SS2 Pelita 24 hour car wash - one nasty experience

how2drive

Known Member
Jan 31, 2005
Petaling Jaya
www.da-eventhouse.com
Paint touch ups

anyone know a good place to do paint touch ups and also services for getting rid of 'orange peel' effect on newly painted car?

Oh yea as for more details about the title listed, please refer to the car detailing forum. I accidentally posted it here instead hehe.. pissed off punye pasal.

Last edited:

how2drive

Known Member
Jan 31, 2005
Petaling Jaya
www.da-eventhouse.com
Had a very bad day this morning at pelita ss2 car wash. Arrive there at 12.30am and i was the 2nd car in line. It took almost 1.5 hours for them to complete washing, vacuuming and drying the car. If it was done carefully and nicely i wouldn't complain if it took them 3 hours but those guys was talking and joking around like it was a party going on. Stains which was there before the wash remains there as they did not even soap it off to get rid of the stain (oil stains from workshop). During the drying process, i can see clearly grey shadows of remaining dirt/dust which they missed out during the soaping process. So i just sat there and waited thinking they might wipe it again with another cloth but noooooo... he walked up to me and told me 'boss, sudah cantik'. Feeling pissed i just paid up and walk to my car planning to get home at 2am to do the touch up... and guess what, the drivers side was all still wet!!!!! WTF!!!

Oh thats not all, the best part is during the time they were cleaning my interior i heard a soft crack.. he was happily resting his leg on my side skirt while wiping the interior. Now there a 2 inch diameter paint chip on my skirt. Btw, i just painted my ride like a month ago.

I don't mean to be a bit*h or harm their business in anyway but i think this kinda painful for any car owner or enthusiast. The place used to be a great place for car wash when the owners/bosses was around and they made sure the car is done up properly before you can even pay up. As for now, i m pretty sure today is gonna be my last time patronizing that car wash.

rabakshoe

Known Member
May 14, 2005
Petaling Jaya
sorry to hear bout dat bro ..
i have heard a lot of complains from my fwen bout the car wash too..
last time i went .. they also didnt do a great job washing my car ..
theres like still stains on the car.. so i did some complains and they wipe it off for me till its clean..
if only theres another 24hour car wash that is reliable in pj..

DJgErM

4,000 RPM
Feb 16, 2005
SIC Turn 7 & 8
www.germ.cjb.net
no ma..that pelita SS2 one is right beside the main road..businesss is superb but the thing they deliver is super bad..i still stick back to my usual car wash place at puay chai...or either DIY...car is small ma..

Mistaken_Identity

2,000 RPM
Aug 11, 2005
Johore Bahru
Got the bad experience there too... But I don't give them any chance...!!! Just FUCK them to clean my car until I'm satisfied with the car condition... Not goin' there anymore....

how2drive

Known Member
Jan 31, 2005
Petaling Jaya
www.da-eventhouse.com
no ma..that pelita SS2 one is right beside the main road..businesss is superb but the thing they deliver is super bad..i still stick back to my usual car wash place at puay chai...or either DIY...car is small ma..
Yea i use to get my wash at Puay chai too but on midnite cases i normally bring it to pelita. Aynway, i just took my ride over to Raydiance today and they did a superb job overall on my ride.:biggrin:

g88

3,000 RPM
Jan 28, 2004
deep polish or compound to remove the OP ?

Lilseoul

Known Member
Jan 3, 2008
deep polish or compound to remove the OP ?
Deep polishing via sand paper, then compound with wool pad with either Megs polishing items such as M85, and work it down again with M83 with a cutting pad to remove the lighter holograms left by the wool pad. You can then wax after that with either a sealant or wax of your choice.

If its OEM its surely to give ya the mirror effect desired after removal of orange peel, but if repainted the painter might leave ya with a few uneven surfaces. Also if your car is newly painted, do not carry any polishing job on it with products that contains silicone that feels in holograms. Let it sit for a month. OP occurs after the clear coat and paint has settled down meaning dried. Even all the high end cars have it.

Anyhow, sanding should be done wet, its easier to work with the paint surface that way. Cheers!

wny2233

Known Member
Dec 9, 2008
Had a very bad day this morning at pelita ss2 car wash. Arrive there at 12.30am and i was the 2nd car in line. It took almost 1.5 hours for them to complete washing, vacuuming and drying the car. If it was done carefully and nicely i wouldn't complain if it took them 3 hours but those guys was talking and joking around like it was a party going on. Stains which was there before the wash remains there as they did not even soap it off to get rid of the stain (oil stains from workshop). During the drying process, i can see clearly grey shadows of remaining dirt/dust which they missed out during the soaping process. So i just sat there and waited thinking they might wipe it again with another cloth but noooooo... he walked up to me and told me 'boss, sudah cantik'. Feeling pissed i just paid up and walk to my car planning to get home at 2am to do the touch up... and guess what, the drivers side was all still wet!!!!! WTF!!!

Oh thats not all, the best part is during the time they were cleaning my interior i heard a soft crack.. he was happily resting his leg on my side skirt while wiping the interior. Now there a 2 inch diameter paint chip on my skirt. Btw, i just painted my ride like a month ago.

I don't mean to be a bit*h or harm their business in anyway but i think this kinda painful for any car owner or enthusiast. The place used to be a great place for car wash when the owners/bosses was around and they made sure the car is done up properly before you can even pay up. As for now, i m pretty sure today is gonna be my last time patronizing that car wash.
my experience at the same place was even worse, a friend of mine sent his car 2 wash ther and we met for tt at pelita behind, afterwards when he came 2 take his car the car was badly dented infront and the left windscreen smashed, according 2 them they tried to reverse and relocate the car as new customer arriving, and a 4wd hit n run, go to police to report thts all we cld do as they pretended to not understand bahasa, wtf

WajaRS

500 RPM
May 19, 2005
PJ
hmmm..got my car washed at Pelita last few days back late at night..their job was not bad..very clean..but one think had to remind you guys..their worker got no driving license..so better not leave your car there..One of the worker only know how to drive auto because that night, he tried to drive a customer car out but its a manual..so he put the gear in without pressin the clutch..In the end, he asked for my help to drive the car out..then I ask him, how you learn how to drive..he told me, just see ppl drive then learn lo..I was like..WTF..luckily I didn't leave my car there..if not sure gonela..

BoxCarRacer

500 RPM
May 7, 2008
Johor Bahru
Its better for the owner to wait & move the car by yourself. Had a case where the workers use those big rubber boots, accidentally slip off the clutch & the car "jumped" hit the car in front which another worker was vacuuming it. The best part, boss hefta pay for it after the worker ran away.
:rofl:

EvolutionZ

5,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Aug 3, 2007

usually i will point to which part not clean or not wipe clean and ensure they do it nicely. bout the cracked side skirting....make them pay for it. but if u notice on the spot, if not they will deny for sure.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

HALO! guys! need a help!
i wan to change rear drum to brake disc,so wat size or car disc brake
can use in satria 1.3, did it need to change 15inch rim? :)
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience