EK or EG Front Cross Member

Venzonic

Apr 14, 2007
Hi mates, I have a EJ Hatch which have EG6 engine transplanted completely with the EG6 Front Cross Member when I got it.

Currently, the front bushing set were worn out; so I am thinking of replace it.
However the mechanic advised me to swap my EG Fr. Cross Member to the EK Fr. Cross Member for better handling. But I'm not sure how true is his statement.

Hence, can any expert here kindly advise me on what are the pros and cons of using
1) EG Fr. Cross Member on EJ Chassis
2) EK Fr. Cross Member on EJ Chassis
pls....

By the way, is there any different between EK & EK9 Fr. Cross Member?

Thanks a lot for ur advice in advance..Cheers!

greyrex

Known Member
Mar 1, 2004
Georgetown
www.teamcrx.tk
I"m not too sure on ek's crossmember but if it's just an original swap,i reckon it will have lots of differences.Unless if you opt for the traction bar like epsracing or fullrace bar.Cheers!

guangek9

8,000 RPM
May 7, 2008
my opinion...

better change the ek9 bro...coz u clasis is ek...

crossmember eg is not same with ek...

but the crossmember ek and ek9r is same..just the antiroll bar and stering rack difren...

Venzonic

Apr 14, 2007
Thanks a lot dudes-greyrex & guangek9 for ur opinion.

By the way, do I need to change the Upper & Lower Arm to adopt EK crossmember? What else do I need if I wanna use EK crossmember?

The ek crossmember is larger than the eg one in term of size & cross section area, so it suppose to hv higher torsional stiffness. However, I don't hv the detail spec of them such as material, material thickness, torsional stiffness & etc. Moreover, I don't know whether both crossmember will hv the same engine mounting position, which will affect the center of gravity and ground clearance. So, I can't compare them. Hence, I would like to know what are the pros & cons of both crossmember.
May be some members here hv experienced it b4, so they can tell us from their experience.

Experts here please kindly clarify my doubt. Cheers!

KaiKon

Known Member
Aug 19, 2006
I'm driving EG.changed the front cross member to dc2r, inclusive,lower arm,upper arm,steering rack,cost me rm600.significant changes in handling.cornering are sharper and stability increases.
My point is, if you're driving an EK, i suggest you to upgrade to EK9s cross member. definitely will feel the difference!

After that been said, your car handling still depends on a lot of factor.e.g abs,tires,bar etc
Hope this helps.

Venzonic

Apr 14, 2007
Hi :itsme: bro KaiKon, how about ur anti-roll bar? Upgrade to DC2R as well?
RM600 including all items u listed above? including anti-roll bar? where u got it?
Cheers!

KaiKon

Known Member
Aug 19, 2006
inclusive dc2r anti roll bar..yes. a lot forumer here selling complete set crossmember.
you can try avantech.sure has a lot of crossmember.
Enjoi !

Venzonic

Apr 14, 2007
Hi bro KaiKon, avantech is a forumer or workshop? how to contact him?

Beside of the crossmember, antiroll bar, steering rack and lower control arm; what else do i need to change to fully convert the front undercarriage from eg6 to ek9 on ej body?

by the way do u hv any idea of the labour charge for this type of swapping?

thanks a lot bro:adore:..i really appreciate ur help.....cheers!

KaiKon

Known Member
Aug 19, 2006
"Beside of the crossmember, antiroll bar, steering rack and lower control arm; what else do i need to change to fully convert the front undercarriage from eg6 to ek9 on ej body?"..i'm not really sure bro..sorry.

Rm600 should include labour charge.any more than that is expensive alrdy.could get cheaper.
good luck!

Bump: "Beside of the crossmember, antiroll bar, steering rack and lower control arm; what else do i need to change to fully convert the front undercarriage from eg6 to ek9 on ej body?"..i'm not really sure bro..sorry.

Rm600 should include labour charge.any more than that is expensive alrdy.could get cheaper.
good luck!

Venzonic

Apr 14, 2007
Hi bro KaiKon, avantech is a forumer or workshop? how to contact him?:confused:

U get urs there?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

The price of cars in Malaysia may not go any lower if the government removes the various duties imposed on imported automobiles, said International Trade and Industry Deputy Minister Jacob Dungau Sagan.

He said there are various factors that are outside of the government's control in determining the price of imported cars, such as component prices and foreign exchange rates.

“Reduction of duties...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience