Gym Topic

satria_95

6,000 RPM
Jan 2, 2004
Malaysia
Wassup Peepz. Any gym goers here? I started gym about 2+ months back and thus far, it's showing results. But I'm looking for more techniques, tips, etc. from long time gym-ers who have successfully toned their bodies. It could be workout tips or diet tips. If you won't mind sharing it, then perhaps you could share it here. :)

Some questions that I have which I couldn't really find answers to on the net (thus far, that is) are...

1- Which muscle groups are different? I ask this because if I work my triceps, I may not have enough energy to work my back. Because I think I read somewhere, it says that triceps and back are the same muscle group. So if I work one out, I'll be left with no energy to work the other one.

2- Is it better to workout weights first, and then do cardio? A few fitness trainers told me that working weights will break down the fats, and cardio will 'wash away' the fats.

N0eL

Known Member
Apr 11, 2006
There r 2 types of exercises available.

Compound - incorporate more and 1 joints and muscle parts
Isolation - 1 joint movement and 1 muscle part

Also sometime, when you are doing certain exercises, other muscles will come in play as a stabilizer in order for you to perform. For instance, When u Bench press, you will need ur tricep/forearm to stabilize the bar/dumbbell.

As a beginner, I would recommend you to go for compound exercises and a full body workout each time u go gym. U need to strengthen all of ur muscles before u could split ur routine doing 1/2 parts a day.

Go for weight training first before doing Cardio. U need all the strength available to lift those pounds and kgs. If you are planning to gain weight and bulk, there is no need for u to do cardio. It will just hinder ur progress.

Go to http://www.bodybuilding.com/ and read everything you can ~!

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/exercises.htm for various exercises

Happy Lifting Bro ~!

Last edited:

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
Wah.....Satria into Gym oh....:biggrin: Wanna become the next HULK and crash MR? Hehehe...:biggrin:

Shanashi

500 RPM
Nov 17, 2003
Visit site
as to doing ur back with triceps is not an ideal program on the same day try doing back with biceps as it involves pulling movements (biceps as support/stabilizers)..workout your triceps suggest bench press flat incline decline on the same day...

high intensity weight training burns fat faster than cardio but u gotta be fit to take the training and the load must be high hence u might need ur amino acids creatine and most importantly protein power for recovery...if ur into fitness not really necessary...

ur training program accommodates to ur lifestyle so dont overtrain if u sleep late and such

happy training

Civic-R

500 RPM
Oct 8, 2004
Earth
Visit site
I was so shocked to see tis thread started by Satria95,and i tot ther is smtg wrong wit my eyes. Hahahaa,hello bro!!:wavey:

Plan to lightweight urself so tat ur car lighter then can save fuel?

FIRST,u need to CUT DOWN on oily food like Nasi Kandar,Kari Kepala Ikan,Ayam Goreng & thos oily foods. Cut down on cigarettes if can. Buy protein for supplement i.e. Muscletech, Horleys,bla bla. Drink more water everyday. Consume vitamins like B-Complex, Vitamin C or multivitamins. All the above is just a basic START ok. If u manage to follow all tat,then v proceed to the next step. And DON'T ever check out the girls in the gym ok. Hahahaa:love:

driftkingII

2,000 RPM
Mar 2, 2005
Bandar Utama
Visit site
i am also new in this actually... so what kind of workout should i do with the threadmild ???

what speed n minutes should i do ?? a day ???

Civic-R

500 RPM
Oct 8, 2004
Earth
Visit site
Actually,b4 start bodybuilding,need to ask urself wat urself trying to achieve. Mass build? Lean muscle build or muscle gain? Or just some basic workout for basic exercises. Lots of things to discuss or elaborate here. Never ending story actually.

So set a target urself then venturing more into tat. Diff target, diff exercises or workout. For basic,newbie or more understanding into bodybuilding, click on the below links provided here...

http://http://www.menshealth.com/cd...alth&channel=fitness&category=getting.started

For more experts workout, bro NOel do provided ady which is http://http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/exercises.htm

For professionals or FULL TIME bodybuilding, check tis outhttp://www.flexonline.com/

Search for Ronnie Coleman. U'll know who is him. Know wat is Mr.Olympia. :hmmmm:

Enjoy ur reading guys. Hope the above info can help u achieve the body u wanted :proud:

satria_95

6,000 RPM
Jan 2, 2004
Malaysia
Noel,
Hey, thanks for the reply, dude. Will definitely see how I can work my programs. I've done some reading up during these 2+ months and thus far, I think I'm going to need to loose some flabs first, especially my abs. haha So I'm doing weights, and then going for cardio. I'm not going on any form of protein yet. Usually, I'll take 4 omega hard boiled eggs a day, with 3 yolks removed. So it's 4 eggs with only 1 yolk. The rest of the yoke is thrown away. haha

TitanRev,
I don't wanna become hulk man. Just wanna feel healthy hehehe
Wah.....Satria into Gym oh....:biggrin: Wanna become the next HULK and crash MR? Hehehe...:biggrin:
driftkingii,
Dude, mind me asking which gym you're going to? I'm currently going to fitness first. hehe If you're going to fitness first, probably we can workout together. hehe

civic-r
I've already made myself a diet plan which is working and showing very good results. Thus far, I've lost about 7-8kg in 2.5 months. hehe I don't smoke :)

driftkingII

2,000 RPM
Mar 2, 2005
Bandar Utama
Visit site
Usually, I'll take 4 omega hard boiled eggs a day, with 3 yolks removed. So it's 4 eggs with only 1 yolk. The rest of the yoke is thrown away. haha

driftkingii,
Dude, mind me asking which gym you're going to? I'm currently going to fitness first. hehe If you're going to fitness first, probably we can workout together. hehe
Well bro, where i stay has a gym with threadmild, some cycling machine n some heart walking machine and i dont go to this fitnest first n stuff .. need $$$$

btw, the yolks u keep la to make cookies for the kids or give to ur gf or mom if they want to make dishes that uses the egg yolk :P

p/s: cannot waste la, damn G !!

satria_95

6,000 RPM
Jan 2, 2004
Malaysia
driftkingii,
The thing with yolks are... it's usually best to use it when it's cracked out of the eggs. And when that happens, nobody I know needs those yolk. haha Unless I give it to my dog. haha

jinkl,
nizer? Faster get him in here. hahaha

I'm actually looking at protein shakes now. Basically, if I could find protein shakes that could also burn fat, it'll be cool but I doubt there's a multitasking protein that does that. Any recommendations for beginners?

N0eL

Known Member
Apr 11, 2006
satria bro,

If u do not have any cholesterol problem, just take the yolk la.. wont kill u if i workout constantly. More than half of the protein in an egg is from it's yolk..

satria_95

6,000 RPM
Jan 2, 2004
Malaysia
Noel,
Thing is... I'm not sure if I've got cholesterol problem or not. I've just done a medical check up and will get the results soon. So that should tell me if I've got a cholesterol problem. hehe But I'm considering protein shakes because it's more specific to it's purpose which is good for me to tone and build a bit of muscles. hehe

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Dear All,

I have one question regarding Toyota Harrier 2.4 G specifications.

I went to used car showroom & I'm very interested to buy Harrier 2.4 G but i'm just curious about the spec. what i mean is for example,

1. 2004 Harrier 2.4G: RM 124k (have sunroof & he said not recon but imported straight from Japan from the start)
2. 2004 Harrier 2.4G: RM 109k (recon & 1 owner & no sunroof)

then I search on internet, (from what I understand) Harrier have spec 2.4G & 2.4GL (L Spec)...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience