2012 Mazda RX-9 – Is It Real?

keshy

500 RPM
Dec 12, 2007

Having chanced upon these renderings of the next member of Mazda’s RX family, we also came upon suggestions that these renderings are just… renderings, and that the real thing will look substantially different. The front end that resembles the Mazda Furai concept, is too complicated compared to the clean designs of the RX-7 & RX-8, which just strengthens those rumours.

This RX-9 is also believed to be powered by a 1.8 Wankel powerplant and will be more oil and fuel efficient than current models. To which wheels exactly the power will be chanelled to is not currently known but we do know the RX-9 will feature a dual clutch 6 speed transmission and limited-slip diff.

It is not known whether this is the real deal or not, it could be fake, designed by a fanboy or it could be official images that were leaked. Their slightly low resolution also supports that theory, as often, leaked images are small and enlarged beyond their resolution later. Whatever it is, it doesn’t look bad, though not very aggressive looking, and the rear, well; they should do something about it. The front and rear don’t seem to be in proportion, another reason why this could just be fake.

Mazda has not released any information about the next generation RX, and we don’t even know if there will be one which will sadly reduce these pictures into the ‘what could have been’ archives. I hope they make it, with a few adjustments here and there; it’ll be desirable and lusty and hopefully it goes as fast at it looks.

drMpower

May 1, 2006
the idea of these car icons is that people will remember them forever.

if u ask me about FX7, surely i can describe it very well. if u ask me about supra, definitely I can draw it correctly on a piece of paper.

if u ask me about the recent RX8, sorry. I cant tell anything that remembers me to it.

why they are kinda rush to produce RX 9 when the 8 is not justifying its icon tag?

look at Toyota. that supra came out in what...1993? but still the iconic sight of supra still recognizable even after so many years and they havent bother to bring the new Supra. yes, there will be a new one, but after so many years oledi.

and this mazda concept. apart from the zoom-zoom design which applies to the 3, 5 and 6, I cannot say it float my boat on this Furai design cues.

another down the dustbin.

keshy

500 RPM
Dec 12, 2007
and i agree with ya'll.. the rx-8 never did captivate a lot of us like the 7 did.. but maybe they're trying to build on that with the rx-9.. hopefully they do.. more competition just means more choices for us.. and more dreams and what if's..

skazareth

Known Member
Feb 8, 2007
if this is succesor of the Efini..shame on mazda then.

Lennon

1,000 RPM
Apr 11, 2005
Nowadays, things that sell well will be a priority..... Toyota knows icon is just a gimmick to raise it's reputation, not ways to please their shareholders, this is what makes Toyota rise to become World biggest car maker by building cheaper car n sharing parts between model..... Mazda is doing so too..... Don't forget back then 'icon' don't have the pressure to comply to emmission test, so turbo car have become less n less available now..... New RX7 won't have turbo too...

RERider

Aug 7, 2004
Putrajaya
FAKE!!! Look at the shape of the side mirror, see clearly. There are not the same shape, between front view and rear view

:mad: :mad: :mad:

skazareth

Known Member
Feb 8, 2007
Nowadays, things that sell well will be a priority..... Toyota knows icon is just a gimmick to raise it's reputation, not ways to please their shareholders, this is what makes Toyota rise to become World biggest car maker by building cheaper car n sharing parts between model..... Mazda is doing so too..... Don't forget back then 'icon' don't have the pressure to comply to emmission test, so turbo car have become less n less available now..... New RX7 won't have turbo too...
look at RX8..got no turbo and everybody is sad.
look at Nissan's Gt-R.. still got turbo and everybody is happy with it.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Is a model of this rim available for malaysia car's which will fit well without spacers ?
like something that is not so wide. for 16" or 17" ? been looking for one but usually all very wide. 9JJ 10 JJ..im talking about something like 7JJ .

something that looks like this

http://i679.photobucket.com/albums/vv156/morteza69/bmw_m3_e46_rota_grid_1.jpg
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience