Nissan GT-R: Not So Friendly After All

Stylites-x

1,000 RPM
Feb 13, 2006
saw motortrader where the new evo x n the r35 is up for bookings.
price of skyline r35 published to be around rm680k++
whereby evo x rumoured to be around rm380k

munky

1,500 RPM
Jul 18, 2004
PJ
www.playboy.com
very bad move from nissan. Maybe it will make the customers consider other cars, and not to mention honda, toyota, and mazda have yet to launch their new supercars

superturbo

Jan 24, 2006
yeah guys...i'd rather buy a cheap car and modified that car. can beat that gt-r maa...what the hell is going on with nissan...

GTi9158

Known Member
Apr 23, 2005
Sydney & P.J.
Nissan intend to bring Skyline GTR to next higher level.
Perhaps Nissan has a new production line to slot in long-time missing 2000cc Turbocharge compact sport car segment?

btw, how much is Evo X MR?
I've just got quoted AUD$72,000 ON ROAD Drive Away, from Lincorp Automotive (Australia). This is for the fully loaded "Base Model" with all the options of the MR "Except" for the TC-SST transmission.

Just for comparison of price, my Lancer 2.0GT (VRX) Manual, is AUD$32,000. so for RM, since sports cars have big ass tax just triple the price of 2.0GT, makes it RM360 - 380 lah... :-D

AND, to the person who said "GTR vs EVO X... you must be joking", I'm really not. You have to remember that the handling for the Evo X is surely superior to the GTR. In addition to this, look at the ridiculous price. 1 GTR = 2 Full Spec EVO X MR. Do you know how much upgrades you can "attach" to the already lightning fast E X MR?...

Standard tech's and mech's in KL tinkering with an all new GTR engine? that one.. you MUST be joking...

Evo X MR ftw...'nuff said.

Last edited:

GTi9158

Known Member
Apr 23, 2005
Sydney & P.J.
GTi,

so get 1 X for yourself, 1 for your girl. :biggrin:
kind of feel bad now. I just got a Lancer in October 2007, now I'm thinking of trading it in when the X launches in AU in April... oh, decisions....

*no girl la, so no extra expenses for now :biggrin:

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
I've just got quoted AUD$72,000 ON ROAD Drive Away, from Lincorp Automotive (Australia). This is for the fully loaded "Base Model" with all the options of the MR "Except" for the TC-SST transmission.

Just for comparison of price, my Lancer 2.0GT (VRX) Manual, is AUD$32,000. so for RM, since sports cars have big ass tax just triple the price of 2.0GT, makes it RM360 - 380 lah... :-D

AND, to the person who said "GTR vs EVO X... you must be joking", I'm really not. You have to remember that the handling for the Evo X is surely superior to the GTR. In addition to this, look at the ridiculous price. 1 GTR = 2 Full Spec EVO X MR. Do you know how much upgrades you can "attach" to the already lightning fast E X MR?...

Standard tech's and mech's in KL tinkering with an all new GTR engine? that one.. you MUST be joking...

Evo X MR ftw...'nuff said.
having never driven the EVO X and GTR, nor having seen the EVO X on the track yet compared to the GTR, i wouldn't make comments as bold as yours. handling is the strength of the GT-R... the Koenigsegg, a car that costs, what? triple? quadruple? 10x more than the GT-R? is *only* 5 seconds faster. Not to mention the Porsche 997, a car which is only a hair slower than the GT-R, and how much does that cost? is it even more ridiculous?

Nordschleife fastest lap times - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

the Nissan GTR did a lap time of 7:38.54m & 7:50m respectively. and we can both agree the Nürburgring is a technically challenging track for the handling impaired. looking at the list you can see the GT-R is among supercars. If EVO X is truly superior to that of the GT-R, then I think not only the GT-R should be worried.

of course, don't take "loaded" cars to the picture. for the money for a stock EVO I can load a Myvi and murder you on the drag strip. Or for the same money as your spanking new EVO X, I can buy a EVO VI and load it up and still murder you on the track and have cash to spare.

your statement would appear to be an insult to the GT-R, or a praise to the EVO X. depends on how you look at it. I'm feeling a little more on the former.

Last edited:

adliz

Known Member
Jan 30, 2005
well.. no point comparing the gtr with the evo.. different market, different price, different class, different purpose, different history, different pedigree..

being more expensive doesnt equate to being faster.. i cannot understand the argument of modding a 'cheap' car and then be able to tahpau extremely expensive cars.. does it mean the cheaper but faster car better? performance wise, yes.. but other things? :hmmmm:

just my take..

hilfi

Known Member
Mar 28, 2006
Couldnt agree more mr Adliz.. I just cant understand why are this people comparing this crap...obviously the GTR is an ultimate from the Japanese...the evo cant never out run it in a track..unless u guys wanna go rally :D haha.. when comparing the car, please think about issues such as torque, power to weight, gas emission, competitor class and user friendly value...not only the price laaa...*sigh* no offense both are tight..

GTi9158

Known Member
Apr 23, 2005
Sydney & P.J.
Couldnt agree more mr Adliz.. I just cant understand why are this people comparing this crap...obviously the GTR is an ultimate from the Japanese...the evo cant never out run it in a track..unless u guys wanna go rally :D haha.. when comparing the car, please think about issues such as torque, power to weight, gas emission, competitor class and user friendly value...not only the price laaa...*sigh* no offense both are tight..
i understand your point. though, handling wise, you must remember that the Evo's always had far better handling and stability.

also, look at how many prob's associated with "touching" the GTR's engine bay can cause. even the damn rims! lol!

well no point anyway, i know i surely wont be getting a GTR, even *if* they're the same price as the X. I'm all for Mitsu on this one. :biggrin:

Last edited:

prozac

1,000 RPM
Jan 18, 2004
Visit site
Perhaps Nissan is doing this from a top-level decision level. Too many scams on warranty claims when what owners actually did to their R32,33,34 was mod the engine and parts to death.

I believe Nissan is headed the way of european cars, with a European at the helm of the co. And how many M3s, 911's, RS4s have you seen with DEFI meters and turbo timers?

But few of us readers seemed to realize the fact that Nissan is probably one of the first manufacturers who endorse their cars on track, without voiding the warranty. It's true this is also a money-making exercise, but I'm sure Nissan does not want it's flagship supercars falling apart on track due to poor maintenance. Definately not good for image.

Off topic a little. The only other manufacturer which endorses track activities in M'sia is probably Proton R3 when they held several events for owners in Sepang. And they didn't even charge us 20sen for any mandatory pre-inspection or the tutoring given to owners.

As for Malaysia I'm sad to say that most of our grey imports are from Japan and we will ultimately get the dreaded JDM spec R35. There are some importers which bring in cars from UK but you have to remember, those cars already have a multiple margin mark-up from the many channels they have passed through and you'll be paying for double shipping (i.e, from Japan to UK, UK to M'sia). So we can pretty much scrap that dream.

Our only hope is that Tan Chong brings in several speed de-limited units but don't expect the price to be cheap (remember the 350Z). Which begs the question if a Japanese sports car costs as much as it's German and Italian counterparts via grey imports, wouldn't most go for the latter?

P.S. Instead what I'd rather do is get a stock standard Putra and TAPAU any R35 I see on the highway at 220km/h :rofl:

Last edited:

Stormvolution 9

3,000 RPM
Jun 18, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
True tht comparing the 2 cars r crap!!! But, dun u know tht the fastest time attack in Japan is being acheived by an EVO?! :hmmmm: HKS CT230!!! Check it out!!! Evo can b very aggresive depends on what's ur end target... Not onli Evo can beat GTR on rally... Track as well mate!!!

When stock, GTR R35 is a superb car!!! But for Jap, they like to mod it n bring them to the track for the time attack in order to prove it maximization... This is where Evo can beat them... But not sure abt the latest version of Evo X & R35 as its stil very very new!!!

No point comparing it, but both hv their own fans & followers... So not R is better than the X or the other way round...

Cheers!!! :biggrin:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hey !!!!

Has anyone done a 1JZ/2Jz swap to a Toyota Hilux or other pickups in this forum ???

If so how is it done ? What are things needed to fit this engine in the engine bay? As far as I know the JZ series engine are very long.

Thank you!!!:biggrin:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience