The New Proton Saga - Base Line Model

sakuraguy

5,000 RPM
Nov 4, 2004
Sendai, JAPAN.
www.zerotohundred.com

Proton Saga - the first national car that rolled out from the Proton assembly in Shah Alam in 1985.

The re-modelled version with a 1.3-litre Intake Air Fuel Module (IAFM) engine was launched on Friday. The new sedan which is said to be cost-efficient in fuel economy with better pickup is a compact model priced from RM30,500 to RM40,000.

Even before being launched it had already hit a pre-launch booking of 5,000 units and is expected to be a strong competitor to other models in its class.

The sedan is available in seven colours - Zircon Green, Metallic Black, Solid White, Mountain Blue, Genetic Silver, Chilli Red and Granite Grey.

The national car maker demonstrated a stage by stage assembling of the new model to engender public interest for the new sedan. The demonstration covered the entire assembling job from the chassis, body structure, interior and finally to the complete unit.

According to Proton Holdings Bhd chairman Datuk Muhammed Azlan Hashim the new Proton Saga accentuates a sedan that is more than just a motor vehicle.

He said it reflects the company's perseverance to lead on and its past successes.

He told journalists at the launch that the company is no longer a mere automobile assembler.

"To date, we have sold about 1.2 million units of Proton Saga worldwide. We are confident that we will be able to sell between 50,000 and 60,000 units per annum.

The newest model, is the sixth vehicle fully developed and built ground-up by Proton after Waja, GEN.2, Savvy, Satria Neo and Persona.

Muhammad Azlan also said the remake model is a further step in Proton's efforts to reinvent itself. He added: "Proton launched its Wira replacement, the Persona, last August. Not only did that move help lift Proton's sales, it also helped return the company to the black for its second quarter ending September 2007.

The national car maker's financials have also been steadily improving. The company reported its first profit of RM3.51mil in the quarter ended Sept 30 – after five consecutive quarters of net losses, citing improved sales, especially since the launch of the Persona and better cost-management.

Source: Buy And Sell Used Car | Car Service Information : 121 Motor

Last edited:

sakuraguy

5,000 RPM
Nov 4, 2004
Sendai, JAPAN.
www.zerotohundred.com
2008 Proton Saga Open For Booking

Teaser Video

[youtube]_3fJPhONLPU[/youtube]

Proton Edar now officially accepting the pre-booking of the new Proton Saga 2008. The booking fee is RM500, but now still don't have any official image and spec from Proton in the website yet only some sample color to choose. According to the news reported new Saga will be in the price range between RM 30,000 to RM 35,000 for 1.3l 4door sedan model.

The official teaser below shows the car’s key styling details, and one difference from the models we’ve seen in spyshots are that the rear lamp cluster now has an orange signal indicator lense instead of a clear lense.

SakuraGuy
Zerotohundred.Com

Last edited:

rusifiz

Known Member
Nov 15, 2005
kl-sban
www.fgsn9.com
finally, a fuel-injected saga for the local market..
hehehehee...

in my opinion the interior looks and feel very much the same as the kereta kebal / lmst
the exterior is a vast improvement..
the engine, at last a fuel injected engine, plus a twincam..
the price looks good even though I cant believe that the cheapest variant is using manual winding window for all doors.

maybe this (saga) is a model that proton can sell successfully since they started having their own design.

yayedr

Nov 28, 2007
brilliant piece of work from proton...
the campro engine really impress me...
1.3 can go 200kmh without shaking...
impressive...
keep up the good work PROTON...

drMpower

May 1, 2006
what impressed me most is the amount of bhp on the tap of that 1.3 litre engine

see what dynamic air intake can do to car performance...its a good start for proton.

now, bring on the Putra Raplacement Model

si|verfish

5,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2004
PJ
now, bring on the Putra Raplacement Model
For their sake, I hope they don't.

Proton has been making smart moves to turn things around. The new Saga is the right car to replace the old Saga, it has its flaws and is by no means without criticism, but it will most definitely sell by the truckloads. They will need to continue to concentrate on the meat of the market, where the money is at. And unfortunately, a niche model like a Putra replacement, isn't it.

That's what the new management is doing right compared to the old one. The old management decided to release the Satria Neo and the Savvy. One of which was a niche car and the other badly positioned in the market. The new one went with the Persona and then the Saga, both affordable, small to mediumish family saloons, which is the exact type of cars which appeal most to Malaysian buyers.

The next car they should build, is an MPV.

stan_76

Known Member
Dec 17, 2006
how's the quality like?

i can't expect a good one from the price, can i?

just hope the plastic bits in the cabin won't shake after a year or two drive......

mag9556

2,000 RPM
Jul 11, 2006
Saw one on the road liao.. the size is bigger than previous saga but look one kind onli..hehehehe....

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi,

am looking for new suspension set for Sentra N16 (fitted with stock suspension). any good recommendations? i'm considering some but not sure good or not;-

- nismo S-Tune (from Tan Chong)
- GAB with AVCS
- Eibach (pro-damper and pro-kit)

Cheers!!!!
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience