The 4agze Forum

futeball

Known Member
Jun 2, 2006
Kuala Lumpur
www.4aeoc.org
for spark plug, u can try denso iridium IQ 22.

Bump: for spark plug, u can try denso iridium IQ 22.

miriguy

500 RPM
Jun 29, 2008
Im using IK22.

lilwhite

Known Member
Sep 12, 2007
u hav a fuel regulator??.....if yes....most likeky is yr car having a rich fuel supply....reduce a pressure a lil on the regulator....

scoupe

1,000 RPM
Mar 19, 2005
shah alam
nope no fuel regulator.. its a totaly standard gze..there is a valve right to control the idling.. could it be that..

miriguy

500 RPM
Jun 29, 2008
i have also been experiencing some problem.. after the engine has warmed up, my rpm will idle really low.. and while im driving when i take my foot of the accelarator the rpm will drop to almost 0 then go up to 7++ there have been times it will drop to zero and i'll need to start it up again.. when the engine is cold no problems.. only once its warmed up.. could is be due to the idle valve? if i need to replace it how much will it cost and where to get? pls help..
have u checked your timing?

futeball

Known Member
Jun 2, 2006
Kuala Lumpur
www.4aeoc.org
i have the problem just like you scoupe...but, after sometime my engine light blink...
when cruising the engine will die instantly without warning...
and the worse case is that my charger doesn't open...
its like running the engine on 3 cylinder....heavy fuel consumption...
even kancil can overtake me....no pick-up at all....
after done some checking with my mech...it is the ecu problem...

try to rechip the ecu...but it's already too late coz the main board was damage by overflow power...

so, beware of that symptons.... :)

maybe u can check the ecu.

Last edited:

Farouq

Feb 7, 2009
Seremban, NS
no one can have experience this prob ar?
Is the sensor light on the dashboard 'on' when your engine has warmed up? Have you tried switching on the air-cond? Does it make the problem worse? If your sensor light is on, try checking which sensor is that. The problem 'could' be as simple as your head is really dirty. And if this is the case, you're gonna have to top overhaul. Have you tried adjusting your timing? I believe if you raise your timing a bit, the problem will still happen but at least your engine does not turn off easily when crusing. When your engine is cold, the timing will naturally be higher, until the engine reaches its ideal temperature, then it will drop to normal. (usually in the morning, people will wait till their rpm to drop to normal before shifting to 1st gear. huhu). For this reason, that's why your timing don't drop when engine is cold. Anyway, get your foreman to check what causes the problem. Now as for the spark plugs, IQ20 is the stock spark plug for 4agze. IQ22 would be good. I personally use NGK G-Power though, well maybe Platinum is not as good as Iridium but it's good enough for me.

:biggrin:

Last edited:

Uncle9

Nov 3, 2008
Hello Miriguy~~

Nice mod tips you got there,your ride is definitely strong by now....Congratulation...

miriguy

500 RPM
Jun 29, 2008
thanks for all your advises also..

Bump: thanks for all your advises also..

scoupe

1,000 RPM
Mar 19, 2005
shah alam
thanks guys.. today i got it checked.. cleaned the TB.. problem still there but a bit better.. mech said stepper motor giving signs of prob d.. so temprory just increased the idle a lil bit.. erm how much for the stock plugs? timing belt set any idea how much? can i get the belt in any spare part shop?

miriguy

500 RPM
Jun 29, 2008
update! today i did some tuning and my boost is 1.40 bar. :thefinger:

Bump: update! today i did some tuning and my boost is 1.40 bar. :thefinger:

miriguy

500 RPM
Jun 29, 2008
that is coming from SC14.
never dyno it. gonna do some additional mods before going to dyno.
gonna upgrade TB taken from 3S.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

HALO! guys! need a help!
i wan to change rear drum to brake disc,so wat size or car disc brake
can use in satria 1.3, did it need to change 15inch rim? :)
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience