2008 Mitsubishi Ralliart Sportback: Official Details

keshy

500 RPM
Dec 12, 2007

I got to admit to something, some of you may or may not agree. When pictures of the Mitsubishi Evolution X surfaced, I was not impressed at all. Sincerely, I expected better from Mitsubishi. I still don't like it. It's ugly and confused. When the Subaru STi v.10 was launched, I wasn’t so depressed anymore. It was good looking. Better than the Evo X I thought to myself. Something out of the ordinary, fresh, and bold. And now this, it seems as if Mitsubishi was concerned about me being depressed with their Evolution X, that’s why they are going to launch this. To make me and all those who share my opinion happy. I’m not only happy; I almost fell off my chair knowing this thing has a chance of landing on our shores.

There is news confirming that Mitsubishi refuses to clarify whether the Ralliart will be based on the 4door Lancer or the upcoming 5door hatch version (to be introduced at Geneva). We have also learnt that in Europe, the Ralliart will be based on the 5door version while the States will be getting the 4door sedan. Hopefully we get the 5door Sportback, many others and I might go into depression again if they don't give us this.

Though really desirable, those of you already checking your bank balance and waving your cheque books should know this. The Lancer Ralliart will be equipped with a detuned version of the Evo X’s new 2.0 (Dual Valve VVT) Turbo Engine producing 240ps. Mitsubishi will mate the engine with it’s 6-speed Twin Clutch-SST transmission and with a full time 4wd system with Active Yaw Control and Active Centre Differential. Assumingly, the Ralliart will be significantly lighter than Evo X so the loss in power probably won’t be felt. But I’m sure there’s a darker side to that too, I just don’t know what, yet.

The Lancer Ralliart will compete head to head against the Subaru Impreza WRX, VW Golf GTI, Opel Astra OPC, Honda Civic Type-R, Renault Megane RS and etc. Hopefully someone organizes a group shoot out with all these cars competing, I’d pay to watch.

Among the items available on the standards list are: Aluminium bonnet panel (why not carbon fibre?), an Recaro front seats, sports steering wheel with paddle shift and a Ralliart radiator grille. Hopefully Mitsubishi grants us a test drive when it arrives here next year, we’ll keep you posted.

Last edited:

alien

2,000 RPM
Apr 21, 2004
kuala lumpur
Visit site
when they showed the concept version of the Evo X, everything was nice, futuristic and fearsome looks, then when it comes to the production version..
everything was toned down to meet all the demands and requirements needed for production..

im afraid it's gonna be the same for the sportsback..
Those front lights and the sharp nose wont be there..
Those flared arches and huge wheels? Nope..
But then there's always the custom shops..

GABrally

Known Member
Jan 26, 2006
bro cashy, i feel the same way too about evo X. not very fierce looking. sorry to say but evo X falls to d same category with avanza for me! too family-car looking! but this one..... huhuuuuuu...... at standstill also like already going 180km/h!!!!

keshy

500 RPM
Dec 12, 2007
bro cashy, i feel the same way too about evo X. not very fierce looking. sorry to say but evo X falls to d same category with avanza for me! too family-car looking! but this one..... huhuuuuuu...... at standstill also like already going 180km/h!!!!
good to know someone shares the same ideas.. thanks man.. maybe i'll see you driving around in one of these one day..

nafiiio

Known Member
Aug 22, 2006
erm.... check out in body kit store next month .. maybe u can customized ur Satria neo to be like that .. :p haha

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

The windscreen water spray on the bonet .. the right one is working but the left one having difficulties spraying the water out. What are the things should I check? :unsure:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience