Turbo Vs Vtec

Mar 21, 2008
If u compare engine benchmark, a simple 400m drage race, turbo will win in the same class engine displacement.

Engine power is about torque pull first, then only comes to peak power HP.

So if anyone here fails in modern-maths, yes SHUT THE FUCK UP !

How lame could u guys be, keep argueing pointlessly.......

Even a BOT Vios 1.5cc can beat a vtec.......

D-IV

Known Member
Mar 11, 2006
BOT vios vs BOT vtec... both engine originally came from N/A. So putting a BOT on a vios only and not on a honda is a pointless comparison.

boyzone

2,000 RPM
Mar 13, 2005
NA engine weakness = torque is set at high rev. :smokin:

Bump: NA engine weakness = torque is set at high rev. :smokin:

SAO 6418

Known Member
Jun 11, 2005
Ipoh
If u compare engine benchmark, a simple 400m drage race, turbo will win in the same class engine displacement.

Engine power is about torque pull first, then only comes to peak power HP.

So if anyone here fails in modern-maths, yes SHUT THE FUCK UP !

How lame could u guys be, keep argueing pointlessly.......

Even a BOT Vios 1.5cc can beat a vtec.......
Gotcha....:thefinger:

D-IV

Known Member
Mar 11, 2006
Small Displacement high revving = torque is set at high rpm
Big displacement low rev = torque is everywhere :proud:

WiiR4

Known Member
Oct 21, 2008
hua...hua...hua...nice 1 bro pentavalen...:biggrin:

to bro deacon...woo...chill a bit...this thread are not asking ppl to ketuk2 each others or bakar2 each others...just share an experience & discuss...yup! I know, to know who's power, just put 2 car on track...ur right, but what I mean is share some story here...this 2 engine are like Red Indian & Cowboy...Vampire & Warewolf...& etc, always rival...it is not like if I see a person driving DC5 I'll give a middle finger...no...I would say "bro nice ride..." if I had a chance...HONDA STILL A COOL CAR & FUN...it is up to individual thought to choice their own toys...chill & Thax ZTH fellas...:driver:

D-IV

Known Member
Mar 11, 2006
Hi!!!:wavey:

I think it an old topic, just want to bring it back coz' I think it's a never ending issue...

I choose to join VTEC KILLER, that mean TURBO, first time when enter this motorsports arena & didn't have my own ride, I admire Honda, especially the "Civic" family, like EG6, EK9 plus "Intregra" family also nice, like DC2 & DC5, when my friend lean me his 2doors EF with B16A engine, hear the VTEC engine Roar, Prrangg...!!! & see the RPM rev till 9000 it's feel great, sorry to mention at that time I was studying & I'm not from wealthy family so my parents can't afford to buy me a car, after I finished my study, luckily I was a bit fast from my others clicks & I got a job, & I set a mission to buy myself a car, at the office got 2 person that is "kaki VTEC" always hang out with them & chit chat bout' car, days after days, I got annoying when they kept saying that TURBO for loser, they call it "Keta Cacat" "Keta Tak Sihat", my perception change, I think why must they said that, plus they said if U get a proton cars & put MITSU engine, if wira it still gonna be proton wira, yaa...they maybe right, but who care...! plus I think that convert cars is much more expensive to build from original made TURBO cars, still I'm not a person that have a lot of money, but I'm willing save for my ride, then I got myself a Proton Wira 1.5 sohc, it hurt me much when they make fun at me coz' when go out together my ride can't keep up with they VTEC, they start a gap between me & them, I started to fine "geng keta cacat" then 1 night 1 of my "geng keta cacat" came with his friend that drive Iswara VR4 RS, I got the opportunity to drive & I felt in love TURBO, Now I'm on my way to be a VTEC KILLER coz' my wira now got a new heart VR4 220, try to find RS but I couldn't be more patient, so just crab it from ZTH the marketpalce posting, now still on my way, anyway both has it own strenghs & weakness, just let go of my emotion & see what others opinion...sorry this thread a bit long...peace!!!:driver:
Reading back to the original topic. I think the people that made fun of his wira are the cause of his emotions and calling people with turbo equipped cars are loser and even worse calling it keta cacat or keta tak sihat made things worst. I think they are the small minded b-series owners and think their ride is the fastest in the world... they need to wake up and smell the fresh air.

boyzone

2,000 RPM
Mar 13, 2005
Where is Alvin24 ??
I think he is the one can tell u what is the turbo power... :listen:
even though with his old 4G91 BOT.
Btw, I drive Mivec RS in Satria chasis and I know that very clearly what is the limitation for NA 2 stages cam engine.
Of coz, ppl will claim that Vtec is stronger than Mivec... but what is the different ?
1.6 NA = 1.6 NA, not much different in my mind.:banghead:
The main conclusion is depand on how much u throw into ur engine.
e.g: 1.6 stock or BOT engine vs 1.6 Vtec with RM 10k mod inside.

just my 0.0002 cents

D-IV

Known Member
Mar 11, 2006
If there is a back to back dyno comparison of both engines, it'll be easier to spot where each makes its power. By literature the 1.6 MIVEC is 175hp vs 1.6 VTEC 160-170 depending on the model. Both have high cam lift system and are high RPM screamer. Put the 1.6 MIVEC on a 97-99 colt hatch, it'll probably be equally as fast as an EG6.

Well thats what i think anyway. My main conclusion is not to associate small displacement equipped with Turbo vs small displacement VTEC NA. How about we talk about small displacement engines with turbo's vs. those big 4.8-5 liter NA monsters.

evoX2

1,000 RPM
May 11, 2005
KCH
NA engine weakness = torque is set at high rev. :smokin:

Bump: NA engine weakness = torque is set at high rev. :smokin:
But NA make it up with close gear ratio & final drive.

Sometimes it is not how much hp or torque you have in "paper", it's how much you can utilize it.
For example, stock evo 300hp vs stock dc5 200hp in 400m, can the 300hp blew the 200hp away by the 1/3 distance with the 100hp (1/3) superior? Then if put both car in track then the result will be different again.
Really no point arguing on both different technology & category. Just like comparing orange with apple.

karl5511

1,000 RPM
May 31, 2007
This issue should not been raised. In Sepang Drag Battle oso, they are not in the same category, so, reconsider about it. This kinda topic, would piss bro JinKL up....haha...

D-IV

Known Member
Mar 11, 2006
This issue should not been raised. In Sepang Drag Battle oso, they are not in the same category, so, reconsider about it. This kinda topic, would piss bro JinKL up....haha...
+1 ....Best point of the week....

mivec_mivec

Known Member
Oct 21, 2007
dunno if got open category...and more,if not in track,how bout on our local beloved traffic?sure if one vtec next to turbo sure got striking eyes over another i think...hehehehe :burnout:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

The BRZ / 86 is in a little bit of a limbo these days. A brilliant coupe on one hand and a asthmatic child on the other. Although Toyobaru coupes are never known to be powerful nor fast within the sports car vocabulary, they make up for purity, soul and driveability. It defines the true meaning of a driver's car. That's why driving legends like Tengku Djan has an 86...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience