About owning a S2000/F20c engine

whitelighter

Dec 17, 2007
I wish to own a s2000,its nice.but to get it in future,i would like to know how more about how and how much does it need to maintain it per year.The engine,does it make any problem? and if possible,i would like to know more about honda's engine,cauz i don know much on honda's engine.thx

Last edited:

fobs

3,000 RPM
Apr 6, 2007
future,... as in? as when?

ooohhh,...
owners of the s2k,... rare here,...

bien335

1,500 RPM
Aug 3, 2009
Johor Bahru
maintenance wise, Honda engines are farely easy to maintain. And being a Honda, it'll last a lifetime. There are many owners of the S2k that have clocked more than 250k miles (400k km) without much problems.

and the F20C is not the same as the F20B in the CF4 Accord. The F20c is more closely related to the K-series in architecture.

F20C (JDM spec, AP1)

bore x stroke : 87x84

250PS @ 8600rpm
208Nm @ 7500rpm

F22c (JDM, AP2)

87 x 90.7

242PS @ 7800rpm
221Nm @ 6800rpm

shiroitenshi

3,000 RPM
Apr 18, 2006
whitelighter, like bien says, the stock engine practically lasts forever, as you can see from the various converted B series civic, H series accord, F(ob's) series DOHC accord, and etc.

It's when you modify it that reliability is compromised.

But even with a bit of abuse, and clocking 200,000kms, I've only lost compression on ONE piston with the rest reading on par with a healthy engine., which is pretty much a good idea of how hardy the engine is. I doubt that many honda engines see critical failure with minor maintainance done every now and then (it will cost a bit, but if you can buy an S2K, I think maintanance would be a non issue in terms of financial capacity, after all original honda parts are expensive, but not THAT expensive as some aftermarket JDM parts.)

Well, the ball is in your grounds, and your choice.

fobs

3,000 RPM
Apr 6, 2007
^^ LOL @ F(ob's) DOHC engine.

good one.

+1 rep for you buddy
supposed to be fobs'
weihhh,... my initials lerrrr,... dun take away the last alphabet,... then i would sound like a guy from mainland china,...

uuuuuuuuhuuuuu!!! my rear injured,...

anyway,... how come we dun see s2k owners here???

raining

Known Member
Oct 7, 2006
kuala lumpur
I'm S2k owner,the car has lesser torque,not a daily car,you only drive it when you are angry,or happy. When approach 9000rmp,the engine screams angrily,makes people scare,excited,but would make other drivers annoying,being challenged..The car has supreb handling,sensitive steering,and the 2nd gear reaches almost 100km/h. The ready to race position makes a racing environment you can't get from other japanese manufacturers,and the bucklet seat only fit slimers well.

raining

Known Member
Oct 7, 2006
kuala lumpur
the maintainance of the car is just like many other japanese car,5 litre engine oil,replace new motul LSD gear oil every 20k kms,change rear sharf LSD oil every 50k kms,and the overall fuel consumes about RM0.17/km. But DO NOT let normal workshop handle the car,DO NOT let ur no brain friends test drive it, the car needs some practise to master it. And,don't try the car in corners on the road,it's the 2nd hard to control car after lotus elise.

fobs

3,000 RPM
Apr 6, 2007
wow bro,...
9k rpm,... !!!

paul.ang

Nov 25, 2004
What Raining said is absolutely correct. Maintenance is no big deal. And yes, it's tricky in the corners. I never did like driving mine on the stock suspension but a set of Bilstein PSS9 coil-overs & Bridgestone RE-01Rs transformed it.

paul.ang

Nov 25, 2004
What Raining said is absolutely correct. Maintenance is no big deal. And yes, it's tricky in the corners. I never did like driving mine on the stock suspension but a set of Bilstein PSS9 coil-overs & Bridgestone RE-01Rs transformed it.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi Ninja,
I am currently using Titan on my E34 . Purchased by previous owner .
Two of them I believe it's leaking cause I can see some oil start accumulating .
Making the ride uncomfortable .

Since Titan carried two years warranty , how much does it cost to service it .

Do we need to make an appointment or I just can drop by and expect to get services by Q . ( first come first serve )

Thanks.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience