Apexi Pen Timer Install At EG9

lanun

500 RPM
Dec 9, 2004
Hallo guys,

I oredi install my Apexi Pen Timer (New Original Set) At my EG9 (B16A) but A/F can't display and 02 wrong accurate. Referring to manual honda n Apexi manual, should be okey. Any idea? Maybe wrong splice the wyre?

To read A/F & 02, there r 2 wyre from Apexi Pen TImer (APT). 1 is white (02 sensor wyre) to ecu pin (I'm using PO8 comp box) D14 (white/red) wyre. Another 1 is black (ground) to ecu pin A26 (brown/black).

Is there any setting need to be done before can accurate perfect?

UR HELP VERY BE APPRECIATE!

Derrick2008

Known Member
Nov 20, 2007
This problem is due to the ECU not the ori stock item, some re-map ECU doesn't give the A/F ration reading during low RPM.

eg9_05

1,000 RPM
Jun 7, 2007
This problem is due to the ECU not the ori stock item, some re-map ECU doesn't give the A/F ration reading during low RPM.
ok........how abt if using ori performance ecu.....like mines, mugen o spoon?
can the problem b solve o still the same?

darkemperor

Known Member
Jan 4, 2006
ok........how abt if using ori performance ecu.....like mines, mugen o spoon?
can the problem b solve o still the same?
if u have a multimeter get the voltage reading from the spliced wire....let me know if there is any voltage reading...+/-

i have installed on 2 vtec ecu before witout problem unless u r getting the fake apexi timer..which is sometime wont function well on the o2 reading..

Areignz

Known Member
Jan 28, 2005
Air fuel ratio reading from apexi timer is not accurate.Do not refer on it for tuning purposes.

D-IV

Known Member
Mar 11, 2006
When you say its inaccurate... what do you mean by that? if it is dash during start up and sometimes after idling for too long. Its normal to see that... if you see a constant 0.38-0.48v of O2 voltage even at WOT or even not seeing any voltage at all. Then its your wiring thats messed up or its the P08 ecu.

This is what I've observed so far and i've wired a couple of cars already with the apexi pen timer.

darkemperor

Known Member
Jan 4, 2006
When you say its inaccurate... what do you mean by that? if it is dash during start up and sometimes after idling for too long. Its normal to see that... if you see a constant 0.38-0.48v of O2 voltage even at WOT or even not seeing any voltage at all. Then its your wiring thats messed up or its the P08 ecu.

This is what I've observed so far and i've wired a couple of cars already with the apexi pen timer.
inaccurate in terms of the stock O2 is not a wide band O2 sensor (6 wires)....and apexi pen timer is design to read only stock O2 (2 wires)....i think most of us know that the pen timer is only a rough reference...same goes to our stock ecu which reads crap o2 reading...:biggrin:...runs rich most of the time..

Last edited:

shiroitenshi

3,000 RPM
Apr 18, 2006
Actually the pen timer can read from wideband O2. The innovate LM-1/LC-1 has programmable analog output to convert any narrowband meter to a wideband readout.
As long as the device is expecting a linear signal, it can be done. In fact, only one wire is required, as the other one is a ground.

Then again, wideband o2 sensor is a maintainance item, and being a user of one, I can say that mounting it on a daily driven car, it will last quite long, but it will spoil after a while.

After looking at PLX's one, they seem more neater in terms of design, but they are less flexible for modified applications like Innovate's.

But a wideband is a tool, you can't trouble shoot everything with it, and still need to resort to good old fuel press, and screw driver for most other stuff.

darkemperor

Known Member
Jan 4, 2006
Actually the pen timer can read from wideband O2. The innovate LM-1/LC-1 has programmable analog output to convert any narrowband meter to a wideband readout.
As long as the device is expecting a linear signal, it can be done. In fact, only one wire is required, as the other one is a ground.

Then again, wideband o2 sensor is a maintainance item, and being a user of one, I can say that mounting it on a daily driven car, it will last quite long, but it will spoil after a while.

After looking at PLX's one, they seem more neater in terms of design, but they are less flexible for modified applications like Innovate's.

But a wideband is a tool, you can't trouble shoot everything with it, and still need to resort to good old fuel press, and screw driver for most other stuff.
one wire for the signal...urs is the LM-1 rite shiro?? i cant effort it since dont have anything to tweak on the fuel...:bawling:
if the apexi pen timer can read the wide band...how much will a wide band cost?? maybe not innovates other brands like borch??

D-IV

Known Member
Mar 11, 2006
Is it possible to make the pen timer to read a wideband sensor? Well maybe it is but i'm not so sure. The pen meter has a fixed read out from 0-1v which we ourself can alter to convert the voltage signal readings to A/F values and normal widebands reads from 0-5v... :hmmmm:

Do share it if you've done it before. Pretty neat to read it from the pen timer using wideband sensor.

darkemperor

Known Member
Jan 4, 2006
im not very sure wide band voltage range is 0-5V or as the normal O2 0-1V.....what makes it the wide band, the voltage or the other reference from the heater or pump current to compensate on the voltage to read accurately??

Last edited:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Drifting might have exploded the world over but no matter how you go about it, the essence of it still emancipates from its spiritual home, The Land of the Rising Sun, Japan.

Movie-maker Luke Huxham has been putting together a series of videos, titled, Drift Colours, that aims to chronicle the spirit of drifting by going beneath the layer of worn asphalt, smoked rubber and exhaust fumes to get more intimate with...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience