superstrut vs mcpherson

EDRA

500 RPM
Nov 15, 2006
really headache. i dont know which one to use now. plz give some opinion. i want comfortable, safe and better handling....plz tell me......

normality78

3,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
JB
Visit site
I think you stick with Mcpherson better la. Ok let me give you my personal experince in the past.

I used to use SS when i got my car not too long ago. Tat was with stock SS absorber with RSR lowered spring. Its not bumpy at all. Almost like stock ride comfort level but u do feel its more "solid" feeling and more stable even on straight. However, its more pron to "feedback" over un-even road. U can feel every little thing (like you're on very hard suspension setting). Steering respond is fantastic and you really can corner at very high speed (provided your tire on par). Not too long later, it started to develop "klock klock" sound.

As i dig for more info, found out there are special tools needed and some "technics" needed to remove the culprit "lower arm ball joint" and to fix in. So mech who knows the tricks and the tools is damn kao limited. Moreover, the lower arm ball joint can only get chop shop one and also its damn kao limited. At times dont have at all. Almost not possible to get new one unless u bring the damn thing to japan toyota HQ and that is not confirm also coz no one try be4 doing so. whahahahaha. By the way, there is 2 types of SS. one frm Ae101 and another frm Ae111 frm what i know.

Thn i feedup coz 1 year change twiced. So i changed back to Mcpherson. Initial feeling. Woah... im riding a boat. i dun even dare go more thn 80kmh. corner? i even slow down to 40kmh on average tightness corner. yes, i may sound unbelievable but trust me, that is how i feel. But then damn comfort la. Any small hump, ports, uneven road i can literally blast thru. On SS u cant as the feedback is damn strong.

Thn i changed to numerous of absorber and spring combination until i landed with Tein. Although it doesnt give as much confidence as in SS but at least i dare to blast in B road. Thn match with with couples of chasis bars and anti roll bar, you're good.

But since now my car is becoming project car which only drive once a week or weekend only, i can now go back to SS again but having the same dillema as you. Since the less usage on my car, i think probrably once a year i need to change that stupid thing only (previously its my daily working car). My main concern is where to get that stupid stuff and as im based in JB, there is only 2 mech here can do it which both i also dont like. whahahah

my 0.1cents of comment.

normality78

3,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
JB
Visit site
hi ajnone,
im not sure wor..... i also in mixed. according to master sifu khwong, he said need but from what i can remmeber, my 1st SS i did not change the steering rack. Coz if got change, my ex mech sure charge me one. whahahaha but he did not.

Also even recently i went to booked another set of SS and went to another workshop to check out the installation cost, he also didnt ask me did i get steering rack along or telling me i need to change steering rack. So i also not so sure....

KHWONG

3,000 RPM
Jun 29, 2006
hi ajnone,
im not sure wor..... i also in mixed. according to master sifu( Not master sifu.. is master TIPU) khwong, he said need but from what i can remmeber, my 1st SS i did not change the steering rack. Coz if got change, my ex mech sure charge me one. whahahaha but he did not.

Also even recently i went to booked another set of SS and went to another workshop to check out the installation cost, he also didnt ask me did i get steering rack along or telling me i need to change steering rack. So i also not so sure....

hey bro.. u dun always put me on table ..

steering rack issue

Normal to SS= Must change .. if not kena abs if not mistaken

SS to Normal = no need change. use back ss will do...

thanks ..

hahaha.. MAster tipu speaking.. wanna believe me or not.. is ur own decision.. hahaha

ajnone

500 RPM
Sep 28, 2004
Klang
thanks for ur info. i just wanna standby a spare mcpherson set in case i cant find a replacement set for SS lower arm.

anyway anyone who hv
extra mcpherson complete set which wanna let go with good price then can contact me...:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

thanks!

normality78

3,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
JB
Visit site
whahahaha... since whn i put u on table wor? you indeed sifu ma....

n0th1n

1,000 RPM
Feb 7, 2005
japan
junk-dealer.blogspot.com
aik,
giving up SS ka ajnone?
sell me cheap2
hahahhaha

normality78

3,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
JB
Visit site
replacement arm always can be find la... but in good working condition or how long does it last then its subjective la

ajnone

500 RPM
Sep 28, 2004
Klang
n0th1n,
really no one can recon the SS lower arm? :hmmmm:...:mad::mad::mad:
now looking for spare unit for both SS n also mcp...

normality78

3,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
JB
Visit site
wahahha mcp easy to find la... lower arm... i know someone can help you hunt for it but i dare not to say... later he say i put him on the table again. whahahahaha :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

KHWONG

3,000 RPM
Jun 29, 2006
aik,
giving up SS ka ajnone?
sell me cheap2
hahahhaha
senior of SS user now is speaking up... hahahahah..

wahahha mcp easy to find la... lower arm... i know someone can help you hunt for it but i dare not to say... later he say i put him on the table again. whahahahaha :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

knn :thefinger::thefinger:

today just saw 1 set of ss lantai with HKS sping..

the lower arm condition is damn 7 CUNNNNNNN..... the original toyotaq sticker still attched.. but too late.. item sold.. damn....

gahahhahahhaah

u always need to hunt arm for spare even u got spare at home.. this is the theory of ss user ... hahahahahahah

EDRA

500 RPM
Nov 15, 2006
this morning i was looking for ss tie rod end (tie rod end for power steering rack ss). i could not find it. 3/4 sparepart shop i went no one have it. one of the shop give me camry tie rod i tried to match also cannot. damn difficult. for info now i am using mcpherson suspension complete but only steering rack using ss one. i am planning to sell the ss lower arm complete with suspension. item in very very good condition. anyone interested can pm me with the price u want.

Bump: this morning i was looking for ss tie rod end (tie rod end for power steering rack ss). i could not find it. 3/4 sparepart shop i went no one have it. one of the shop give me camry tie rod i tried to match also cannot. damn difficult. for info now i am using mcpherson suspension complete but only steering rack using ss one. i am planning to sell the ss lower arm complete with suspension. item in very very good condition. anyone interested can pm me with the price u want.