DIY Oil Change and Flush

crymson

Known Member
Nov 17, 2003
KL
Visit site
you can seek your nearest shell service center.

what engine/car/truck u use?

it shouldn't be a problem if you use full 4 lit.
ut if your engine is super dirty... may use two bottles...
My engine is 2.8, hence the 6.5 lit of engine oil.

Thanks.

Northiswara

2,000 RPM
Dec 21, 2005
i think better use 6.5l lar.

Last edited by a moderator:

AE82GT

Apr 17, 2004
Klang Valley
Visit site
I've nvr done any flushing oil b4 on my car...my car now is 24 yrs old, do u guys think is advisable to flush it? will it harm the internal parts?

cybtech

Known Member
Feb 20, 2008
doesn't matter your car is how old....
it's the age of the engine... hv you overhauled it eversince?
if just recent...ok....

but if it is really that old.... recon not to... might flush out the seals too :biggrin:

Northiswara

2,000 RPM
Dec 21, 2005
according to my mechanic, some engine after flush become noisy cozs the flushing oil actually cleans all the dirt out. without the dirt, there some mechanical parts in the engine will be loose and cause noise. the dirt act as a grease in the engine. most of the sound will actually come out from the timing chain according to the mechanic.

crymson

Known Member
Nov 17, 2003
KL
Visit site
according to my mechanic, some engine after flush become noisy cozs the flushing oil actually cleans all the dirt out. without the dirt, there some mechanical parts in the engine will be loose and cause noise. the dirt act as a grease in the engine. most of the sound will actually come out from the timing chain according to the mechanic.
Hmmm ... have not asked my mechanic yet but my engine uses timing chain

donCityZ

2,000 RPM
Feb 8, 2006
if do on old engine, i duno the result.. possible will leak out since like Dr Northiswara said, the dirt or gum of the old oil is helping to seal any gaps..

AE82GT

Apr 17, 2004
Klang Valley
Visit site
doesn't matter your car is how old....
it's the age of the engine... hv you overhauled it eversince?
if just recent...ok....

but if it is really that old.... recon not to... might flush out the seals too :biggrin:
Never overhaul my engine b4...the mileage clocked 359k...wahh might flush out the seals ka...tats why need to ask u guys whether is recon to do or not...cz im afraid of the side effect...hahahaha!

cybtech

Known Member
Feb 20, 2008
then i recon not to flush...
coz some gum/sludge or whatever they call it, helps your seals to get your compression. if the sludge removed the engine will loose power and there is possibility it might jammed.
even if you flush, it's not 100% cleaned... surely got some left overs.

it's better get your engine full overhaul (clean it oldskool way)... this way you'll know ur engine is fully clean... and feel like new... but it might cost you an arm or a leg...

satria_95

6,000 RPM
Jan 2, 2004
Malaysia
Try flushing your engine about 2-3 times till the engine oil that you release out from the engine is like new oil. After you release the oil and the color of the oil is clean, finally, put in good engine oil and try driving with it. You'll feel quite obvious difference to the performance.

But before you do this, do take note of the risk that engine oil flush can be corrosive to your engine. Do this at your own risk.

Northiswara

2,000 RPM
Dec 21, 2005
my mechanic lagi hebat. he said can pour in diesel instead of using the flushing oil. this is the very old skool way to clean things. when the mechanic overhaul ur engine, they also use diesel to clean the parts.

Northiswara

2,000 RPM
Dec 21, 2005
anywhere i did flush my engine with shell flushing oil. after flush good. all dirts come out. engine still very quiet. by the way i using timing chain.

GT'd

Known Member
Jun 7, 2006
i try to find in kuantan.....but dont have laaa haha

purple_EJ7

Apr 19, 2007
GTD, maybe you can ask for the tokey of the shell (kedai kerang, lol :rofl: ) to order one for you. Who knows you might get lucky.:biggrin:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi guys , recently my Wira car got some engine starting problem , whenever i started the engine , the engine will become weak , and failed to operate , this makes me everytime when starting the car , hv to accel 1st to warm up the engine it just will become stable , can somebody tell me what kind of things is spoil oledi in my car ??

sry for poor english writing !!! :tongue:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience