TEIN Flex

rapinsoul

Known Member
Sep 19, 2005
Petaling Jaya
Good day all,

i visit N1 Racing today to check on EDFC for my TEIN FLEX, i was informed that only those FLEX with PIllow Mount can install EDFC, the normal flex cannot is that true?
i was told that all FLEX can install EDFC.

Please advice, thanks

s14sellingnow

Known Member
Oct 25, 2005
yes,only the tein with pillowball top mount fr type flex or super street generation onwards can install edfc not even type ha.

Hikaru

3,000 RPM
Aug 13, 2004
Atlanta, GA
photobucket.com
well thing is pretty simple, edfc only sits on tein pillow mount. eventhough you can plug original mount on tein flex coilover, it doesn't mean you can plug effc on it.

rapinsoul

Known Member
Sep 19, 2005
Petaling Jaya
Ok if like that is it possible for me to change the current Mount from the normal one to Pillow Mount?

Hikaru

3,000 RPM
Aug 13, 2004
Atlanta, GA
photobucket.com
well, it sounds to me that we have been talking

A=B
B=C

and you still don't get the point that A=C

std mount + tein flex coilover = std top tein flex coilover
tein pillow mount + tein flex coilover = tein pillow mount equiped tein flex coilover
edfc + tein pillow mount + tein flex coilover = edfc equiped tein flex coilover

rapinsoul

Known Member
Sep 19, 2005
Petaling Jaya
:biggrin: I Got It Now, thanks Hikaru... Can we do the damping adjustment while driving on the road? does it affect the life span of the soft hard Valve? not so often maybe like when city driving stick to a setting and maybe while cruising on the highway another setting :driver:

Vagabond

1,500 RPM
Mar 1, 2007
I'm using Tein Type Flex, and from my understanding, the pillow-ball mount / swivel mount / camber adjustment mount is not optional , it comes with the whole strut, doesn't it ?

Is it possible to have a type-flex without pillowball mount? better check with Desmond, i dont think it's an option. from my understanding, it's only super street and softer which has optional pillow ball mount.

speaking of which, is anyone selling a second hand / used set of Tein Type Flex for DC5? I know people looking for one, get in touch with me if anyone does have a set.

rapinsoul

Known Member
Sep 19, 2005
Petaling Jaya
This is how my FLEX look when i got it

amdfaisal

4,000 RPM
Sep 6, 2004
Bawah jembatan
i'm using EDFC (first version - silver) and my coilovers look like yours rapinsoul. the stepper motors just bolted on without any other accessories. DIY'ed the installation oso (first time done by N1 then I took off then reinstalled)

if on top of your shocks u have the hole for the stepper motor's rotating arm to go in then jalan lah... no need to pening2. if i remember, i'll take some pictures of my stepper motor and if time permits i can even take out one stepper motor and install it back if u want...

btw... i have the installation manual in pdf that i tried to attach to this post... no success since it is well over the 19kB size limit. if you don't have it already... i can mail it to you oso

rapinsoul

Known Member
Sep 19, 2005
Petaling Jaya
i'm using EDFC (first version - silver) and my coilovers look like yours rapinsoul. the stepper motors just bolted on without any other accessories. DIY'ed the installation oso (first time done by N1 then I took off then reinstalled)

if on top of your shocks u have the hole for the stepper motor's rotating arm to go in then jalan lah... no need to pening2. if i remember, i'll take some pictures of my stepper motor and if time permits i can even take out one stepper motor and install it back if u want...

btw... i have the installation manual in pdf that i tried to attach to this post... no success since it is well over the 19kB size limit. if you don't have it already... i can mail it to you oso
Hi Bro that would be really helpfull :adore: kindly please mail the pictures and the pdf file to [email protected] and bro my soft hard VALVE is going up to 20 plus (do i need to re valve?)

amdfaisal

4,000 RPM
Sep 6, 2004
Bawah jembatan
wat do u mean by "going up to 20+"? the edfc goes all the way from 0 to 20+? if i remember well the edfc (first version - mine) can handle up to 32 steps but i've never tweaked it to get those extra 16 steps (normal mode - 16 steps only).

eh... too tired la yesterday to take photos... came back home quite late but check ur mail, the installation manual shld be in your inbox already...

lightningfield

2,000 RPM
Dec 29, 2004
Johor Bahru
www.ef-honda.com
This is a very informative discussion.

I am also using Tein Flex control master (with pillowball mount and camber adjuster) on my DC5. Currently having the knocking sound from the front right shock during cornering on uneven road. Kinda irritating at times. Is that a sign of a worn pillowmount? Anyone experienced this with flex?

Thinking of sending it for a service at N1. RM450/piece not including replacement of pillowmount hahaha

amdfaisal

4,000 RPM
Sep 6, 2004
Bawah jembatan
my flex oso got knocking sound from the rear but it's the car's bushing la exactly not the flex itself... try checking that lightning if u haven't checked oredy. for my car the knocking sound is more apparent if i set the hard/soft level to softest = 16 since there is more suspension travel... rear ARB hitting this n that... i suppose.

another thing to note is... everytime i go over a speed breaker, the coilovers will compress and then decompress (normal la) and there is this sound yeeek when the coilovers compress and yoookk when they decompress... normal kah? i've been using my used flex since 2005 and the sound has been there since the installation.

wanted to send the shocks to uncle SIM but no time la... from wat i heard the cost is lower... less than 300 per coilover. N1... tak tahan la itu harga

lightningfield

2,000 RPM
Dec 29, 2004
Johor Bahru
www.ef-honda.com
so far ive checked my bushings, lower arms, tie rods etc all ok. perhaps i need to take down the shock and see whats the problem. irritated but not yet worried as the handling is not affected.

as for the shocks decompression sound, i do experience it. just when hitting a hump on higher speed the yeeek sound will be noticeable.

another thing thats bugging me is dat i will need to cut down the rear trunk cover for me to be able to reach for the rear S/H button. otherwise have to take off the whole cover to adjust the S/H. bummer.

but this flex damn keras man. toing toing around KL.