4g92(83kw) vs 4g92p(70kw) both SOHC

Sep 27, 2007
Does anybody knows the differences between these engines.

MAF is smaller, extractor is diferent 4-2-1 vs 4-1 but that's not all.

thanks

amad108..

Known Member
Jul 27, 2004
never knew it before...
maybe in ecu the most, coz i never found 4g92 engine 4-1 extractor at chop shop, 4-1 normally turbo used right?
i also already 2 time buy 4g92 engine at chop shop, but never found 4-1 extractor..

TheNT

Sep 27, 2007
It is different in maf.
needs another ecu to work good with different maf.

i changed extractor, ecu, maf and have bigger injectors 210cc but that's not all.

I also put bullet (de-cat), straight flow exhaust, K&N drop in, CAI...

It is better now but not that much. 90 ws 113hp is so big difference :(

Anyone know what next to change :)

Maybe cams are so much different?

I think that first is EURO 1 and second EURO 2 standards, and tjhey changed lot's of that cause of emissions.

Last edited:

zzainudin

500 RPM
Aug 16, 2006
Subang selangor
got meh 4-1 & 4-2-1 extractor in different spec..
i think this kinda be changes by last owner isn't it

4G92p code create by proton to make is different to mits..btw the both still same
if you study the detail of spec, there are the same

Just my 2 cent :biggrin:

kazami32

Apr 5, 2007
mitsu & proton spec SOHC 4G92 are same.
but output are slighty different.

theNT:wavey:
cam really make the huge power improve.
beside that.you still had to upgrade many things as well.
espeacially cooling system.

then......
injector you had upgrade...
but you din't upgrade the fuel pump...
this will cause the fuel not enough to
pump into the bigger cc injector.

Shinjite

500 RPM
Feb 27, 2006
Klang
start from the basics and then u can venture into a world of no returns XD

4G92 SOHC can be upgraded to DOHC and etc or you wanna stay SOHC all the way, not bad I must say :D

wiramax

500 RPM
Dec 24, 2006
My car 4g92p sohc with cammed. 210cc injector,full exhaust system,4-2-1 extractor, uprated fuel pump, bigger tb & manifolds plu gbox upgrade. Internal still stock, no pnp (in plan) & standard pistons & stndard block(full balanced will be better,).Stock Ecu with rev cut increase to 8k rpm. Plan to install e-manage for future mods. I can say with my current mod, i really satisfied..:) Love the sohc coz low power is great & if u add cam, u will get balanced power.:smile:

wiramax

500 RPM
Dec 24, 2006
how u increase the revcut just using stock ecu? u increase revcut using what electronic gadget? if not cannot call ur ecu stock la... hehe:hmmmm:
my mech do it for me.( with a cost) it can increase xtra 1krpm per ecu. for example stock 1.6sohc ecu 7472 is 6.5krpm-6.7krpm, after mod it would be 7.5krpm to 7.7krpm rev cut. But mine using 1.8 sohc ecu, its rev higher in std form.Let me noe if u wana increase ur rev cut.i cabn recommend u to my mech.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

<iframe title="YouTube video player" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/6HNoUwzYNHE" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="200" width="335"></iframe>

'(00): Is this the month of awesome car videos? A must-watch. This C-Class coupe video is filmed here in Malaysia as well as Singapore with footages of local PDRM showing-off their prowess and a patrol Waja handbraking out of a corner.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience