Satria neo

fastcx

Jul 14, 2006
but if say power to weight ratio, what was the actual power on wheel for old satria? say 1.5

ART///SPEED

Known Member
Jun 26, 2008
manual gear box campro got very good fc and powerfull

350_GT

Known Member
Sep 4, 2007
manual gear box campro got very good fc and powerfull
eh well, not very powerful and the fc also not very good la, btw im a manual 1.6 neo owner.

RM100 can last me for 350-370km, so i think the fc is not very good, 95% city drive, need to depends on foot also la.. sometimes if i speed too much.. RM100 maybe last for 330km only..

talking about power, campro no pick up 1.. rpm must rev high only can feel the kick.. but top speed not bad la to me .. :love:..

but one thing is.. Neo is really too heavy man, but then the look is quite nice to me :proud:

cheeft

1,000 RPM
Mar 29, 2005
Visit site
i am driving a gen2 mme... wat i can say is the fc really not that bad... normally pump around rm90++ full tank can go around 350-390km... normally city driving... as for power also not that bad... is just that u need to rev it in order to extract the power... can outrun most stock 1.6L car around... but not those with big vtec or 20v...

fastcx

Jul 14, 2006
for my neo, rm100 can gv me more than 400km,not much city driving,but mostly residential road n up n down hills, so down hills just free gear n let it roll since its 1170kg...pick up is quite good for me when compares to vios, im in 1.6 manual h-line. usually gets 430km~450km..can reach 180kmh in less than 2km for me with some low degree uphill also. i just change to methodology lighten crank pulley n changed my airbox to throttle body pipe to custom bended smoother pipe for better flow.

with 2 of tat mods allow me to use lower than 2k rpm power well enough tat i dnt hv prob with pickup. hehe wan2 try my car? go tt sometimes ba, im at puchon

pishen

Dec 27, 2005
same here using M now RM95 can get about 450km
still ok compare to new BLM 1.3 :bawling:

fastcx

Jul 14, 2006
hehehe still blm cant compare to our fun driving, especially taking corner, its damn fun when u know your car can take them fast n with confidence

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2008
Neo is nice for tackling corners around the city , BLM is just a normal sedan that takes you from point A to point B , well if BLM slam in a set of decent 15" Wheels + Decent tires + HWL semi adjustable (if ad available) , it would be sweet !!

fastcx

Jul 14, 2006
haha no matter how much u put ur effort on a torsion bar suspension, it still cant give u wat u get from multilink

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2008
Yeah you are correct ... Hope proton came out with a BLM R3 ... LOL :burnout:

E-LiTE

Known Member
Jun 14, 2006
A BLM will still handle like a boat with torsion beam. Unless u .... :listen:

fastcx

Jul 14, 2006
as long as its torsion beam...handling will still...sigh no matter which car...unless u hv hell lots of electronics helping the car (which is sucks anyway)

prozac

1,000 RPM
Jan 18, 2004
Visit site
I've driven an auto Neo for over a year now and I can say it's got more downs than ups. The ups of course are the soundproofing, handling (better than SGTi), meaty steering wheel, dashboard design and exterior looks. That's where it ends, though.

The throttle response is absolute rubbish, and even when you get up the trashy sounding revs, you can only expect performance on par with Jap 1.5's after 4000rpm. Below that, a bicycle can be faster. Hence the poor fuel consumption since you constantly have to rev high. Having 4 gears on a slushy auto doesn't help either.

Then there's the ergonomics; this car was really designed by/for midgets. The seat is too high and too close to the ceiling. Imagine, if you pulled down the sun-visor you cannot see the road! The rear is also meant for kids who'd prolly tear a ligament on the way in past the obstructive B-pillar.

To top it all off, the resale value is just mindboggling; 40% gone in just 2 years! Even my previous Protons weren't that bad.

EGNINE

500 RPM
Jan 8, 2006
I've driven an auto Neo for over a year now and I can say it's got more downs than ups. The ups of course are the soundproofing, handling (better than SGTi), meaty steering wheel, dashboard design and exterior looks. That's where it ends, though.

The throttle response is absolute rubbish, and even when you get up the trashy sounding revs, you can only expect performance on par with Jap 1.5's after 4000rpm. Below that, a bicycle can be faster. Hence the poor fuel consumption since you constantly have to rev high. Having 4 gears on a slushy auto doesn't help either.

Then there's the ergonomics; this car was really designed by/for midgets. The seat is too high and too close to the ceiling. Imagine, if you pulled down the sun-visor you cannot see the road! The rear is also meant for kids who'd prolly tear a ligament on the way in past the obstructive B-pillar.

To top it all off, the resale value is just mindboggling; 40% gone in just 2 years! Even my previous Protons weren't that bad.
prozac, is it true that neo handling is better than SGTi..? never test drive neo b4...but i agree that standard SGTi handling was not so good ...still need chasis strengthening

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

does anyone know how to set the frequency into a new remote of car alarm? i just changed a new battery in the remote but the memory is lost, anyone how to program it back? i'm not sure what brand is my alarm, but there is a button in the car.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience