gtr34 puncture tyre?

zohan

Aug 21, 2008
i went to a workshop today and i found out from the mechanic that r34's tyre cant be changed by a normal car jack if we experience puncture tyre in the middle of the road. is that true? and i got a real shock today when i found out underneath both the front tyres where usually we place our car jack were heavily bent inward. r34 do not have reinforce steel for car jack. it will be a nightmare if we experience puncture tyre in the highway.

zohan

Aug 21, 2008
if that were all the jacking points so it wont be any problem if i try to place my normal jack in any of the point? by the way darkchild, that picture wasnt it an r33?

DarkChild

1,000 RPM
Nov 16, 2003
Kuala Lumpur
*laughs* "A picture is worth a thousand words..."
Russ has just explained everything without saying a thing. :adore:

Driftmeister

500 RPM
Jun 17, 2005
KL
LOL...there goes one RT615. That spanner surely must have come from your last workshop...kekeke

wideawake

Known Member
Nov 17, 2003
Visit site
When you use the jack that comes from the car, it will be okay since the jack has proper grooves to fit the seam.

When the tyre shop guy comes with the workshop trolley jack, and jacks it up at those points, wont the seam be bent? I know mine has been bent a lot!!!!

BTW, my car is not a GTR, just an old banger Nissan... but safe to say that it happens on all cars....

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
sorry to say most of the tyre shop workers didn't bother to check and locate the jack-up point b4 changing tyres. My car's sill oso bent inward due to that.
The worker didn't tell me when it was damaged, until I changed my own punctured tyres. really blardy these ppl.

That is why I have low regards to these "kim moh" workers at tyre shop.

russwestwood

500 RPM
Feb 14, 2006
ofloveandcarbonfibre.blogspot.com
I think what Zohan meant was that the mechanic noticed that the jacking rails have been bent behind his front tires. To say the tyres cant be changed is untrue, of course u can change the tyres. Perhaps if the rails are bent, it makes it a bit dodgy as the jack might slide off.

Hehe, the blardy spanned came from Jalan Ampang from a Modenas Kris.. as thats what was engraved on the bloody thing, but im keeping it for good luck. I call it the 6000 ringgit spanner!:mad:

eyong

4,000 RPM
Feb 20, 2006
Hehe, the blardy spanned came from Jalan Ampang from a Modenas Kris.. as thats what was engraved on the bloody thing, but im keeping it for good luck. I call it the 6000 ringgit spanner!:mad:
Looks like somebody really want to do a "number" on you. Highly unlikely for a spanner on the ground to poke through tires as they would normally rest flat on the sides. This is usually used when someone really want to destroy tires as nails would be easily fixed or not have immediate effect. Great instinct to change your tire at a petrol station as if you did it on the roadside, some dudes may be waiting for you from behind :listen:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Engine Oil Leak Classified as 2 Section

Leaking , Or Comsume into Piston .

Leaking

1. Firstly to check is whether there's Engine oil Stain at Bottom of engine (aka Oil Sump) , place where engine oil keep inside . If it's Terribly Wet , means there's Serious Leak. Or you can Put a Newspaper / cardboard at bottom of your car . But this Not applicable for Small Leak , hard to be seen.

2. Next is to Check Which part Have the leaking . Classified to 2 parts . Upper part...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience