Which GPS navigation is most suitable

K-Kid

1,000 RPM
Nov 16, 2003
Earth
A PDA phone which doubles up as a GPS generally can be quite troublesome when it is guiding you when a call comes in.
HP iPAQ rx5915 Travel Companion is not a pda phone with crappy receiver, it's a dedicated gps devide with multimedia function.

drift_devil05

1,500 RPM
Feb 26, 2008
www.zerotohundred.com
Bro's...

Juz got my Garmin Nuvi 200w today... but seems like it delay for few seconds for navigation... how do i make it correct announcement? For example:- Supposed to turn right less than 200meters, and my navigator only announce right after i turned the corner....
2nd issue is when i travelling LDP, near the uptown tunnel the gadget allert me "Police Ambush at Exit 1112" but when reaching SS2 flyover, its alerts me "Police Roadblock at SS2 junction, then out of my curiosity i make a turn in, which is nothing there :(

Any suggestion?

Looking forward to hear from u guyz....

Thanks..

Last edited:

lanevo6

1,000 RPM
Sep 29, 2004
jb-melaka
Visit site
Just got my self a packard bell navi system with updated maps of Malaysia and Singapore. Using it for a mth and happy with it. Accurate and updated maps.

kampoon

1,000 RPM
Mar 4, 2006
Lanevo6,

How much u bought tat ? can upload any overseas MAP ???

sabelt

500 RPM
Dec 7, 2003
Petaling Jaya
Visit site
Road coverage in KL you dont need to worry with malsingmaps.com. New housing area will be track by hardcore trackers with gps unit that compatible to do tracking like 76csx, 60csx, colorado, oregon etc.. I've owned this unit for quite sometimes to search for new track especially in klang valley. There are about more than 30,000 members in malsingmaps has contributed their tracks, POI, report road error and more good news it's free of charge.

Overseas map can be purchased but its quite pricey. If anyone needs an overseas map at affordable price, just let me know

It's updated at least once 2-3 months. One of the member have even tracked the new LEKAS Kajang-Pajam highway.

Check out the road coverage below

Speed Demon

Known Member
Nov 17, 2003
Selangor
www.freewebs.com
I bought a Garmin Nuvi 200 unit about 4 months ago from an authorised reseller. Paid about RM1.4K for it. This is my first ever GPS unit and first time ever using one. I'm very happy with it though I think the distance measurement is about 10m out. Apart from that the user interface is extremely simple to use.

You have to be careful about the scale (whether you are really zoomed in or not) when navigating in areas you are not familiar with as sometimes if there are small streets you can turn into the wrong ones.

About 3 weeks ago I went on a business trip to Seattle, USA and found out that the units sold there are much, much more cheaper than here in Malaysia. I'm talking about a few hundred ringgit cheaper! And this is even with the high conversion rate!!

So if you are planning to buy a Garmin unit, try and get a friend travelling to the US to buy one for you.

drift_devil05

1,500 RPM
Feb 26, 2008
www.zerotohundred.com
hm... bro speed demon, agree full throttle with ya statement ^_^

achmedrauff

Known Member
Sep 4, 2008
Kuala Lumpur
www.onlyinmalaysiamah.com
I dont really believe in h/p GPS. Saps the battery too... a dedicated gps is always best. Currently using RCG GS-961. Huge screen loud and clear speakers comes with bluetooth pairing to you handphone too. I heard there will be Raya promotions for GPS coming.:biggrin:

drift_devil05

1,500 RPM
Feb 26, 2008
www.zerotohundred.com
Really??

hm.. then atleast can ask more fren get a GPS units ^_^

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
I dont really believe in h/p GPS. Saps the battery too... a dedicated gps is always best. Currently using RCG GS-961. Huge screen loud and clear speakers comes with bluetooth pairing to you handphone too. I heard there will be Raya promotions for GPS coming.:biggrin:
there's a thing called CAR CHARGER

N82+Garmin XT+malsingmaps. its as good as any Garmin Nuvi out there, and guess what? I paid 1.7k for a GPS unit that works as a phone and a camera as well.

i can never understand why people buy stand alone GPS navigators.

7Heaven

7,000 RPM
May 30, 2005
Ipoh/Kelantan
err... something to ask here:itsme:
recently i bought a Samsung G810, and it comes with the GPS navigator system, but i dunno how to run it, anyone here can help me up?:adore:

achmedrauff

Known Member
Sep 4, 2008
Kuala Lumpur
www.onlyinmalaysiamah.com
there's a thing called CAR CHARGER

N82+Garmin XT+malsingmaps. its as good as any Garmin Nuvi out there, and guess what? I paid 1.7k for a GPS unit that works as a phone and a camera as well.

i can never understand why people buy stand alone GPS navigators.

Yes obviously there is...
however receiving calls in the middle of trying to find your way through GPS from your phone can be a pain... and dangerous. You'll be fiddling too much with your phone.

drift_devil05

1,500 RPM
Feb 26, 2008
www.zerotohundred.com
Hm.... Portable Gadget screen is bigger...
mobilephone screen too small ler.... :idea:

kmgti

May 6, 2005
HP iPAQ rx5915 Travel Companion is not a pda phone with crappy receiver, it's a dedicated gps devide with multimedia function.
Where did you buy the HP Travel Companion? Do you have any problems getting map updates for it? Are the Garmin/Malsing maps compatible?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

guys, whats the stock standard cam angle measurement for 4g91,92 and 93? any one knows..i tried searching all over the web, dissapointing..thanks guys..
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience