Lubang @ the Gear console, how to seal?

arrowhead

Aug 20, 2004
Damansara/PJ
ok, my topic perhaps is abit out, but let me try to explain. previously was driving an auto car, then now converted to manual, so there's the hole at the gear console (on the chassis). avantech did cover up for me, but they used the thin aluminum foil + silicone glue. it worked fine.

but lately, i notice my left foot feels hot again. can feel the hot air sipping in.

how or where should i go to get it sealed for good. i was thinking of exhaust shop, since they do welding. but would also like to know the estimated cost for it.

any other recommendation?

i heard from someone before, i can BUY that "cover" from honda. they use that "cover" to cover that hole when they produce the manual version. got such thing ah?

driving a civic EJ8 btw.

thanks you and happy xmas.

drewn123

Known Member
Dec 13, 2005
err... where bro???:hmmmm::hmmmm::hmmmm:

I also converted to manual when doin engine transplant, ald 1yr + since then. So can't understand wat u r saying.

arrowhead

Aug 20, 2004
Damansara/PJ
auto gear linkage, the hole is further up front as compared to the manual gear linkage (or is it the other way round) so there's definitely a hole after conversion, unless ur foremen closed it for u. well, mine did, but the job wasn't good hence i still feel heat at my foot.

drewn123

Known Member
Dec 13, 2005
ic... i guess they seal it up for me cuz never felt hot on my left foot...:biggrin:

Simple solutions, send back to the workshop tat u done ur conversion...

F**k them up and down, then ask them to do a better job again... the best would be FOC. LOL

lightningfield

2,000 RPM
Dec 29, 2004
Johor Bahru
www.ef-honda.com
ooooo......aluminium foil oso can use on car isit? i tot for barbecue and sandwich only hehehh. no wonder it goes off after sumtimes...its best if you weld that part instead of squashing silicones.

Last edited:

super fei lo

1,000 RPM
Sep 4, 2007
engine oil plastic casing, cut to size, silicone(u need xtra for this).

its tougher than u thought.
no smell, high heat resistant, best thing its recycleable. :banghead:

go green bro

arrowhead

Aug 20, 2004
Damansara/PJ
engine oil plastic casing, cut to size, silicone(u need xtra for this).

its tougher than u thought.
no smell, high heat resistant, best thing its recycleable. :banghead:

go green bro
hmmm this sounds like a damn good solution. but confirm the heat wont go thru? ok i have a general question, the heat coming thru can be the silicone glue not done properly, and also the heat penetrates the aluminium foil yes?

akuma

3,000 RPM
Jul 16, 2005
Kuantan
crower75,
wats wrong w fabricated parts?cheap is still good tho its not d best!hahahahha

arrowhead

Aug 20, 2004
Damansara/PJ
Bro arrowhead, Jin's solution is by far.....the most sensible solution to your problem. Go and inquire about the price & method of putting it into place. Get a peace of mind by using parts FOR Honda rather than fabricated parts FOR Honda.

geeeezzzz..........
i think i will. nothing beats reliability as compared to oem parts imo

arrowhead

Aug 20, 2004
Damansara/PJ
jin taiko, pm u bo reply geh? wanna know the price for that original panel u mentioned. or anyone else here knows whats it called hahaha