gen 2 issue again..

dieheartsue

Known Member
Nov 7, 2006
bro n sifu,

i nid ur help to teach me how to remove da front center panel of my dashboard as well as da cd player.. i plan to repaint da center panel of my dashboard which consist of cd player, clock holder, air cond blower.. etc.. teach me how to dismantle or remove it.. thx in advance..

best regards

Oct 10, 2006
I did dismantle it for 1 time. but quite many years ago. the meter combi, clock, radio not too complicated. it's just like previous proton model. but the most hectic work is under the passenger side there is a screw underneath, which u need a "L" shape philips screw driver only can remove it. Because the space to put in the screwdriver to turn out the screw is limited.
My advice is, may be u can use a comom convertible screwdriver like the 1 come together in the emergency kit, and bent it to the "L" shape.
May be after u did this job u will blame why proton made this stupid design....
But don't blame, what i understand is, there is some security part of your vehicle is under the dashboard. :)

dieheartsue

Known Member
Nov 7, 2006
toin,

izit those clock, switches use pin-lock or izit there is any screw? u mean below passenger side there is a screw for radio?

more details bro.. i really nid ur help.. thx in advance again..

best regards,
dieheartsue

Oct 10, 2006
sorry for late reply. yes, those clock use clip lock, and if not mistaken the audio finisher use clip lock also, after remove the finisher the headset hold by some screw. i can't really remember lots, but to remove the dash board there quite many screw to remove. sorry lar bro can't help much, coz quite many years ago when i do this job. that time is after gen 2 launched for few months.

The screw i means in the previous post is locate on the most left hand side bottom of the dash board not for radio.

dieheartsue

Known Member
Nov 7, 2006
thx alot for da info bro..

icic.. bro.. 1 laz question.. do u mean da audio finisher is da front panel of da audio player?
thx for all da info.. will have a try on this weekend.. hopefully wont brake those bracket or lock.. Happy New Year..

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

MMER 2011 brings together many great teams with amazing cars. Here is the compilation of some of the most interesting and exciting cars from this year's race including car like the BMW Z4 M GT3, Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG GT3, Audi R8 LMS GT3, Lamborghini Gallardo GT3, REITER Engineering Lamborghini Gallardo LP560 GT3, Ferrari 458 GT3, Matech Ford GT GT3, Mosler MT900R GT3
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience