4g92p upgrades

qimme

Jun 27, 2007
how bout u using standard absober n use honda spring... hehehe.. mayb that can help u.. but after that u need to use bigger size.. my fren say, good on handling.. im just saying here what my fren say..... :biggrin:

nothing will be best ? how abt comparing to sport cars like skyline ? isit good at cornering n bumpy at normal highway ?
mayb not or mayb yes..

hafiz4g91

Feb 13, 2009
how bout u using standard absober n use honda spring... hehehe.. mayb that can help u.. but after that u need to use bigger size.. my fren say, good on handling.. im just saying here what my fren say..... :biggrin:

mayb not or mayb yes..
4 everybody info, right now i'm using honda eg spring full set combined wif my gab adj abs. so far i feel more comfortable compare previous i used ori gab spring. but for sure la x sama dgn std asb, but reliable during handling on normal road and high speed cornering:wavey:

zedz

Jul 13, 2004
hye guys... right now my 96' Satria 1.6 is running standard and I am thinking of doing some modification on my engine and here's the options:

i) Convert the engine to DOHC using 4G91 head.
ii) Maintain the single cam but install high performance camshaft from Powerzone.
iii) Maintain the single cam and install powerzone extractor plus full set piping system.

Please advice me on the options...

JackWaiKit

Aug 9, 2008
www.friendster.com
hye guys... right now my 96' Satria 1.6 is running standard and I am thinking of doing some modification on my engine and here's the options:

i) Convert the engine to DOHC using 4G91 head.
ii) Maintain the single cam but install high performance camshaft from Powerzone.
iii) Maintain the single cam and install powerzone extractor plus full set piping system.

Please advice me on the options...
I may suggest u compare the price with Mivec head!!!
Since both head also diff to find...unless GTI of Putra head!!! But ab it less performance!!!

zedz

Jul 13, 2004
I may suggest u compare the price with Mivec head!!!
Since both head also diff to find...unless GTI of Putra head!!! But ab it less performance!!!
Mivec head means more headache.. lots of modification needed to really get the "mivec" to open. At least, thats what i've read. 4G91 head is quite easy to find and there's a workshop is offering the conversion for not more than RM500.

qimme

Jun 27, 2007
4 everybody info, right now i'm using honda eg spring full set combined wif my gab adj abs. so far i feel more comfortable compare previous i used ori gab spring. but for sure la x sama dgn std asb, but reliable during handling on normal road and high speed cornering:wavey:
if u using std absorber, ur car are high..if u wanna best result, done like hafiz4g91...

oligokoko

Aug 17, 2008
dear sifus, need advice again =)

im considering 2 do this upgrades :

1) oversize t/b (sizes? got tapak 4 oversize t/b for 4g92? cuz dun want 2 rebore intake manifold)
2) t/b spacer (does this really works? where 2 find?)
3) Apexi open pod air filter (any better brand? )
4) CAI (comments needed)
5) extractor (4-2-1 or 4-1, need advice)
6) exhaust piping (heard tht straight pipe not gud 4 auto cars. why n any recommendations?)
7) spark plugs (type, brand? have long term effect or not if using strong plugs such as iridium?)
8) spark plug cables (brand? does this really improves power n fuel efficientcy?)
9) voltage stabilizer (please advice. benifits? brand? price?)
10) grounding wire (need or not after installing volt stabilizer? brand?)

please sifus, need advice here b4 doing it. thx!

p/s : sorry 4 d long query list. 4g92p no0b here =p

1) oversize t/b (sizes? got tapak 4 oversize t/b for 4g92? cuz dun want 2 rebore intake manifold)
2) t/b spacer (does this really works? where 2 find?)
3) Apexi open pod air filter (any better brand? )
4) CAI (comments needed)
5) extractor (4-2-1 or 4-1, need advice)
6) exhaust piping (heard tht straight pipe not gud 4 auto cars. why n any recommendations?)
7) spark plugs (type, brand? have long term effect or not if using strong plugs such as iridium?)
8) spark plug cables (brand? does this really improves power n fuel efficientcy?)
9) voltage stabilizer (please advice. benifits? brand? price?)
10) grounding wire (need or not after installing volt stabilizer? brand?)
1. can try perdana sei 4g63 sohc throttle body
2. never heard of such product
3. k&n also recommended...
4. yes cai is helpful... feeds cool air to ur intake...
5. 4-2-1 more for street use... 4-1 if u alwiz high rev....
6. maintain original route even manual or auto... piping size around 1.8" will be nice...
7. iridium and platinum offer better performance and durability... cheapo copper plugs will do if u have limited budget
8. oem ones good enough
9. not much improvement... if u have the money to spare no harm going for one... recommended brand PIVOT raizin
10. recommended, especially the one connecting engine head and distributor to battery negative terminal

zedz

Jul 13, 2004
whats the best suspension setup? I wanna lower my car but in the same time dont want to sacrifice too much comfortability. Can ah??? :D

p/s: my car is Satria 1.6

JackWaiKit

Aug 9, 2008
www.friendster.com
Mivec head means more headache.. lots of modification needed to really get the "mivec" to open. At least, thats what i've read. 4G91 head is quite easy to find and there's a workshop is offering the conversion for not more than RM500.
Hi Zedz,
me, as a mivec owner need o be clarified that...
Y u said mivec more headache?

In terms of conversion, maybe yes...it's mapping ecu type...bu boh sill need o change wiring...is ti?
In terms of price, also yes....bu more powerful leh!!!

I'm not really undersand why it so headache leh?

oligokoko

Aug 17, 2008
what is d original 4g92p piping size? thinkin want 2 change 2 a slightly bigger size for extra ciput performance, but dowan it 2 b too loud. any recommendation of sizes? is 1.8" ok like skywalker's advice?

But now.. I think they are nice..especially in terms of reliability, comfort, and looks!

When I was younger, BMW oozed sex appeal with its M Sport cars, or even the plain jane with some M inspired bodywork, and Mercedes like the big-small eye E class, or the wide eye C class just looked.. UNCLE...

Now..

And speaking with owners of BMW, Audi, and Mercedes in Malaysia seems that...