Absorber Height Inquiry

arrowhead

Aug 20, 2004
Damansara/PJ
To all absorber sifu. I have this WEIRD issue with mine. I drive a civic EJ8 (4 door) and i am using GAB HA (Hi/Low) adjustables which I bought from Kakimotor sunway.

My rear is set to 2 finger gap, between tire and fender. My issue is that, my left side (passenger side) is always slightly lower than my right. I tried increasing the height only on the left side, after putting the car back on the road, same thing. As of this moment, my left side, if u see the height from the absorber itself, left higher by approx 1 inch as compared to the right. BUT when the car is on the road, the left is still lower. :hmmmm:

why is that so? i've considered other factors such as uneven roads and such, but i'm in my house and i'm damn sure its even. certain places they are equal (2 finger each) while certain place they are not.

my left, 2 fingers abit hard to go in, probably can go in 1/4 of the fingers while my right side, 2 fingers just slide thru.

please help. :bawling::bawling:

clanzkiller

1,000 RPM
Oct 31, 2006
LOL...same like mine la zzz..

i'm driving satria..
mine is back left side higher...so adjusted the left absorber (loosen it more) to make both height equal...

tumpang ask...is there any cons if the absorber spring height is set non-equally ?
i understand if the spring rate loosen more, the absorber gona be more soft...if tighten, become hard...but is there any consequences of inequally height ?

8216ks

Known Member
Aug 5, 2008
same with me bro.... my rear one is higher than the other!!!! DONT KNOW Y!!!! BUT is there diff if the height is diff???? do u feel your ride is alittle more bouncy on highway!!! using the same type of adjustables!!!:mad::mad::banghead::banghead:!!! on a putra!!!

To all absorber sifu. I have this WEIRD issue with mine. I drive a civic EJ8 (4 door) and i am using GAB HA (Hi/Low) adjustables which I bought from Kakimotor sunway.

My rear is set to 2 finger gap, between tire and fender. My issue is that, my left side (passenger side) is always slightly lower than my right. I tried increasing the height only on the left side, after putting the car back on the road, same thing. As of this moment, my left side, if u see the height from the absorber itself, left higher by approx 1 inch as compared to the right. BUT when the car is on the road, the left is still lower. :hmmmm:

why is that so? i've considered other factors such as uneven roads and such, but i'm in my house and i'm damn sure its even. certain places they are equal (2 finger each) while certain place they are not.

my left, 2 fingers abit hard to go in, probably can go in 1/4 of the fingers while my right side, 2 fingers just slide thru.

please help. :bawling::bawling:

arrowhead

Aug 20, 2004
Damansara/PJ
wow.. thought its only me... apparently all of u guys also having same problem.. unfortunately, i'm quite a perfectionist, so it bothers me tremendously...

no one have a solution to help us 3 souls?

8216ks

Known Member
Aug 5, 2008
wow.. thought its only me... apparently all of u guys also having same problem.. unfortunately, i'm quite a perfectionist, so it bothers me tremendously...

no one have a solution to help us 3 souls?
ya.... help us calling all sifu is this matter!!!!! so am i bro it just irrate me!!! bodering me all the time!! i have set set the height so many time!!! more than 10 i guess!!! and it still not solve!!!:banghead::banghead::banghead:

arrowhead

Aug 20, 2004
Damansara/PJ
me too. i set the lower one higher, but when my car is back on the ground, its still lower.. WTF? :confused:

GoldenHawk

500 RPM
Aug 6, 2004
Tried looking at the absorber mounts, both top & bottom? Are both level & in good condition?
The problem might lie in the mounts themselves...

arrowhead

Aug 20, 2004
Damansara/PJ
Tried looking at the absorber mounts, both top & bottom? Are both level & in good condition?
The problem might lie in the mounts themselves...
i was told about this. i will get it checked this coming week. any other issues that can cause such problems?

BoxCarRacer

500 RPM
May 7, 2008
Johor Bahru
I have the same problem with my Neo. I noticed it after a couple of weeks using it. My rear driver side is actually lower than the rear passange side. Went to COE & was told it was normal. Then I decided to changed the coils to Tanabe springs while replacing both rear absorber to brand new stock one but the problem still occurs. :banghead:

I suspect the mounting but upon checking, its ok. Could it be the car chassis "sudah lari"?

jeffayn

500 RPM
Mar 27, 2004
Klang
yes , it is normal for one side being little lower than the other side, especialy the driver side. This is because for most car, the engine is actually little on the right hand side or a car, or driver side of a car.

so when you put in the suspension, you will notice the driver side always lowered abit....

nowadays, a lot of better made suspension has compensate the diff for this prob.

arrowhead

Aug 20, 2004
Damansara/PJ
jeffayn : if thats the case, ur theory does not work for me cuz my lower side is the passenger side. hahhaha

i think its my mounting. will get it replaced soon and then perhaps i will update u guys.

jwmwong

Dec 5, 2008
i wonder if it would be balanced once someone gets into the driver side then u compare the height difference? i have seen many cars do this. any comments?

Mar 21, 2008
Then you just tighten your driver side slightly.

I am using HWL Hi-Lo now, what I have learnt years ago by a friend, actually you SHOULD tighten the driver side front suspension harder, coz when you are racing, you have to calculate your own driver-load (your own body weight). When you alight off your car, your front-right of your car should be higher than the other 3 points.

You just need to trial-error adjusting your suspension, especially using HI-LO....Buy a 60 bucks mini 2-tonne jack, and DIY on one fine day when u really free, all your efforts will be paid off once u got the right setting.....

I personally have numerous times of jacking up the car n tuned my suspension, I think more than 8 times! haha

:driver:

btw, GAB sucks a big time! Tien is good, TITAN is perfect.....1 cent, 1 quality

arrowhead

Aug 20, 2004
Damansara/PJ
well diff ppl have diff preference. some say GAB is quite decent, some say it sucks, some say its ok... some say HWL sucks... and the list goes on. i think it all comes down to preference and most importantly, budget.

my budget, i could only get GAB or HWL. I've tried HWL and so i decided to try GAB's instead. its ok for me so far, street use that is. haven't been on track tho.

Last edited:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

If you look at the back page of The Sun on 16 August, can you count how many people are involved in the creation of Persona? 306! I was thinking like only 1 person...... and his/her job is to design it longer.

Joke! need so many people to make a car longer! Take a hike Proton!
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience