Gen2

revfast

Known Member
Nov 20, 2003
Selangor
Visit site
Proton established since 1985, The ''Most" Champion cars are WAJA and recent GEN 2... Yeah, you are the ''best ever'' MAS quality product, Keep going Proton, Keep PROTECTING Your PROTON, because you are still a young "20" year old infant...

WTF, use 20 years R&D to score 1 out 5? Totally cant acceptable...!!! :angry: :angry: :angry:, You see how people build their hyundai, Holden etc. ATLEAST better than you...!!! :angry: :angry:

Some more IMPOSE higher tax on those imported car, WHAT for? BECAUSE, It lies to the consumer, PROTON still very "cheap" ma...

Yeah, your statement is, ''Proton still need protection, because there are not enough strong to compete in the market ''... GOOD, Proton BOLEH...!!

minivan

1,500 RPM
Jun 11, 2004
BBBangi/KL
Visit site
Don't Buy any new proton.... let them "gulung tikar"

.... short term, "sakit laa" for certain people, but its better off for the entire nation in the long run....

glee

Known Member
Originally posted by edgar_raphael@Jan 31 2005, 11:35
malaysian cars were never liked by australian, dunno why.
its not that malaysian cars are not like by the aussies.. its just that the car is priced similarly to other brands like toyota, and honda..etc. if you lived in australia, and you compare the interior build quality of the 3 brands, which would you buy?

anyways.. in ref to that article. "But our Gen 2's list of sore points would test anyone who had shelled out 20 grand. The front passenger's exterior door handle was stiff and required a good yank to operate"

funny thing is, i've sat in 3 different gen2's in KL, and they all have the same problem above, its probably a manufacturing jig problem. so all the cars come out with the same fault.. but somehow, never gets caught by QC.. hmmm..

si|verfish

5,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2004
PJ
If I lived in Australia, I would rather eat the 20 grand than buy a Proton. But because we live in Malaysia, we've got to live with substandard crap thanks to Proton and thanks to the government.

si|verfish

5,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2004
PJ
Originally posted by Gh0sT@Jan 31 2005, 15:20
and to think that here in malaysia we have the lower spec model than those being tested overseas
Yup, this fact takes the cake all the time. Even if I could swallow the fact that its crap because its "cheap" and I can live with the stupid price because of the stupid taxes, but my TNT detonates when I think that not only are we paying "more" we get "less" than foreigners.

revfast

Known Member
Nov 20, 2003
Selangor
Visit site
If the Gen 2 sells 14k In Australia, yeah it is cheap and consider economical car, thus logically it has reasonable rating, but now is 18k....

In Australia with 18k, you can even own a Hyundai Elantra, Honda Jazz Vti, used Skyline Gts 32,33, Lancer, Daihatshu Sirion 1.3 VTiR or even used Camry...!!

Proton, pls give some responsibility on what you are selling in the market, scamming malaysian consumer cant forever let yourself to survive in the world trade market.

Even thought I used to a Proton loyal fans, but definately not Waja or Gen 2... sigh.... :( :(

WAKE UP <<<... PROTON...>>>!!

DJ-EVO3

Known Member
Sep 25, 2004
Sri hatamas
Visit site
Originally posted by si|verfish@Jan 31 2005, 11:46
Here's the rundown on why I hate Proton.

1) Shit overall quality.
2) Shit service.
3) Jackass tax structure which makes them more "affordable" compared to foreign cars.
4) Sold in other countries for less.
5) Sold in other countries better equiped.

Bravo Proton! Now I know how to do business. Sell shit products with less extras for a higher price to your own ppl. Sell shit products with a lot more extras for a lower price to others.
That's sad... and I knew it quite long ago that Proton sells it much cheaper

to other countries than Malaysia with better options...

We have no choice... for poor people like us..

I can't afford to buy cars from Korea or Japan..(I don even need to mention
about German cars ;) it's far far away from me)

pdj1103

Known Member
Sep 10, 2004
Visit site
if proton added all the safety features into our car models,the fact is the accident rate wont deteriorate,so why waste the technologies for nothing??? <_< :lol:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

for references n info.....taken from Micra sites....any ones??? :D

This is a simple mod that you can do to every stock micra.
You will notice a better response and better acceleration.
Parts needed:
Aluminium tape
+- 1M of 60mm flexible paper tube.

1. isolate whit aluminium tape the air filter box ,in and out, this will create colder air box.
2. extend the flexible tube to the front grill , take him out and isolate whit aluminium tape .
3. that’s it!

since aluminium tape...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience