Manchester united football club

cYBorG

1,000 RPM
Oct 22, 2004
OnEarth
Visit site
for me.. our current squad ave a full of strength in all positions.. SAF should expose their young players to play wif senior squad next season.. more young players on d pitch might be good.. just ma 0-cent.. :biggrin:

Stormvolution 9

3,000 RPM
Jun 18, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
Am actually pissed when ppl still said: "Oh, i think Messi is a much better player than Ronaldo so the World Player of The Year shld b Messi this yr!!!" :mad: Messi?! This season?! Did i heard it wrongly?! Sigh!!!

People keep saying Ronnie 'choke' in the big match, but i beg to differ!!! From the recent Barca ties, SAF hv assigned a duty for him in the 2 games besides giving him a free role to attack the Barca defence... Ronnie need to play with more discipline!!! He track back to cut off Zamborotta threat, he lead our attacking line and he hold up the balls well too... How many players in the world can do all this when they do hv the skills of Ronnie?! Messi?! Kaka?! Ribery?!

Or if someone said Torres r much better, then why cant he out-score Ronnie when he is the out and out striker?! Why cant Torres play as many games in the season as Ronnie did?! Why cant Torres score 3 against Newcastle n etc just like Ronnie did?! 40 goals is incredible for a striker like Torres or Ade, but for a winger?! Can both of them score from free-kick just like Ronnie did?! Those gravity-defy thunderbolt!!! Anyone?! So, i think credit due to where it is...

I agreed tht there r few better players in the world than Ronnie at the moment, overall!!! But, as the World Player of The Year goes, its determine by the performance of that particular player on that YEAR itself, as a guide!!!

Yep, Kaka is a tremendous player, no doubt!!! An almost complete midfielder, but what hv he done this season for his team n himself?! Any headers from him?! How many goals he has scored this season?! How many of them are from free-kick?! With him playing, how many time Milan hv lost this season?!

Yes, Messi dribbling skills r much better than Ronnie, infact better than almost everyone playing football at the moment in the world!!! But, again, what have he done throughout the season overall?! Can he score any header from corners?! Powerful Free-kick?! Did he ever track back to help his defence?! Dun forget he was out injured for a long part of the season!!! Yes, it might b unfair he was out but that's the rule of picking a World Player!!! Barca are crap this season!!! And dun tell me that Messi never dive!!!

So, i strongly believe as this season goes, Ronnie is deservedly the World Best Player!!! Else, it will be either Kaka or Messi for the award every year regardless what they hv done on that particular season for themselves and their club or what other players hv done for their clubs!!!

Am I right?! Or the voters of the award do have other consideration?!

What's u guyz call?!

si|verfish

5,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2004
PJ
Apart from a long term replacement for Gary and a fourth striker, our squad really is packed to the brim. People got to remember we can't have a squad full of top players. Guys like O'Shea and Fletcher and Park etc are guys who are willing to play a supporting role and won't complain when they don't get minutes. As for the first team, its pretty much awesome and needs at most a small tweak.

I'd be happy if we get a top RB to replace Gary and another striker. If Saha leaves and I think he will, we will need 2. Manucho would be a useful 4th striker if he gets a permit and then maybe someone like Santa Cruz. Relatively cheap, proven quality in the league and on the continent and eager to play for a top club again. Good age too.

As for Ronnie's detractors. They'll never go away entirely. It speaks volumes of his achievements that a lot of people have begrudgingly accepted his awesomeness. Ronnie has to perform to an almost unprecedented level to get this level of appreciation. If it was a media darling like say Stevie G for instance, a season half as great as Ronnie has produced would have got them all creaming their pants.

The fact of the matter is, there is a lot of ABU bastards around. United's dominance of the 90s and continued success ensures jealousy and hatred. Our players aren't loved by the media as easily as those from other teams. Furthermore, Ronnie's early career and exploits in the World Cup create a perception that still lingers in a lot of peoples minds and he is an easy target to dislike.

The fact is he has completely outperformed any other player in the league and the rest of the world. The criticism that are leveled at him are people who refuse to accept it and are nitpicking. Desperately looking for flaws, in other words, clutching at straws.

Messi? Gimme a break. He's a fantastic talent but he's injured half the time and has hardly influenced Barca's season. Kaka has been way way quiet for Milan. Torres? For a debut season, pretty impressive and in other seasons, probably would have been with a shout for an award. But too bad for him Ronnie's been biblically good.

Ronnie has just about disproven every single criticism levelled at him. His performances have been complete, in everyway. He's got end product, he plays for the team, he tracks back, he heads, he scores left and right, he creates, he pulls the team out of tight spots, he's cool and calm under pressure, etc etc. For a winger, he has scored 40 goals. If his teammates have been a bit more clinical, he'd had a shedload of assists as well.

The only lingering criticism of him still are that he still dives and he doesn't produce in big matches. Both of which are baseless and complete bullshit. Things that his detractors (sad fuckers) want to believe is real.

The fact of the matter is that he dives only as much as the other player. People forget he's running with the ball at insane speeds just about everytime they see him on tv and they see him on tv more than most players. Keep that in mind. When you're running at that kind of speed it doesn't take much to put you off balance. He's not a Tevez whereby they've got a very low centre of gravity and not easy to topple. And there's also and element of self preservation. Taking evasive action ensures you take less of the brunt of the tackle than if you try to stand your ground. He gets kicked so many times its best he try to protect himself from damage. He's probably the most fouled player in the league.

As for not producing in big matches, theres 2 things people need to consider. Ronaldo is 23. Yeah, you've seen him for quite some time but for quite some time he was a young player still learning. For the past 2 seasons, he has been way way better. The second thing is that most of the "big matches" that people claim he hasn't performed in, has been premier league matches against the other big four. Which are always tightly contested, cagey nervy matches where very little goals are scored and the star players are normally paid extra attention and defenders usually shine instead of attackers. Ronnie gets double and triple attention everytime and better teams usually has better defenders.

Don't believe what I say? Think about it. Henry usually spends his time in games against United in Rio's back pocket. Same thing with Torres. Same with Drogba. Stevie G hardly shown up in games against United. These guys are all paid extra attention and marked the hell out. But of course, these guys can still pop up and produce a minute of magic to change the game even though they were anonymous for the rest of the game. And much the same thing happens with Ronaldo. Over the past 2 seasons, in big or important games, 9 times out of 10, he would have had an influence on the end result of the match, whether scoring a goal or creating one.

There are still occasions when he tries too hard to do everything by himself and that usually backfires badly but those days are now just about gone.

So, if the detractors have something to say still about Ronnie and how he isn't deserving of all the plaudits he gets...ask them to prove it. Back it up.

Last edited:

Stormvolution 9

3,000 RPM
Jun 18, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
Great post, Silver!!! :biggrin:

Heard tht, Saha might b in the swap deal with Wigan!!! LoLzzzzzzzzzz... This isnt gonna b true... No... No way... Palacious?! Valencia?! Sigh!!! I think they r not ppl cup of teas... At least for 99% of the ManUtd fans.... Hahaha...

Not sure if u guyz r aware of another fu*king bullshit abt ManUtd in deep debt troubles?! What the fu*k... Winning the EPL, in the Final of FA Cup and semi of ECL last season and we are just a game each away from winning both EPL and ECL this season, we are still in debt?! *&^%$## :mad: If tht's de case, who's currently doing great financially in the EPL of Europe?! I think this is a lot of rubbish as well, as i read through lotsa ManUtd forums...

All i knew was we have got few very sound new sponsors last season... So, we are not tht bad at all!!!!

Stormvolution 9

3,000 RPM
Jun 18, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
Hahaha... Besides, i like some other fans calling for SAF to make a bid for Peter Crouch!!! Hahaha... Think abt it nicely, it might b a good additional to the team as Crouch will b cheap, English, tall for high balls, pretty good skills overall and most importantly it will brings new dimension to our team!!! Oso, we can have a go back at tht Gay Rafa!!! Prove him wrong, as Crouch might b very useful!!! Hahaha...

Any thought guyz?! :biggrin:

LazyMF

Known Member
Jan 18, 2005
N9
Visit site
Why Chelsea keep on putting pressure on Wigan to go all out on Man Utd?
Why no one putting pressure on Bolton to go all out on Chelsea?
Weird...

I guess Chelsea not afford to lose it for 2nd consecutive seasons... :biggrin:

Soundstream

1,500 RPM
May 2, 2004
NR MY
Visit site
i'm not sure but my heart tells me chelsea will win over MU in CPL but MU win EPL..

chelsea looks eager and strong this couple months....MU still not that strong...MU need to have a really good planing on this last 2 games else dreams will go to drain only...

MU !!!

LazyMF

Known Member
Jan 18, 2005
N9
Visit site
Well relax brother.
SAF 20+ years of football management experience will do the double.

I agreed Chelsea looks eager & strong, because they have to in order to keep track with Man Utd.

But the best of Man Utd will show in Moscow.
We have the discipline in the team. We have the teamwork.
I'm confident enough.

Stormvolution 9

3,000 RPM
Jun 18, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
Yep, with a week long break and preparation, am sure that the team is very confident and fresh abt the game against Wigan!!! The key for me being Rooney return from injury!!! He will be fighting for every ball and chasing defenders like a mad dog after sitting out of our games recently!!! He will help us and lift everyone in the team to win this game thus the EPL trophy!!! As been said earlier, an early goal will do us a world of good!!! And i think its gonna b either Rooney or Ronnie that will get the goal for us!!!

0-3 for ManUtd!!! :party:

LazyMF

Known Member
Jan 18, 2005
N9
Visit site
Now all the transfers start...

Arsenal midfield to be cleared up soon.
With Flamini & Hleb quitting, and Real Madrid chasing Fabregas, and Gilberto also believe to be quitting.
If that is true, Wenger facing critical situation to rebuild the midfield. Pity him.
But you can't afford big ambition player keep on playing for you to just keep challenge on top team, without winning the trophy.

Inter is after Gerrard. :thefinger:
Well don't think Gerrard will be leaving.

Chelsea after Sergio Ramos. :banghead:
I think Sergio Ramos is a young talented defender.
So Chelsea getting another future star??? Hope both Real Madrid & Ramos reject the offer.

Berbatov is up for sale? Hmmm...
Maybe SAF can give a try... or maybe Santa Cruz.

LazyMF

Known Member
Jan 18, 2005
N9
Visit site
Yep, with a week long break and preparation, am sure that the team is very confident and fresh abt the game against Wigan!!! The key for me being Rooney return from injury!!! He will be fighting for every ball and chasing defenders like a mad dog after sitting out of our games recently!!! He will help us and lift everyone in the team to win this game thus the EPL trophy!!! As been said earlier, an early goal will do us a world of good!!! And i think its gonna b either Rooney or Ronnie that will get the goal for us!!!

0-3 for ManUtd!!! :party:
Don't count Giggs out.
He will be matching all time appearance record.
Will be nice if he can score.

Come on Giggs... time to wake up... :biggrin: :biggrin:

Stormvolution 9

3,000 RPM
Jun 18, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
Hahaha... Just think tht Giggsy coming on as a sub will b the best solution, but if he did start i hv nothing against him... Just make sure we win the last game on the EPL!!! We hv had problems for the past games where both Scholesy and Giggsy started together, in the end of the day SAF hv got to sub either 1 of them out or both out to savage the game!!! So, i hope this will not be the same come Sunday!!!

I think both Pool and AFC are gonna hv big problem over the summer... Pool stil uncertain as if Gay Rafa will remain as manager not... For Chelshit, it doesnt matter who is the manager as long as RA match day morning fax comes in, he follow the instruction by picking the players RA wanna, he shld b ok!!! :biggrin:

Last edited: