FC discussion/troubleshoot

fobs

3,000 RPM
Apr 6, 2007
shiro,... long time edi the kakimoto ezoz,... no takers yet???
later i help u repost in myhavoc,... many sv4 kaki there,...

it wont fit the cf4/cl1,... unless some rectification is done,...
hmmm,... i kinda like my twin tailpipes

my car also can clear those shop inclined slabs,...
can clear genting 1st world hotel carpark,... but not advisable!

i dont dare to go into basement or multi-level parkings,... unless no choice.
and also,... the penang ferry!!!

kopking10

500 RPM
Feb 7, 2005
sorry if i'm out of topic....wanna ask if b16a manual FC is it better than b16a auto tranny? if yes..by how many margin...wanna swap an engine...thanks!

darkemperor

Known Member
Jan 4, 2006
Mine also lowered, though not kaw kaw, I cannot drive up most workshop's/tire shop incline without scraping the front bumper/lip, or in one shop my middle bullet, which hangs the lowest (it's the lowest point) underneath the chassis. :P

Fobs, your F20B already a H20AR mah :P.. why bother with the extra 0.2litres?

Furthermore F20B liners are nor FRM sleeves like H22A (or so according to HT), so a rebore is easier.

As for exhaust sizes, I think 2.25 is the common size for Accords, at least that seems to be the size for most of the aftermarket exhaust i've seen.

Kakimoto stainless exhaust taken off from an SV4 :P

The red wire to ground is most likely the wire responsible for detecting the cat-con, I think, since most OBD-II vehicles have some means of detecting the presence or if the cat-con needs replacement

EK OBD2 does it by having two narrowband O2 sensors. one before cat, and one after.
2.25 for a 2.2 litre/200hp crank....sounds sufficient but isnt it will be better flow with a 2.5" (max)? most of b16's also on 2.5"....

shiroi...how much 4 the kakimoto...? catback kakimoto???

fobs

3,000 RPM
Apr 6, 2007
no money and no time to custom an exhaust,...

mine auto broz,... stock onli 1.75,...
if put big big 2.3 lah, 2.5 lah,... later pancit,...

ditching my catcon later tnite,...

how abt putting this???

itz a straight,... my other fren's cf4 SiR put already and running the same exhaust as mine (stock euro-r) works fine for him,... fc good, power good,...

fobs

3,000 RPM
Apr 6, 2007
anyway, i tried to pull off the vafc harness,... cant,... CEL lite up,... coz three wires kena potong during installation,...

juz reconnect and leave it and after the catcon removal,... do a retune, either AF road tuning or dyno,... hmmm,...

darkemperor

Known Member
Jan 4, 2006
anyway, i tried to pull off the vafc harness,... cant,... CEL lite up,... coz three wires kena potong during installation,...

juz reconnect and leave it and after the catcon removal,... do a retune, either AF road tuning or dyno,... hmmm,...
u cant just pull like that fobs...u have to reconect the wires back since the map sensor signal wire is connected in series with the vafc - to modify original the map signal...without the map signal ur ecu definitely will trow CEL...

fobs

3,000 RPM
Apr 6, 2007
u cant just pull like that fobs...u have to reconect the wires back since the map sensor signal wire is connected in series with the vafc - to modify original the map signal...without the map signal ur ecu definitely will trow CEL...
yup yup,... i know,.. but i tried to see if can,... so cannot,.. hehe!!!

anyway,... tnite no time go discard the catcon,... tmrow maybe.

then my tokey vtec will tune the vafc,...
sayang ooooo mau buang vafc,...

darkemperor

Known Member
Jan 4, 2006
yup yup,... i know,.. but i tried to see if can,... so cannot,.. hehe!!!

anyway,... tnite no time go discard the catcon,... tmrow maybe.

then my tokey vtec will tune the vafc,...
sayang ooooo mau buang vafc,...
buang ler or sell it dirt chip to me.....:nurse:

Sato

2,000 RPM
Jul 28, 2004
So....VAFC no good also ?

I was thinking of getting one....

Now ar.....RM50 i can get max 140km only ! Worse than u bro.....hehehee..

No Vtecking also...juz normal driving !

fobs

3,000 RPM
Apr 6, 2007
So....VAFC no good also ?

I was thinking of getting one....

Now ar.....RM50 i can get max 140km only ! Worse than u bro.....hehehee..

No Vtecking also...juz normal driving !
eh,... itz not the vafc, the vafc is super good, for us street cars who want some minor modds,...

juz use to adjust AF ratio to suit the engine health, change cam crossover,...

the vafc is "dead" once u set it (as i understand),... but the car and engine and sensors are still alive, so some changes are possible,...

maybe i clogged up something somewhere during the 1st time when i got this fc up 25% problem,... then once i repaired the leak between the manifold and the flexible piece, it sorta went ok for a jiffy, then kena again,...

dunno how my wife drive (short distance to work), but when i drive (which is no longer driving to work these days), itz vtec vtec, brake, vtec vtec, prannnngggg!!! actually vtec at 4.8k rpm i only see the vafc green>red light, and some intake sound,... slight power pull only at 5 or 5.2k,... anyway stock is 5.2k.

wait till i get rid of the catcon, then do a retune of the vafc.

rm50 for 140km??? thatz abt 7.5km/l,... and cruising??? i'm actually getting 8.2km/l (previously 10 or 11km/l lenjan prannngggg style as well).

maybe, maybe,... itz because of the short distance my wife is handling the cf4,... last time when i drive the car to work, no problem. I need to make a long distance trip to further confirm.

fobs

3,000 RPM
Apr 6, 2007

fobs

3,000 RPM
Apr 6, 2007
catcon removed,... i installed a straight bullet, similar to the chrome color pic i posted,...

yet to do a vafc retune,...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

This week is a pretty busy week. Super GT weekend starts soon and everyone is going to be busy preparing for the event. So there wouldn't be much updates for the project, as I have to discuss with my sponsors on what needed to do. But then again, I've dreamed up some great concepts. Check out the photo up above. It came from a 1970's Datsun Z432. What is a...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience