good to go?almost a 10yr ol car now..next yr there wont
be anymore loan..so pls advise..kinda tempted on the
one in the forum,does anyone knows of the car pls?thanks
buy if:-

- u r rich n RM200k is not a matter to u
- this is your second car
- u r used to the maintainence of performance car
- u have tons of budget for mod if u r mod kaki

if not any of the above, pls dont buy coz u will create a headache to yourself. my experience.

matshah

500 RPM
Jul 11, 2008
when ur buying super car
-look for mod that been made/spent
-performance parts/acc
that will decide t value price from t base price

Normally for super car like gtr u cannot value it base frm market price but from mod been made..
u cannot ask used car dealer for price coz they won't value the modifications(only some la)

if worrying so much about secondhand value for it,my advice is dun buy
coz satisfaction/feeling/driving gtr is more more valueable...

at t end it depend on how big yr budget is...juz my 2 cent

eyong

4,000 RPM
Feb 20, 2006
Exactly on what some of the sifu's mentioned :adore:

My thoughts:

It's about the Passion, not about fuel consumption and maintenance like most GTR-wannabe owners are concern of ...

mj_23

Known Member
Jun 30, 2005
Singapore
www.skylineclub.org
To me, buying a R34 skyline now is the pure love and passion for the car.

If you want to buy it, you better be a big skyline fan. Cos maintaining it is confirm more expensive as no matters what, this car is already almost 10 years. Wear and tear is part and parcel of owning this car. If FC is even an consideration, don't even bother looking at this car. Cos this car is really a good drinker. At stock form for an ER34, best FC is 10km/l on very very very light foot. But if you wanna save on FC and go that light foot, you will be better off with a 1.6L. The 1.6L will probably be faster and yet better FC than the super light footed R34.

To buy a modded or stock R34, its all personal preference. Buy a modded one and you save the time and money to mod it. Buy a stock one and you enjoy the process of modding it to what you want. I will prefer a stock unit.

Maintenance wise, average out I will say about RM800 to RM1200 a month. For servicing, tyres and replacing wear and tear parts. Especially on the wear and tears on this Godzila. Tons of parts can just wear out without warning. And if you wanna mod it further, it all depend on how much is your budget. Modding this car is almost limitless. After owning this car for 5 years, I am still learning more about this car and how moddable it is. Every time you google it, you will find new things and new knowledge.

Above is just my 0.02 cent thought.

raptorie54

500 RPM
Jul 18, 2004
tokyo autolink
Visit site
To me, buying a R34 skyline now is the pure love and passion for the car.

If you want to buy it, you better be a big skyline fan. Cos maintaining it is confirm more expensive as no matters what, this car is already almost 10 years. Wear and tear is part and parcel of owning this car. If FC is even an consideration, don't even bother looking at this car. Cos this car is really a good drinker. At stock form for an ER34, best FC is 10km/l on very very very light foot. But if you wanna save on FC and go that light foot, you will be better off with a 1.6L. The 1.6L will probably be faster and yet better FC than the super light footed R34.

To buy a modded or stock R34, its all personal preference. Buy a modded one and you save the time and money to mod it. Buy a stock one and you enjoy the process of modding it to what you want. I will prefer a stock unit.

Maintenance wise, average out I will say about RM800 to RM1200 a month. For servicing, tyres and replacing wear and tear parts. Especially on the wear and tears on this Godzila. Tons of parts can just wear out without warning. And if you wanna mod it further, it all depend on how much is your budget. Modding this car is almost limitless. After owning this car for 5 years, I am still learning more about this car and how moddable it is. Every time you google it, you will find new things and new knowledge.

Above is just my 0.02 cent thought.
bro, is your ride a ER34 or BNR34?

calvintys

Known Member
Sep 24, 2004
klang
bro, is your ride a ER34 or BNR34?
I agree with it, my bnr34 is my third skyline and i am in love with it, but if you are worry about fc, stay away from skyline else this car engine is just like truck engine, ask the Australian tuner, they will give you the idea. As for the parts, yeah they are not cheap on BNR but if ER is much cheaper. My Disk rotor just wear off and i am on the market for a brand new set. Start from 2k for a ordinary rotor to 15K rotor plus caliper. (BMW ordinary rotor only cost RM500).

Then my camber kit start from RM500to 2k depent on what you after and i have to import myself if i am after the budget RM500 type whiteline. (BMW only cost RM400)

This will give you some clue if u are after a BNR34. Also DONT WORRY ABOUT LOOKING FOR SECOND PARTS, it is tooooooooooooooo rare to find.

Cheers
Calvin

cmng

3,000 RPM
Nov 17, 2003
Visit site
HUH 400,000km ??
that is DARN A LOT MILEAGE
:adore::adore::adore:

and i am surprised if you still running stock engine
:adore::adore::adore:

raptorie54

500 RPM
Jul 18, 2004
tokyo autolink
Visit site
I am on a ER34. Slightly cheaper to maintain than BNR34. Cos 1 less turbo and less 2 wheel to drive ... heehee

Had done 400,000km to the car ... really tons of parts wearing and tearing :(

But parts are far more difficult to source for comparing to the BNR
400,000km!!!!!! walao eh!!!!!:adore::adore::adore: u travel a lot ler.... u always drive to thailand ka?? within singapore cant do 400,000km unless yours a teksi.:biggrin:

mj_23

Known Member
Jun 30, 2005
Singapore
www.skylineclub.org
400,000km!!!!!! walao eh!!!!!:adore::adore::adore: u travel a lot ler.... u always drive to thailand ka?? within singapore cant do 400,000km unless yours a teksi.:biggrin:
Wahaahhaa ... yeah ... alot of my friend call my car a teksi cos of its colour... SG tons of yellow cabs.

Well ... its almost a 10 years old car ... and average at 40,000KM per year ... with quite a fair bit of travelling to KL, Penang, Ipoh, etc etc

:)

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

You have to tip your hat to the boys from Munich when it comes to catchy marketing schemes that just make you want to dig deeper. So it’s so surprise that their latest ploy has even come with a warning to blog about a twisted model that’s twisted from the steel of the 6 Series...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience