Hari Raya Sepang Open Trackday - 8/12/08

subcon

1,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2005
Turn 5
I'd love to come, I have to work! just down the road also. Maybe I'll bring the jet car to work and maybe I can sneak out for a couple of hrs for a few laps.

The machine is ready to go also... I'll be bummed if I miss out..Talk of another one later in the month?? How about Jan??

Rgds,
Turn1
good to hear your car is set and ready to go andy!

there will be another session of open track day on 28th december if im not mistaken. i'll update here once i have the confirmation!

so no big deal if you miss this one out!

blue.taxi

Known Member
Nov 27, 2006
turn1,
Sure like to see ur A31 power down on the SIC track!!???

James,
it is not in utube... keep it in the HDD.

Last edited:

Turn1

Known Member
Apr 27, 2008
I passed on track day sorry due to pouring rain all day at Sepang, I'm interested to know what is was like for those who paid the money for a wet session?
What were the track conditions, times, grip levels, crowd/traffic etc.

Of course today it is clear and perfect for track.
Oh well next time I hope to make it.

Rgds,
Turn 1

blue.taxi

Known Member
Nov 27, 2006
yeap, the track is all wet & water in the braking point. Grip levels will be ~ 5/10 then later the rain stop u get ~ 6/10. crowd is good lots of ppl/cars turn out but no many ppl join the run.

Also in the early state hv 2 SG cars spin out... may be the rain really too heavy for us. 1 of them seem hurt bad @ the front.

my tyre pres., also need to run on the low 30 PSI.

but the RA-R & MINI seem to enjoy himself in the wet track!!! haha...

Last edited:

subcon

1,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2005
Turn 5
i'm always feeling uncomfortable when tracking on a wet circuit!!:biggrin: If the downpour is really heavy, we can have water ponding here and there...

akuma

3,000 RPM
Jul 16, 2005
Kuantan
well,if u ask me...i hafta thank d rain......or else my brake pads won last d entire session......ngam ngam last lap,my EBC Red Stuffs TOTALLY GONE!!!......drove back 2 Shah Alam by dropping gears DAMN far away whn approaching toll n yank on d handbrake!hahahahahah

dat GT-R...i want ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Turn1

Known Member
Apr 27, 2008
I'm surprised to hear you all had such a good time in the wet!! Did anyone run semi slick tyres?
The Cefiro has almost new semi's and they are not much chop in the wet, pretty dangerous actually! I'm interested to know if they get better with a bit of heat in them.
Let's hope that it's clear for the next track day and we can really take some meat off our tyres and brakes.
What type of car was it that crashed??

akuma

3,000 RPM
Jul 16, 2005
Kuantan
d only time i REMEMBERED 2 time myself,i managed a miserable 3.15 only.........

bluetaxi,
Yellow?oreder liau....no stock nia..8 weeks only come....mine special size..oredy usinv Brembo in front on my 980kg car..ahahahahah

Last edited:

julianpang

500 RPM
Mar 15, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
Visit site
It was a fun wet day. During the heavy rain, I could see a stream of water running across the track right before turn 9. It was very slippery and the car's tail was ever ready to step out.

Tyre wear was minimal in the wet surface and so is the brake pad. However, I still ran my pads down to the metal coz I didnt check my pads before the track day. Next time, I will sure remember to check the pads. My pads finished during the 2nd hour and had to hitch rides with friends.

I "flew" out of turn 1 due to my brake pads.... hahahahah.

akuma

3,000 RPM
Jul 16, 2005
Kuantan
julian,
aisey..4got 2 snap d pic of my worn out Red Stuffs.....exactly like urs too..TOTALLY gone!i did check my pads b4 track day..but der's nothg i can do..8 weeks 4 new stock 2 come...serves me right 4 preserving my 1989 ol junk!hahahahhahaa