Super Carbon Skyline

DarkChild

1,000 RPM
Nov 16, 2003
Kuala Lumpur
Carbon fiber not used tastefully is an eyesore. Just because it's carbon fiber doesn't mean it's better. Some are actually much heavier adding weight instead of making things lighter. Fitment of these items are questionable too if they are not made properly. It has become more of a cosmetic modification than something functional. I have seen the products used on this car and I have to say, I was very disappointed. I guess you get what you pay for. :burnout:

kaminari

1,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
Taiping
AGREED wth Darkchild! ... Worse if both functional and cosmetic look not satisfy.I knw a lot local product comes wth wavvy lining and fragile

cmng

3,000 RPM
Nov 17, 2003
Visit site
CF if not matched well with the car colour,
it will look like a car just banged in front and got money to change the bodypart
but no money to repaint it
:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

4Gseries

1,000 RPM
Oct 2, 2005
only the for those interested on car only will know how to enjoy this kind of car,some ppl like to make up their car,some like engine performance,some like sound system everyone got their own interest,anytime take out 20 over k buy cosmetic i dont think everyone can do it,ppl just simply show some pics to all the forumers to enjoy but someone just spoil the thread with the urgly words,if u dont like or jeolous pls work harder so that ppl can make it u guys also can make it ok

rogz

Known Member
Mar 7, 2006
"Beauty Is At The Eye Of The Beholder" ... Carbon Fibre can be ugly for a non car enthusiate .. FOr what i know if i have a car like that i would be proud coz wherever i go it will make head turns and not 180 degrees but until 360 degrees.
We should respect the owner for investing so much $$ and time in his car and indirectly bringing our car modifying scene to higher level.

DarkChild

1,000 RPM
Nov 16, 2003
Kuala Lumpur
Yes, beauty is definitely in the eye of the beholder. So why get upset if there are people out there who don't share your opinion.

I drive a loaded V-Spec II Nur and RussWestwood drives a 2.8ltr HKS GTRS V-Spec mapped Nezuka san of Duke Japan so believe me when I say we are not jealous. We are definately car enthusiast and we have enough money to indulge in our hobby and luxury. We both carry plenty of carbon fiber and carbon kevlar parts. Make sure you know who you're talking to when you say things like that.

I am just stating the obvious as I have seen those parts and they are not well made. They don't fit well and some are heavier than the original items. That defeats the point of having carbon fiber/kevlar which is supposed to make things lighter and stronger not the other way around. That is why I said it has become more of a cosmetic modification than anything else.

RM20,000 for that bodykit is cheap if you ask me. Many FRP kits from Japan cost as much or even more. Try getting a carbon kit from Japan and you will know what I mean when I say you get for what you pay for.

If you put pictures up to show off a car, expect to have constructive comments and some critisisms. If you cannot accept that, then don't put up anything.

Cheers

Last edited:

farizio

Known Member
Nov 26, 2007
KL
well said. money can't buy taste. but it sure can buy a lot of carbon fibre ahahaha

Driftmeister

500 RPM
Jun 17, 2005
KL
I cannot imagine if the car got hit from a side impact, probably will shatter like glass. Kinda dangerous. Dry carbon is much stronger but wet carbon is definitely a no-no.

DRFT_240sx

Nov 15, 2003
only the for those interested on car only will know how to enjoy this kind of car,some ppl like to make up their car,some like engine performance,some like sound system everyone got their own interest,anytime take out 20 over k buy cosmetic i dont think everyone can do it,ppl just simply show some pics to all the forumers to enjoy but someone just spoil the thread with the urgly words,if u dont like or jeolous pls work harder so that ppl can make it u guys also can make it ok
Time after time newcomers like yourself just make the veterans laugh and could not resist to hold back from posting back in a thread.

Let's make it plain and simple in point form if it is too complicated for you to understand

• Modding car tastefully and functionally is one thing , showing off that you have carbon just because it is "carbon fiber" is totally unacceptable and over-rated. Do you guys even know the main purpose and how does the material work in regards to torsional rigidity and forces in respect to another similar material with the same weight. I guess you don't , stop watching Tokyo Drift or Too fast Too Furious , it doesn't do you any good.
  • As with the entire modding scene in KL , the flashy type where it is ALL SHOW , NO GO. Just to attract attention ? just to make heads turn? Gee Grow up will ya.
  • It's with how these kind of modification that gives the whole industry a bad name ( especially with the uneducated crowd that knows 10% but as if they already know how to tune a freaking aircraft) that I think people who knew better should chime in and contribute what they think. * It's an open forum anyway*
This car is over-done , ugly. plain and simple. It's my opinion , if you don't like it. go do this :banghead:

DRFT_240sx

Nov 15, 2003
"Beauty Is At The Eye Of The Beholder" ... Carbon Fibre can be ugly for a non car enthusiate .. FOr what i know if i have a car like that i would be proud coz wherever i go it will make head turns and not 180 degrees but until 360 degrees.
We should respect the owner for investing so much $$ and time in his car and indirectly bringing our car modifying scene to higher level.
This has to be the funniest statement ever , so only a car enthusiast thinks carbon fiber are beautiful? and other non car enthusiast thinks its ugly?

The only reason why we said it's ugly

• craftsmanship ( it's laid and manufactured poorly)
  • I bet it's only a surface layer to show the weave ( and there is a total of 8 different types of weaves)
  • I've been in the composite research LAB for the US gov for 3 years manufacturing , testing and validating composite materials( unlike you guys who just know how to use carbon fiber this , carbon fiber that. Why don't you stick on on your forehead to say you have a carbon fiber brain) for air crafts.
If you like people turning head so much , I guess you'd be in the same crowd like those " oh i have a turbo car with BOV , come look at me" ignorant "car enthusiast"

BLaCkHoWLiNG

'(^^)|Most Awesome Member
Nov 14, 2003
PJ
www.autojunctions.com
Dude, please be aware of who u are addressing these words to. They can afford things that u and i both just dream off.

kaminari

1,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
Taiping
No hard feeling bro,

It`s a forum,some comment made to improve and educate ppl.It`s improper to said ppl here can`t afford...as it`s in the Skyline Club forum which most member here owning the car itself.

As info, carbon bonnet also a dangerous parts as it would not absorb shock and can chop off ur windscreen.Ppl interest sometimes does sound like JUMP into deep ravine.

cmng

3,000 RPM
Nov 17, 2003
Visit site
a non proper CF bonet can kill you.
not say kill you
can slice off your head when you have accident

rogz

Known Member
Mar 7, 2006
Pls guys dun get me wrong .. i am not saying that u guys cant afford but i was merely expressing my opinion that i like what the owner did to his car ...
Why i put up the post is to share ...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Things might be top of the stakes for their production cars with the 1M Coupe on the way as well as the brand new F10 M5 but on the circuit it’s a bleak affair for BMW, having broken many hearts by leaving the Formula One circuit at the end of last season. The trend continues as they have just announced that they’re pulling out their...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience