm got different..

why u change to 1.5 manual gbox..? do you know that from the user manual, the manual gear drive for 1.3, 1.5, and 1.8 is the same, including the reverse drive? except for 1.6 the final drive is the same for 2.0 diesel that is 0.756 compare to the rest, 0.777? but except that all the same..first gear = 3.363, second = 1.947, third = 1.285, fourth = 0.939..the difference is at the flywheel..

and oh, do you know the 1.3 and 1.5 standard flywheel is lighter than the 1.6 and 1.8 standard flywheel? 1.3/1.5 flywheel is even smaller than 1.6/1.8 flywheel..see the clutch plate..the rest is for you to judge..for me right now your car is like using lightened flywheel eventhough your using standard 1.5 flywheel..why? the power u need to spin the flywheel is abundance but the inertia of the flywheel not enough to take you flying..same like 1.5 potong ringan flywheel end up no top speed..try unskimmed supertouring flywheel first, not more than rm400 solution, that is if it solve your problem la..and you will loose all that evo3 power, but gain top speed

guess that also answer sifu sky and tofu question too..happy motoring

Last edited:

qimme

Known Member
Jun 27, 2007
and oh, do you know the 1.3 and 1.5 standard flywheel is lighter than the 1.6 and 1.8 standard flywheel? 1.3/1.5 flywheel is even smaller than 1.6/1.8 flywheel..see the clutch plate..the rest is for you to judge..for me right now your car is like using lightened flywheel eventhough your using standard 1.5 flywheel..why? the power u need to spin the flywheel is abundance but the inertia of the flywheel not enough to take you flying..same like 1.5 potong ringan flywheel end up no top speed..try unskimmed supertouring flywheel first, not more than rm400 solution, that is if it solve your problem la..and you will loose all that evo3 power, but gain top speed

ayioooo... sorry afmarsyal.. forget to tell u laa... 1.5 manual, with 1.6 flywheel n 1.6 clucth plate... heehehee.. so sorry... i change coz gearbox computer prob... so "mahal nk tukar" then make my mind to play manual... "Baru Laki"hehehe

so like u told me earlier, supertouring flywheel... "rm400 siap pasang ke"?? by the way i kinda love the pickup... can 4 n 5 gear change hah?? hehehe.. :biggrin:

Bump:
wira with twin weber dcoe and 292 cams...:adore:
wahhhhhhhh!!!!!! so power full ... what horsepower gain from it??? tell me, tell me skywalker:adore:

Last edited:

afmarsyal

Known Member
Nov 20, 2008
emmm..your 4g92p with 1.5 manual gbox is common setup for people to play drag..

but if you have already put in 1.6 flywheel and clutch no need to put supertouring..yes rm400 complete install, but no need la..already 1.6 flywheel and clutch..should be ok..even the gear drive is as i explain, so now your gbox is quite similar setup with 1.8gbox..

i don't know where gone wrong, but for your info, auto ecu tends to 'melahu' or overrev abit compare to manual ecu..this my friend explain..and auto ecu and manual ecu is different..maybe auto ecu couple with problematic gearbox computer cause your problem..

however, try to look around..there a few threads about this, some post different problem, but can study about gbox working principle and parts..

maybe unicornspeed is right, 1.5 gbox just not made for 1.6..however my advise, solve this problem first, get a usual rpm to speed condition rather to get 200km/h at 7500rpm..4g92p got rev limiter of 6500 - 6700rpm and it exist for reason..

gud luck and happy motoring..

p/s: owh, i just knew that there is synchromesh thingy in manual gbox..i don't know if it is the same with 1.3/1.5 gbox and 1.6/1.8 gbox..could be another contributing factor..

Last edited:

tofu_manic

1,000 RPM
Jan 11, 2007

not really....i mean....imagine if u r an engine...and ur max ability to spin something is just say 8000 rpm...i think it would be easier (using lesser energy) to spin something really light to reach that rpm, as compared to something heavy

interesting article i found: http://www.pumaracing.co.uk/FLYWHEEL.htm

afmarsyal

Known Member
Nov 20, 2008
not really....i mean....imagine if u r an engine...and ur max ability to spin something is just say 8000 rpm...i think it would be easier (using lesser energy) to spin something really light to reach that rpm, as compared to something heavy

interesting article i found: http://www.pumaracing.co.uk/FLYWHEEL.htm
aiyah, very long article that one..nearly muntah oredi..so many equations with many unknown..hehehehe..some more in english..(aiyah SPM not very good english, plus want to read more math ka? :) ..)

however, many cases reported with lightened flywheel, less top speed, but faster acceleration..

so tofu sifu, your flywheel lightened or not? my supertouring finally got lightened.. :p boring la waiting from 140 - 170km/h, that's why i skim..now much easier..but top speed same..

owh, standard skim supertouring flywheel still heavier than 1.5 standard flywheel

tofu_manic

1,000 RPM
Jan 11, 2007
however, many cases reported with lightened flywheel, less top speed, but faster acceleration..

so tofu sifu, your flywheel lightened or not? my supertouring finally got lightened.. :p boring la waiting from 140 - 170km/h, that's why i skim..now much easier..but top speed same..

owh, standard skim supertouring flywheel still heavier than 1.5 standard flywheel
mine is lightened/balanced as well....going uphill/topspeed no noticeable difference

as for those who lost their top speed, mebbe their flywheels were not balanced properly? hence loss of upper revs? haha i donno

so when u lightened ur supertouring flywheel, top speed maintained the same, so that already shows that not necessarily the heavier, the higher the top speed

yeap, oh well....i donno also...not a math person as well hehe

afmarsyal

Known Member
Nov 20, 2008
hahahahah..same here.. :P

tofu sifu, can explain more on synchromesh ka? i want to know to what extend is 1.3,1.5,1.6,1.8 is different..i know that it is the thing that catch the gear inside gearbox..but got any difference ka? bigger or smaller..?

i believe the difference of gear drive and flywheel we all ready know.. :)

Last edited:

tofu_manic

1,000 RPM
Jan 11, 2007
no freaking idea dude, i have not yet had the chance to dissect the stuffs hehe

never bothered searching also since it never bothers me haha

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

ok...... i darn blur about usage of relay...... :banghead:

no one really hav the free time to explain it......

:pcguru: so thnx to google arrr........ :adore:

some how i found and interesting site with details info on relay :listen:

here's it.......

www.saft7.com

info in Indonesian language.....! very informative........ :top:

detail layout & explanation on how to use also ar....... :proud...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience