bro , u may shoot down millenium or ksp
but the fact is that I support Wiseco ,
they are built in sooo many race cars and did not faily
first thing is to know wht are your requirement
do u need a 4XXX alloy or the 2XXX alloy ,
the 4 series alloy and 2 series alloy has diffrent expansion rate
and they have diffrent clearance needed
both these alloys are used by JE , Wiseco , Ross , Mahle , CP , etc
even in the dsm world , the trully high powered ones opt for 1400HD Wiseco , which wiseco are you refering to bro ?

almost all failure of forged piston built engines fail because they do not take the clerance into consideration , some forged pistons expand more than the others , how many workshops use a diamond file and do piston ring gapping ? diffrent range of power has diffrent gapping to be used, how many engineering shops bore a block with precision ?

and lastly , wht i see in most malaysian modders , fix , terus boost or rev n go , they dont have the mentality of running in

shiroitenshi

3,000 RPM
Apr 18, 2006
agree with jinkl on this one, there was even once where toda pistons were said to be bad because someone neglegted to read the spec sheet, where toda specifies that the rings that came in the set, was slightly oversized, and needs to be gapped.

There's so many variables in play when modding, and as go get into more custom, specialized parts, there's always some form of prepping required. Sure, that piston wrist pin felt loost but is it too loose, or is it too tight?

Wiseco 2008 is different from the 2007 model, it's easily noted as the 2007 models do not have the wiseco logo on the skirts.

Any forged pistons will withstand detonation, at least light ones, and if you actually set it up right, it's nearly failure proof on NA. Of course, with turbo where cyclinder pressures are more extreme, that's not saying much.

I've seen broken CP's, JEs, and even wisecos, Some due to misinstallation, improper prepping, and sometimes just simply caused by other factors like broken rod studs, valve piston contact, etc. etc.

As for the price, the more popular and the more volume, the price will come down, be it any brand.

vteckiller

Supporting Merchants
Nov 17, 2003
Look here:

http://forums.neons.org/viewtopic.php?t=318570&sid=4ce4c7e51c525b3b820b273de544966c

Why is wiseco like that? U know why???

Because MILLENIUM & KSP SELLS THESE! It's a some sub standard shit.. and good for business... and the concept is, They keep you coming back to buy more!, if this shit dont break, you dont come back!! Dat's their R.O.I (Return of Investment!)
hey red.dot

we sell Wesico,CP etc..
all pistons are usable as they are forged...
u guys even use those wesico pistons on your vtec,i seen it.well
if your piston break there is a lot to consider,if its machine rebored properly..right clearence..like 3thou or 4thou..all that has to be considered.than ring gap etc..

so u dont have to start flaming myself or KSP or any other shop.

fobs

3,000 RPM
Apr 6, 2007
that turbo or those pistons kitted where?
the thread starter buy and install himself elsewhere? or got it installed at those two shops?

fobs

3,000 RPM
Apr 6, 2007

prem87

Known Member
Jan 25, 2007
Look here:

http://forums.neons.org/viewtopic.php?t=318570&sid=4ce4c7e51c525b3b820b273de544966c

Why is wiseco like that? U know why???

Because MILLENIUM & KSP SELLS THESE! It's a some sub standard shit.. and good for business... and the concept is, They keep you coming back to buy more!, if this shit dont break, you dont come back!! Dat's their R.O.I (Return of Investment!)
dude dont come talk cock here also la.. wiseco builds good solid pistons which are used worldwide for high perfomance usage.. and everyone knows u gotta folllow their spec sheet when u install it.. if u follow ur grandmother's spec sheet of cause shit will happen.. besides i knew a couple of guys who installed venolia pistons and worse shit happened to them.. pistons got scratched even when they were running in due to the block being bored inaccurately at some other workshop..

Last edited:

prem87

Known Member
Jan 25, 2007
in case u didnt know.. the bore is supposed to be perfectly straight.. not crooked like the crooked shop who did it

D-IV

Known Member
Mar 11, 2006
I don't get this thread. It doesn't make sense. Those are all examples of piston problems from the States and not from your local cars. So blaming KSP and Millenium for selling it means blaming Wiseco Co. for making it.

Don't forget, even if you are using forged pistons, doesn't mean it's destruction proof. It just withstands better than OEM against detonation. Not only improper clearance for piston to wall, even improper tuning can also kill any forged pistons and crack a sleeve in no time.

fobs

3,000 RPM
Apr 6, 2007
even adjusting ur piggyback on ur own also can result in disaster,...

tune tune, minyak save save,... boom,... konk! :banghead::banghead::banghead:

shiroitenshi

3,000 RPM
Apr 18, 2006
Well, shit does happen. I remember the times when people were upping revs on stock B16a and breaking blocks and ruining heads every so often.

Sometimes its user error/idiocity(cough!), but then again, some shops also must be responsible for the work, and state the possible risks for the mod (at the risk of sales? that's a problem)

so that's why these things happen, where user blames the part, because he did not understand the risk associated with using forged pistons without adhering to proper requirements.

But occasionally SOME parts do arrive with defects, so it's also the responsiblity of the buyer, seller AND the installer to look over the part prior to installation, and to honor any warranties if required. My first Auxbox was actually faulty, and fortunately the shop I bought it from honored the warranty and gave me a one on one exchange.

Over here, modding is still at its infancy,and most modders don't even understand ring gap(sealing vs. heat/friction), required clearances, material ductility (stretching/brittleness/hardness) and even spring hysteresis (valve springs/sus springs don't last forever without taking a set), and that's another reason why things break or spoil, Some don't even realise the NEED for maintainance.

Sometimes buyers also don't ask questions either, but worry on hp readouts, which means little to a person that doesn't know how to read it and only concerns him/herself with peak numbers. but because it's simple to understand at first glance, that's what the general public thinks.

For a daily driver that sees 1-3K rpm, the most important area in the torque readout is the 1-3k rpm range, not the peak power generated at 9500 rpm, which you see for like 1/2 a sec before you shift.

Oh well, big hp readouts are still bragging rights, and that's not likely to change until our local mags start explaining how to read dyno charts, and what it means.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

We have a pretty rare car on our hands this round. Its a vintage Lotus Esprit fully restored to factory standard. It was briefed by the owner himself that it was repainted by a very skillful painter and also the colour chosen was from...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience