Question bout purchasing CTR

fobs

3,000 RPM
Apr 6, 2007

aja

4,000 RPM
Dec 3, 2003
No need to spend tooo much to buy Fd2r.

Buy local used FD2, plunk-en k20R inside from DC5,EP3. Upgrade & Mods the engine kaw2. Definitely u will get a better engine output, compared to originaal FD2R!

As for the outlook, external looks sama jer! Paint white color and Mugen spoiler can be bought in Motortrader. hehehehe

neesern

Feb 29, 2008
No need to spend tooo much to buy Fd2r.

Buy local used FD2, plunk-en k20R inside from DC5,EP3. Upgrade & Mods the engine kaw2. Definitely u will get a better engine output, compared to originaal FD2R!

As for the outlook, external looks sama jer! Paint white color and Mugen spoiler can be bought in Motortrader. hehehehe

hi, well, not meaning to be harsh on my first post, but i think thats a terrible idea. the end product MIGHT look like a CTR, and MAYBE perform/outperform a CTR, but deep down inside, u know it is not a CTR, and personally, to me,the satisfaction of knowing its the real deal means a whole lot more than looks and performance. that is my humble 2 cents.

griffentai

Known Member
Mar 5, 2007
agree with it :),there's too many "wannabe",no offense,but most ppl earn and buy car,its like achievement,it mean alot,at least for me,i feel much of it. for converting,its like lying yourself,fooling ppl around or either laughing at those "real owner" tat they don't spend wisely. my 2 cents

fobs

3,000 RPM
Apr 6, 2007
hi, well, not meaning to be harsh on my first post, but i think thats a terrible idea. the end product MIGHT look like a CTR, and MAYBE perform/outperform a CTR, but deep down inside, u know it is not a CTR, and personally, to me,the satisfaction of knowing its the real deal means a whole lot more than looks and performance. that is my humble 2 cents.
aja's europah-r can out-perform the ctr, for abt 1/3 the priiice,... hehe

aja

4,000 RPM
Dec 3, 2003
almost same price to ori FD2R.... why not just buy FD2R...:hmmmm:
Almost same kah?. Not sure though.

As for the simple calculations :-

1. Used FD2 (2.0cc one) RM100k
http://www.motortrader.com.my/asp/s...Ref_no=&category_id=&btnSubmit=Search&page=10)

2. DC5/EP3 Hcut RM18k Complete with Brembo, seats etc (Halfcut Complete)

3. Wear & Tear RM3k

4. Others Parts & Labor RM5k (spoiler, painting etc)

4. Labours RM3k (max).

TOTAL RM129k

MINUS : -

Proceed from Selling off
unusable DC5/EP3 parts (RM3k)
------
TOTAL NOW RM126k
=====

Add : Hard-core Engine
Mod (Estimate) RM25k
-----
GRAND TOTAL RM151K VS RM200k new FD2R COST.
=====

As for the Hire-purchase payment, based on 10% downpayment, 4% HP Interest and repayment of 7 years :-

FD2 RM 1,371.43 (OTR RM100k)
FD2R RM 2,895.24 (OTR RM200k)

Monthly different of RM 1,523.81 of 111% from FD2.

Bottomline is, my PERSONAL OPINION is paying a premium price for the same design and regular car maybe not a good choice. (unless u are paying such price for a irregular unique sports car design like S2000 ka, DC5 ka etc).

BTW Kimoka,

I'm really a simple-minded guy, cannot afford to buy those FD2R (It's true) and definitely no "taste" of the car ler.!! hehehehehe

Last edited:

aja

4,000 RPM
Dec 3, 2003
aja's europah-r can out-perform the ctr, for abt 1/3 the priiice,...
hehe
this bump2 limitation really susah lor. Cannot post continuously in different posting.

BTW, my Kelisa-R where can outrun CTR ler. Out-run during "R" gear can lor, since it's auto!! kekekeke

fobs

3,000 RPM
Apr 6, 2007
aikksss,... stumbled upon an akauntan

JINEIL2EN

Over 10,000 RPM!
Sep 6, 2004
Island Of Pearl
team99ers.2.forumer.com
Almost same kah?. Not sure though.

As for the simple calculations :-

1. Used FD2 (2.0cc one) RM100k
http://www.motortrader.com.my/asp/s...Ref_no=&category_id=&btnSubmit=Search&page=10)

2. DC5/EP3 Hcut RM18k Complete with Brembo, seats etc (Halfcut Complete)

3. Wear & Tear RM3k

4. Others Parts & Labor RM5k (spoiler, painting etc)

4. Labours RM3k (max).

TOTAL RM129k

MINUS : -

Proceed from Selling off
unusable DC5/EP3 parts (RM3k)
------
TOTAL NOW RM126k
=====

Add : Hard-core Engine
Mod (Estimate) RM25k
-----
GRAND TOTAL RM151K VS RM200k new FD2R COST.
=====

As for the Hire-purchase payment, based on 10% downpayment, 4% HP Interest and repayment of 7 years :-

FD2 RM 1,371.43 (OTR RM100k)
FD2R RM 2,895.24 (OTR RM200k)

Monthly different of RM 1,523.81 of 111% from FD2.

Bottomline is, my PERSONAL OPINION is paying a premium price for the same design and regular car maybe not a good choice. (unless u are paying such price for a irregular unique sports car design like S2000 ka, DC5 ka etc).

BTW Kimoka,

I'm really a simple-minded guy, cannot afford to buy those FD2R (It's true) and definitely no "taste" of the car ler.!! hehehehehe
pls includ the interior & the body parts. :biggrin:

Vagabond

1,500 RPM
Mar 1, 2007
since when does half-cut for dc5 cost RM18K only?
and since when does EP3 half cut come with brembos ?

DC5 stock brakes are 300mm discs as compared with the FD2R's 320mm?

what about the 3 year warranty on the FD2R?

chassis wise? FD2R chassis is significantly reinforced as compared to the FD2, even the DC5R!!!

there are already a few DC5-type-s in the market being sold as a DC5R ..... and the handling results shows it all!

in addition, the FD2R bucket seats are different from the recaro's from the DC5

the DC5 and EP3 runs on throttle cable, wheras the FD2R is dbw.

there's already someone in penang undertaking the pains to convert an FD2 to FD2R ...... and even before he has touched the engine, he suddenly realises ..... it's not worth it, and it's not gonna happen.

Last edited:

fobs

3,000 RPM
Apr 6, 2007
since when does half-cut for dc5 cost RM18K only?
and since when does EP3 half cut come with brembos ?

DC5 stock brakes are 300mm discs as compared with the FD2R's 320mm?

what about the 3 year warranty on the FD2R?

chassis wise? FD2R chassis is significantly reinforced as compared to the FD2, even the DC5R!!!

there are already a few DC5-type-s in the market being sold as a DC5R ..... and the handling results shows it all!

in addition, the FD2R bucket seats are different from the recaro's from the DC5

the DC5 and EP3 runs on throttle cable, wheras the FD2R is dbw.

there's already someone in penang undertaking the pains to convert an FD2 to FD2R ...... and even before he has touched the engine, he suddenly realises ..... it's not worth it, and it's not gonna happen.
dc5 sifoo has spoken
cl1 sifoo has spoken

anyone else?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Word has it that Malaysian auto enthusiasts will soon see the return of an automotive icon to our shores. As we eagerly await the launch of the spiritual successor of the legendary AE86, we at Zerotohundred.com decided to take a drive back to where it all really started.

Long before the Toyota AE86, Toyota already had a strong history in the sports cars market. It was way back in 1965 that Toyota...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience