GEN2 Buddies!!!

chl2080

Jul 4, 2006
Hi all Gen2 pals,

I am new here, do your guys / gals facing problem on

1 ." sound coming from front engine?
.... not sure absorber / front strut bar? sound like "eeerr" very soft sound.

2."sound from the centre console...some where behind the radio panel / the air-con, air recirculation buttons
- the sound only come when accerelating > 130km, but release the gas, the sound gone!

item 1 is very irritating, esp. in stop go trafic. send 4 repair few times, standard reply - " tighted all the screws alry".

Tunjuk ajar appreciated, which service centre do a good job?

michaelkomodo

Nov 4, 2006
Hi all Gen2 pals,

I am new here, do your guys / gals facing problem on

1 ." sound coming from front engine?
.... not sure absorber / front strut bar? sound like "eeerr" very soft sound.

2."sound from the centre console...some where behind the radio panel / the air-con, air recirculation buttons
- the sound only come when accerelating > 130km, but release the gas, the sound gone!

item 1 is very irritating, esp. in stop go trafic. send 4 repair few times, standard reply - " tighted all the screws alry".

Tunjuk ajar appreciated, which service centre do a good job?
i went few centre also give me the same answer... dunno they all dunno how to do o dun wan to do... sigh... my gen 2 also got sound till now, after warranty liau... sometime really think to sell it off but tak sampai hati.. LOVE GEN2.... anyway, anyone know how to take out the CAPTOR stuff? i heard it makan electricity a lot and i din use their service. o it cannot b remove?

chl2080

Jul 4, 2006
Hi Michael,

r u facing problem on item 1 or 2 or both?

Anyway, recently I found out that Item 1 is from the absorber / spring.

Test: step on the driver door step as mine sound is emitting from front right side whole body)and shake, u will hear the sound "geet git, geet git".

Not sure how bad is yours; mine has turn from bad to worse, hence when I aligh from the car, the moment the weight lifted, the sound will come.

Time to press for replacing both the above.

Blue_Diamond

Apr 22, 2006
Hi guys..

I'm new here..Anyone bought the new Enhanced Gen 2?I'm considering to buy one since Proton is giving discounts.

Do you all think it's worth to buy one now?Need some feedbacks from owners abt the car as well...

Have a nice day...

Feb 27, 2007
guys, our gen2 comes with campro security system right? can i install a turbo timer to my car? will it affect the system or anything? i mean like, im afraid it might ganggu the system and nanti the computer will terbakar or watever u know? is there any of u guys out there install a turbo timer to their gen 2?

hi... just to let you know that it wont burn anything to your car unless the careless of the installer, i myself had installed apex'i auto timer to my car for few months and it was great and no impact to my engine, yet the function still working without any problem =)...

chl2080

Jul 4, 2006
well, go ahead, if u dont mind the standard feature for Gen2 ie. sound found mention above.

jason_mufc

Known Member
Jul 6, 2005
Sungai Buloh
Hi guys.... I just got 2 simple queries.... firstly, where can I get the Gen2 Spoiler wing and how much? Also, I saw the Persona Blaupunkt head unit and it plays MP3s... like WTH?!?! Since its a perfect fit to the non-MP3 that is in the Gen2, anyone knows where to find it? And again, how much?

rajie

1,000 RPM
May 7, 2005
pantai hillpark
hie guys im dealing in all kind of merchandise,from t shirts key chains mugs thumblers umbrella stickers note book,pens, caps, crystals and a whole lot more item
so for the year 2008 if u guys are planning to do anything u guys can let me know i got a catalogue for u all to go thru and see what u guys want to make for 2008...if ur company also want to do it can be done
cheere guys
for futhure inquiries u can contact me at 017-6122855(rajie) or u can PM or email me at [email protected]

pillage2001

Known Member
Mar 22, 2005
Anyone of you is interested in a group buy for K&N drop in filter?? PRice would definitely be cheaper than market. Please PM me or something. Looking for at least quantity of 5. Price is definitely cheaper than outside.

Jimboree

May 16, 2006
www.cardomain.com
guys, i'm retiring my ride from track days...hence, i'm letting go most of my stuffs! please sms or call me @ 012-2355903 if you're interested in the following:

1. Racecraft Carbon Fiber Bonnet (OEM Style): RM1,300

2. Momo MOD07 Steering complete with Arospeed Quick Release Hub: RM800

3. SSCUS Full Bucket Seat complete with rail, side plates and 4-point harness: RM1,000

Items can be viewed at The Track Avenger: Proton Gen.2 - Kuala Lumpur, MY

baby_jap_wawa

2,000 RPM
Sep 10, 2006
hi. would like to ask, can 215/45/17 fit to gen2? anyone using? if can or cannot fit, what are the reasons and solutions? thx. :)

Jimboree

May 16, 2006
www.cardomain.com
hi. would like to ask, can 215/45/17 fit to gen2? anyone using? if can or cannot fit, what are the reasons and solutions? thx. :)
215/45/17 is considered oversize for the gen2, but it can be used, provided your wheels have an offset of 42 and above. anything less will hit the rear fender's internal plastic mud guard.

you can opt for 215/40 or 205/45.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I found problem about Idle speed not smoothly. I 'd check IAC valve but don't know how to check. If any know, please reply.
:confused:

rote
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience