weird problem

ghibril

Known Member
Jun 30, 2008
hi ya guys. im having a problem with my engine. wonder if any of you guys out here can help giving some insights on the problem.

okay, my engine is a b16a engine including all of the thingy inside it except for the piston, which is from b16b. every time when i go back to my hometown, after driving on 110kmj for like 2 hrs, the engine won't start. it wont even crank. so usually i turn the ignition key on and let it for like 30mins,only after that (*if lucky*) can start, thinking that maybe the problem in with the cooling part. so send the car to a workshop, but that fella told me my block has a small crack. then i went to another shop and the mechanic told me that maybe something is wrong with my starter. he even checked the block to see whether the so call crack exists or not.

final outcome= no crack, pressure ok & circuit in distributor changed.

it was okay for a few weeks, but recently the engine's acting up again. haiya. what could be the problem:hmmmm::confused::confused:? any ideas guys?:confused:

mindef

500 RPM
Jan 21, 2005
hi ya guys. im having a problem with my engine. wonder if any of you guys out here can help giving some insights on the problem.

okay, my engine is a b16a engine including all of the thingy inside it except for the piston, which is from b16b. every time when i go back to my hometown, after driving on 110kmj for like 2 hrs, the engine won't start. it wont even crank. so usually i turn the ignition key on and let it for like 30mins,only after that (*if lucky*) can start, thinking that maybe the problem in with the cooling part. so send the car to a workshop, but that fella told me my block has a small crack. then i went to another shop and the mechanic told me that maybe something is wrong with my starter. he even checked the block to see whether the so call crack exists or not.

final outcome= no crack, pressure ok & circuit in distributor changed.

it was okay for a few weeks, but recently the engine's acting up again. haiya. what could be the problem:hmmmm::confused::confused:? any ideas guys?:confused:
check ur main relay :idea:

jeffayn

500 RPM
Mar 27, 2004
Klang
it can sounds like overheated piston or not well lubricate piston that swell after long hour of driving, block cracking will not prevent you from starting...

a twisted crank or swollen one might do that..

ghibril

Known Member
Jun 30, 2008
main relay and crank's condition?
noted.

planning to do an upgrade of block if possible in may. for the time being, looks like i just have to endure it.
haha. pity me. have to get money first. any unker wong out there willing to susidise?:rofl::rofl:

thanks guys!:wavey::wavey:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Wishing all our Tufoil supporters and fans a Happy and Prosperous New Year. For those who are travelling, we would like to wish them a silky smooth and enjoyable journey, high revs O.K. but traffic rules rule and it's important to make peace on the road. Happy Motoring.

Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience