Satria UK Spec

loose_end

3,000 RPM
Jul 29, 2009
Malaysia
my 96' Satria is a UK Spec Satria. The difference are:

1) Dual reading speedo meter. MPH is on top and more visible than KMH which is only small under the MPH numberings.

2) Also, not only the speedo meter is in MPH, the counter is also in Miles.

3) Aircond panel is different. It have "winter" button. When it turns to blue color, means you have cold air coming out and when it orange, it blows hot air.

4) Proton also installed an ABS-like brake assistant at the brake pump. But rosak already and i have removed it when i installed a new brake pump last time.

5) The dashboard panel is attached with carbon fiber like panel. Others 96' Satria is only fitted with normal black dashboard panel.

Thats only the differences. Owh yea, it comes with SRS airbag steering (4 spoke).

Hope that helps.
Hello Guys..

I don't understand the first one about the MPH and KMH..sorry

I don't have any winter buttons

I do have the carbon fiber like panel

I don't have any airbags any the steering is 3 spokes..

Haha , Seems to be My "Fake" Satria UK Spec..:mad:

Bump: Does local spec satria comes with a front strut bar ?..

ephique74

Known Member
May 20, 2007
the MPH and the KMH is the speedo. U'll see two numberings of two different speed empirical units. If I'm not mistaken the larger ones are the MPH. Dont be pissed yet. Try to knock on the body and compare between the sound with a local spec. If urs sounds thicker, then safely its a UK spec. :proud: I guess..

Strut bar.. I can't remember... zedz?

monazarudin

Known Member
Mar 28, 2007
i'm pretty sure that all satria uk spec have heater function in the cars la..

Nobody
Helmet Clan
Dec 21, 2005
yes,fren of mine who own an UK spec satria has the heater & mph reading on the speedo

silverwave

Known Member
Nov 25, 2005
my 96' Satria is a UK Spec Satria. The difference are:

1) Dual reading speedo meter. MPH is on top and more visible than KMH which is only small under the MPH numberings.

2) Also, not only the speedo meter is in MPH, the counter is also in Miles.

3) Aircond panel is different. It have "winter" button. When it turns to blue color, means you have cold air coming out and when it orange, it blows hot air.

4) Proton also installed an ABS-like brake assistant at the brake pump. But rosak already and i have removed it when i installed a new brake pump last time.

5) The dashboard panel is attached with carbon fiber like panel. Others 96' Satria is only fitted with normal black dashboard panel.

Thats only the differences. Owh yea, it comes with SRS airbag steering (4 spoke).

Hope that helps.
I don't think only UK model's have some of the function mentioned here. My 97 satria 1.3 has carbon fiber panel and SRS airbag steering. It also has this unique colour, i think it's called galaxy green and very few 97 and 98 models have it.

The 97 model for 1.6 has ABS too.

zedz

Known Member
Jul 13, 2004
yes. my Satria have front strut bars and its written Proton on it.

I do agree with you Silverwave. I've seen alot of Satria have airbag steering and its not even UK Spec. I think the only difference between local spec and UK spec are the MPH speedo meter and the aircond panel. The rest are the same.

But i've heard that UK spec's chasis is thicker than local one because UK have this strict rules about chasis rigidity. But thats only by hearsay.. no confirmation from Proton people.

ephique74

Known Member
May 20, 2007
Mine did had a thicker body. But dunno y proton dont want to put it officially on their brochures.. fishy~

loose_end

3,000 RPM
Jul 29, 2009
Malaysia
Swt , 97 and 98 got so much of additional function..My 03 only got a few of it..Sob..Thanks guys for helping me out..:adore:

ephique74

Known Member
May 20, 2007
Representing all members to say "no prob". :proud:

silverwave

Known Member
Nov 25, 2005
yes. my Satria have front strut bars and its written Proton on it.

I do agree with you Silverwave. I've seen alot of Satria have airbag steering and its not even UK Spec. I think the only difference between local spec and UK spec are the MPH speedo meter and the aircond panel. The rest are the same.

But i've heard that UK spec's chasis is thicker than local one because UK have this strict rules about chasis rigidity. But thats only by hearsay.. no confirmation from Proton people.
I heard bout the body being thicker too and it has smtg to do with UK rules. Btw, when we purchase the car do they write whether it's local specs or UK specs?

I really wish my mum bought the 1.6GLi/1.6XLi in 97 because it has a lot of extra features(mostly minor ones but still cool). :biggrin:

ephique74

Known Member
May 20, 2007
I heard bout the body being thicker too and it has smtg to do with UK rules. Btw, when we purchase the car do they write whether it's local specs or UK specs?

I really wish my mum bought the 1.6GLi/1.6XLi in 97 because it has a lot of extra features(mostly minor ones but still cool). :biggrin:
Whether its a local or UK spec, it's a mystery... Or you can look at the chassis number. Not sure about that one though =S

Early Satria's especially the 1.6's do have a lot of features. :proud:

ham_m2

500 RPM
Feb 9, 2007
Klang/KL
www.friendster.com
Hello Guys..

I don't understand the first one about the MPH and KMH..sorry

I don't have any winter buttons

I do have the carbon fiber like panel

I don't have any airbags any the steering is 3 spokes..

Haha , Seems to be My "Fake" Satria UK Spec..:mad:

Bump: Does local spec satria comes with a front strut bar ?..
year 03/04 dont have uk spec satria if im not mistaken la bro...only 96/97...:hmmmm:

ephique74

Known Member
May 20, 2007
oyeke~? mine was 96/97..

loose_end

3,000 RPM
Jul 29, 2009
Malaysia
year 03/04 dont have uk spec satria if im not mistaken la bro...only 96/97...:hmmmm:
Haha..oh okay..kena tipu already..anyways , the previous owner converted to 96/97 ah ??..for the carbon look panels ?..

ham_m2

500 RPM
Feb 9, 2007
Klang/KL
www.friendster.com
yeah...the carbon looks panel can be converted by buying it from any accessories shop...
on year 96/97/98 like that got lots of wira n satria being sent to UK...that time,wira that were sent to uk call Proton Persona...Only satria name remain the same if im not mistaken...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

The Malaysian leg of the 2011 Asia Pacific Rally Championship (APRC) gets underway this weekend and Proton is aiming for a strong showing there to gain a firm foothold for the rest of their 2011 APRC campaign.

Proton will be fielding two Satria Neo S2000 rally cars at the Rally of Malaysia over the weekend of 1-3 April with former World Rally Championship (WRC) driver Alister McRae and Chris...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience