New Myvi VS S/hand Prelude

KUCINGMERAH

Known Member
Apr 6, 2006
Need all members opinion...

Better I get New Myvi OR S/hand Prelude?

Plz help...

drMpower

May 1, 2006
new one la bro. how come myvi only, u want second hand.

warranty. price. etc. etc.

if u ask about new BMW or second hand BMW, then it makes sense la.

lol. sorry mate!

prozac

1,000 RPM
Jan 18, 2004
Visit site
He's saying that because both fall into the same price category.

But dude, they may be the same price but one will cost you more to own/maintain than the other. Consider wisely.

KUCINGMERAH

Known Member
Apr 6, 2006
He's saying that because both fall into the same price category.

But dude, they may be the same price but one will cost you more to own/maintain than the other. Consider wisely.

Thanks bro coz understand...

New Myvi - Low Cost Maintenance

Prelude - Prestige + High Maintenance

:hmmmm: Better get PRESTIGE or get FREE OF MIND.
Sorry if any members think my thread is stupid...

mag9556

2,000 RPM
Jul 11, 2006
New car less maintainance.. old car.. need to prepare for the worst...
depends on luck at the end...

csl

1,000 RPM
Aug 22, 2005
Malysia
Buy used 1997 civic better. The price different with myvi, easily enough can be consider life time FOC maintenance.

Reborn

Known Member
Nov 4, 2007
H22A doch vtec damn sucks petrol compare with my vi. My friend use to owned one and full tank only clocked no more than 290km. Of cuz, perfomence wise sure got alot of differrence.

kob3bryant

Known Member
Dec 3, 2005
the sense of driving inside the Myvi cabin and Prelude cabin a lot of different
to a car enthusiast i think i will probably take prelude

FVel

500 RPM
Feb 5, 2007
Yes, it depends on what you want. And you got to determine that for yourself.

If you just want to get by, buy a Myvi (of course you can mod a Myvi later is you so choose. Some modded examples are really nice...see for example the Myvi featured in Dec 2007's issue of Hypertune).

Remember, sometimes 'what you want' and 'what you should get' is very different. Most of the time, it is determined by how much enthusiasm and commitment you want to put into a car.

Most people buy a car just to get from A to B.

Car enthusiast on the other hand buy cars because they enjoy the driving experience. Car enthusiasts often put practicality on a lower priority.

It's like dating a hot chick...heavy maintenance, temperamental, but when you ride on one...really really syok.

csl

1,000 RPM
Aug 22, 2005
Malysia
Yes, it depends on what you want. And you got to determine that for yourself.

If you just want to get by, buy a Myvi (of course you can mod a Myvi later is you so choose. Some modded examples are really nice...see for example the Myvi featured in Dec 2007's issue of Hypertune).

Remember, sometimes 'what you want' and 'what you should get' is very different. Most of the time, it is determined by how much enthusiasm and commitment you want to put into a car.

Most people buy a car just to get from A to B.

Car enthusiast on the other hand buy cars because they enjoy the driving experience. Car enthusiasts often put practicality on a lower priority.

It's like dating a hot chick...heavy maintenance, temperamental, but when you ride on one...really really syok.
100% agree. But make sure don't regret and blame anyone, after making a choice.

Reborn

Known Member
Nov 4, 2007
ok. my point of view

New My Vi
- New car doesn't need to be so headache on maintanence
- OEM suspension which provide more smooth & comfortable
- FC according to my fren without heavy foot can acchive 420 km + for rm65 with current fuel petrol price (50% city 50% high-way)
- Due to its comfortable and modern design also consider acceptable when comes to picking-up ur gf or tackling babes
- Of course new car also easy to get high loan
- Maybe with 90% free kacau if driving with proper manner on the road...
- Easy to sell if planning to used the car for short term such like within 3-5 years

Ok for Honda Prelude

- Normally sport cars with more than 6 yaers old easily let you unexpect sudden suprise when comes to maintainence. i.e. engine parts, air con parts, interior parts, tyres & rims etc.
- (IF) Perfomance suspension normally far less comfort than OEM My Vi.
- F C depends how heavy is your right foot but better dont expect good results. Even my bro 4g93t also can get better result which acchieve 400+ km (with rarely heavy boosting la) Honda Prelude? nice feeling but quick petrol sucking
- Pride enough for picking up babes (depends lor, some will complain due to hard suspension)
- Need to prepare more cash on down payment due to S hand cars
- Eye catching sports cars easily kacau by intercooler cars and some self ego pride heavy mod n/a cars as well (even sumtimes drive with proper manner)
- Not easy to get high loan when is time to sell and change another car after few years driving
- Spare parts not as much as Mitsu and B-Series
- performance wise, u know how cun when vtec kicks in

To me, i would pick DC2 or Civic with B16.... mayb i'm to eager to own a vtec...

Overall, Less saving $$$ after buying your car, go for My Vi, still got plenty of k left in ur bank after buying, go for prelude.

just my 2 cent onli ya~~

All the best to u

Last edited:

ju onn

Known Member
Aug 30, 2006
Go for myvilaa.. but make sure u take the 1.3 old version (not the SE one) and mod it kaw-kaw later. The 1.0 is kinda a tortoise!!

karl5511

1,000 RPM
May 31, 2007
Two cars, different category, but the same price...

Depends on what do you actually wanted. I would say, Myvi. Bcoz, my house mate owns honda vtec H22A. Poket koyak men... :)

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I just wanted to know that there any aftermarket performance part or mods can load lsd into proton fwd gearbox? Sound new to me.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience