B16B smoked by SR16ve N1???

supernova

Known Member
Sep 9, 2005
KL
this video is 10 years ago, and the author only show part of it just to bash vtec.

this vzrn1 is full option equipped with cross gear ratio, upgraded mathcing spring with dampers, exhaust, brakes and so on. it cost 3+million yen
later part they equipped the civic with similar part the n1 got, ctr come from behind to kick the vzrn1 ass.
the total cost with car and spoon stuff 2million+yen.
so who got the last laugh.

tell story pleae tell the whole story and not just cut and paste.:rofl:

terryhendra

Known Member
Dec 15, 2004
Hahaha....supernova beat me to the followup part....and SR16VE N1 has only limited 200 units around the globe compared to the abundance of B16B's.....Most SR16VE's here are the normal ones.....the N1 version is so difficult to source unless u have $$$ and good contacts in japan itself

tecque

500 RPM
Jun 29, 2005
sbn
Thanks supernova and terryhendra for reply... So it not fair tat the Sr16 N1 compare wit CTR rit.... Vtec still rox....

Bump: But i just doubt wit the vid whether tha pulzar is stock or mod condition in term of the handling and performance??? i personally dont think the Pulzar can beat the CTR in track wit 15hp more...

Bump: But i just doubt wit the vid whether tha pulzar is stock or mod condition in term of the handling and performance??? i personally dont think the Pulzar can beat the CTR in track wit 15hp more...

aalto

Known Member
Dec 31, 2004
Its not the car that makes u go fast, its the driver........:burnout:

gotboost33

Known Member
Jan 15, 2005
Bro tecque...Ask your friend dont talk which one faster la...Ask the genting taxi come out TEST then know lor...Seen you around taynton a few times but too SHY to intro myself cos i always travel in my HUMBLE myvi...haha...

aja

4,000 RPM
Dec 3, 2003
I also believed that in stock form, DOHC Vtec not that great. Some stock DOHC vtec lousy also.

tecque

500 RPM
Jun 29, 2005
sbn
Bro tecque...Ask your friend dont talk which one faster la...Ask the genting taxi come out TEST then know lor...Seen you around taynton a few times but too SHY to intro myself cos i always travel in my HUMBLE myvi...haha...
Oh... how u know tat me??hehe...

shiroitenshi

3,000 RPM
Apr 18, 2006
I'm not sure if the vid above is complete, nor did I watch it.
Remember that the b series existed even before the 90's and it shows how good the tech was.
I like b-series, but I'd be first to admit that it's not the latest technology, and considering the new technologies introduced, it's great that the b-series actually lasted that long to find a suitable contender.

BTW, did you notice the price debate at the end of the video? the nissan has a way higher pricetag.

But the era of 1.6 is over. Not many new performance cars using small cc high rpm combo already.

For me, the engine to get now with a good power to price point is the SR20 turbo.. it won't break any new landmarks, but it's cheap and plentiful. :)

It's not a honda, but unless the K20A becomes the standard spec for our stock FD series honda civics, it won't drop in price a lot.

Last edited:

tecque

500 RPM
Jun 29, 2005
sbn
I'm not sure if the vid above is complete, nor did I watch it.
Remember that the b series existed even before the 90's and it shows how good the tech was.
I like b-series, but I'd be first to admit that it's not the latest technology, and considering the new technologies introduced, it's great that the b-series actually lasted that long to find a suitable contender.

BTW, did you notice the price debate at the end of the video? the nissan has a way higher pricetag.

But the era of 1.6 is over. Not many new performance cars using small cc high rpm combo already.

For me, the engine to get now with a good power to price point is the SR20 turbo.. it won't break any new landmarks, but it's cheap and plentiful. :)

It's not a honda, but unless the K20A becomes the standard spec for our stock FD series honda civics, it won't drop in price a lot.
Yah bro.. im still love my B series although now is the K series era... Honda halfcut value always there... cheers for it...
HAHA..Not many hatchie running around cheras...I also drive one white colour...Maybe your friend ES turbo know who is me...HAPPY CNY!
Oh.... u r the white hatch rit...? i saw ur car once... nice ride... i saw ur car qute bouncy... wat suspension?

jester

1,000 RPM
Jul 8, 2005
PJ
this video goes to show those honda hardcores out there that vtec is not always king. i can't stand people who 'worship' vtec/honda so much that they fail/refuse to look at what others are doing out there. be open & flexible and you'll discover and be surprised that there are more to life than vtec/honda. there are other good makes out there too.

Last edited:

amdfaisal

4,000 RPM
Sep 6, 2004
Bawah jembatan
jester...

fanboy syndrome kot :) unfortunately in mesia some wonders of the automotive world are too far from the reach of normal ppl :(

fobs

3,000 RPM
Apr 6, 2007
this video goes to show those honda hardcores out there that vtec is not always king. i can't stand people who 'worship' vtec/honda so much that they fail/refuse to look at what others are doing out there. be open & flexible and you'll discover be surprised that there are more to life than vtec/honda. there are other good makes out there too.
4WDT huhuhuuuu!!!
defelent klass

jester

1,000 RPM
Jul 8, 2005
PJ
no lah. all i'm saying is us car buffs should be open to other makes and not too focused on one brand just because it works for you that you put down other cars. no doubt honda's vtec is awsome but to shut your eyes from seeing what others are doing is foolish. turbo also has its pros and cons. the skyline may be godzilla but it still has its weaknesses. the hachiroku is a 25 year old geezer but enthusiats sill rave about its balance.

in other words........grow up and be more mature :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

aja

4,000 RPM
Dec 3, 2003
this video goes to show those honda hardcores out there that vtec is not always king. I can't stand people who 'worship' vtec/honda so much that they fail/refuse to look at what others are doing out there. Be open & flexible and you'll discover be surprised that there are more to life than vtec/honda. There are other good makes out there too.
agreeeed!!

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi all sifus :adore:

Need help, appriciate for every reply and answer, when the car moving it sounds like 'wruk wruk wruk' the faster i go the faster it produce the noise.

One of my trusted mechanic said sounds like this is only will produce by wheel bearing, but after i've replace it and those noise still appear.

This noise usually happens after i've went thru a rough/bumpy road & rainy/cold weather days.

My question is, except wheel bearing what else is spinning in our car while we...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience