Need Help - 2003 Satria GTI

ahmad84

Known Member
Dec 24, 2007
Need Help - 2003 Satria GTI New problem

Hi all sifus,
I just bought 2nd hand 2003 satria gti. The problem is everytime i engage gear from 1st gear to 2nd gear to 3rd gear my car jerk. the car vibrate like i engage gear to early. i need to rev higher. already change the plug and cable. also already service the throttle body. what could be the problem.. Thank you..

Last edited:

xinghonh

1,000 RPM
Aug 25, 2006
at what rpm did u shift ur gear?
got check on ur air flow sensor?
cz my car jerks last time...after chging the air flow sensor....no probz aredi

ahmad84

Known Member
Dec 24, 2007
Will jerk rpm under 3000.. sometime 4th and 5th gear also jerk.. but rpm during idling is stable. can it be engine mounting? or air flow sensor?

EGNINE

500 RPM
Jan 8, 2006
try change your ignitor and coil...face same problem b4..then i change the ignitor,coil,cable plug.. then problem solve

spaaxx

Known Member
Aug 20, 2007
There is a switch at the meter change that ! this cause the rpm to drop drastically from 3000 rpm at any gear when you press the clutch pedal.
if ok , feed back

xinghonh

1,000 RPM
Aug 25, 2006
but what i suspect now is the air flow sensor and the coil only

ahmad84

Known Member
Dec 24, 2007
There is a switch at the meter change that ! this cause the rpm to drop drastically from 3000 rpm at any gear when you press the clutch pedal.
if ok , feed back
Which switch bro, can you explain in detail.. newbie la, don't know much about car.

bluzzr

Jan 25, 2008
I owned a Gti running with MMC ECU. have experienced same prob previously. mine caused by 'kaput' cables plug. once changed to after market cable splug, problem solved. it will cost you RM180 (aftermarket; Pro Rallye) or RM250(original Proton)

ahmad84

Known Member
Dec 24, 2007
Hi All,

I have a new problem, seem like there's a klunck, klunck sound fromfront left side.. is it drive shaft, of lower arm or anything.. please help. the sound appears when i turn the steering full to left or right and when i hit a pothole...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

ENGINE BLUE-PRINTING
What is Engine Blue-printing?

The phrase "engine blue-printing" is much misused among today's so-called engine tuners. Or more likely, they honestly cannot differentiate between a normal engine overhaul and a true engine rebuild based on its blue-print.

An engine overhaul job done by any workshop usually involves replacing the pistons, piston rings, main and con-rod bearings, and other worn parts besides having the block rebored and crankshaft bearing journals...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience