V-tec Vs Mivec

deacon

Senior master debater
May 5, 2005
KL
That is the dumbest statement i've ever read in my whole entire life.

So that would mean lotus cars powered by a k20a iVtec engine would be slower than a fd2 civic type r with the same engine?

dr.sbaitso

Jul 29, 2004
Kuching
Visit site
my mivec more power than vtec:driver:

Mi93vec

Feb 2, 2008
hey boyzone, the dyno graph is it done on a 4g93 Mivec? just curious :hmmmm:

Bump: hey boyzone, the dyno graph is it done on a 4g93 Mivec? just curious :hmmmm:

keithmin

Known Member
Apr 3, 2007
That is the dumbest statement i've ever read in my whole entire life.

So that would mean lotus cars powered by a k20a iVtec engine would be slower than a fd2 civic type r with the same engine?
That is the dumbest reply i've ever read in my whole entire life.

I`m comparing VTEC n Mivec, what were u saying ? Read all the posts please

deacon

Senior master debater
May 5, 2005
KL
i believe VTEC is more powerful if its in a Honda
This is what you said.

What I initially wrote pages ago was that a good comparison would be to have a Mivec in the same chasis as a VTEC so that there could be a proper comparison for on track performance.

What you are implying is that a VTEC in any other car would be slower BUT ONLY IF IT WAS IN A HONDA THEN IT WOULD BE FAST.

I'm sorry but what you said hardly makes any sense and really is the dumbest post i've ever read.

Try coming up with a more substantial argument or a statement that makes more sense. :hmmmm:

Vagabond

1,500 RPM
Mar 1, 2007
deacon's right.

there's been plenty of cars/chassis from other manufacturers (even europeans!) which have the honda K20A as the power plant, and running sub 4 seconds on the 0to100.

Vtec is not necessarily faster on a honda chassis .......

it depends a whole lot on the traction and weight issues.

keithmin

Known Member
Apr 3, 2007
This is what you said.

What I initially wrote pages ago was that a good comparison would be to have a Mivec in the same chasis as a VTEC so that there could be a proper comparison for on track performance.

What you are implying is that a VTEC in any other car would be slower BUT ONLY IF IT WAS IN A HONDA THEN IT WOULD BE FAST.

I'm sorry but what you said hardly makes any sense and really is the dumbest post i've ever read.

Try coming up with a more substantial argument or a statement that makes more sense. :hmmmm:
yeah, i know, i know VTEC engines r in many cars...i said VTEC is faster than mivec if its in a honda comparing to mivec in a proton...mivec r in many cars too, Mitsubishi is one of them...im comparing vtec in honda with mivec in proton, not a vtec in honda with vtec in lotus, understand?

Last edited:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi Ninja,
I am currently using Titan on my E34 . Purchased by previous owner .
Two of them I believe it's leaking cause I can see some oil start accumulating .
Making the ride uncomfortable .

Since Titan carried two years warranty , how much does it cost to service it .

Do we need to make an appointment or I just can drop by and expect to get services by Q . ( first come first serve )

Thanks.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience